Do you ever wonder......

I was going to say as others above mentioned that it's possible to spoof IP addresses so that it looks like it is coming from somewhere else. I don't know if whoever is trying is savvy enough to figure out how to do that though.

breaking into a single account is probably not going to be worthwhile to call on authorities for and charge the person. They're more focused on cyber crimes of a bigger magnitude than some dingdong trying to get into 1 forum account.

As for wondering what people would do for revenge.. no I don't. It wastes too much of my energy to do that not to mention wondering if someone is holding some stupid ass grudge against me. The only person it hurts when someone tries to pull 'revenge' or holds grudges- is themselves. I already know some people hate and/or hold misguided grudges against me- nothing I can do about it except know that either karma will deal with them or their anger/bitterness will just eat them up inside.

I gots better things to do! :)

seriously though..
1. Turn off email notification from alldeaf
2. Since you already changed your password to something strong AND it's taking more than 20 tries, rest easy and move on. IF it's who you think it is, he will lie til he's blue in the face and/or the cows come home. No sense in beating a dead horse (ooo wish I had klepto'ed that smiley from the other forum...) so you really aren't going to get anywhere with the person.

Considering this is the only instance I've seen (so far) of someone trying to get into alldeaf- I would think it's someone you know, not a general spammer.

Yeah, well...... turning off the notification is not really an option, because if I get a private message, I need to know about it. And the person has tried well over 100 times to get in, with no success, so I don't know why the person would want my account, and what for, other than to use it for illicit things. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure it's well protected.

Yeah, well...... turning off the notification is not really an option, because if I get a private message, I need to know about it.
Are your pm responses that urgent? I usually find out about mine when I refresh "New Posts" and that's quick enough. Or you can simply go to your notifications and see if there's any news.

And the person has tried well over 100 times to get in, with no success, so I don't know why the person would want my account, and what for, other than to use it for illicit things. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure it's well protected.
It is well protected so don't sweat it.

What kind of illicit things can one do with a hacked AD account? :lol:

ADers learn to recognize other members' styles of posting, so if someone else did make an "illicit" post under your name I'm pretty sure we'd figure it out.

Are you positive your doppelganger hasn't been making those log in attempts?

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone/Asus Tablet)

Reba said:
Yeah, well...... turning off the notification is not really an option, because if I get a private message, I need to know about it.
Are your pm responses that urgent? I usually find out about mine when I refresh "New Posts" and that's quick enough. Or you can simply go to your notifications and see if there's any news.

And the person has tried well over 100 times to get in, with no success, so I don't know why the person would want my account, and what for, other than to use it for illicit things. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure it's well protected.
It is well protected so don't sweat it.

What kind of illicit things can one do with a hacked AD account? :lol:

ADers learn to recognize other members' styles of posting, so if someone else did make an "illicit" post under your name I'm pretty sure we'd figure it out.

Are you positive your doppelganger hasn't been making those log in attempts?

Nah. I just like to know about it, that's all.

As for protection, I can say with certainty that it is, and I'm feeling a little better today, knowing that after 100+ tries, the unknown person hasn't been able to get inside.

And as for dopplegangers, I have none I know of, and the IP addresses indicate they are not local.

Seeing as how it's not any of your housemates or anyone you know I wonder if it's someone you don't even know.

After all, you've annoyed some people here and probably someone's tired of it.

images

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone/Asus Tablet)

A Nihilist said:
Seeing as how it's not any of your housemates or anyone you know I wonder if it's someone you don't even know.

After all, you've annoyed some people here and probably someone's tired of it.

:dunno:

Anyhow, there aren't any members living in Cicero that I know of, and there is most definitely not anyone living in the zip code that was shown to me-- think Derek and I would know about it.

The person doesn't necessarily have to live IN Cicero to have that location. Cell towers are notorious for not quite pinning the location down exactly. Same with IP addresses. Some are dynamic and change on a regular basis.

if it still going on and if you did listen to me to use mac filter then its time to use wireshark. doesnt look local? use wireshark to check wan connection... good luck

if it still going on and if you did listen to me to use mac filter then its time to use wireshark. doesnt look local? use wireshark to check wan connection... good luck

It is indeed still going on, and I just narrowed down the location a whole lot further.... turns out it's NOT in Cicero nor Chicago.... it's actually coming from Berkeley, IL, so that really narrows it down. For some reason, there's someone else using the same IP address as I am, and this should not be possible, but it is, because I just used this website, and it told me.

IP Location Finder - Geolocation

This made things really clear for once and all. Now I know for certain it is someone local attempting to break into my account here, but who, I do not know.

Good news!! My MiFi's name and password have been changed. Now this should be the end of this for once and all.

I found out how they were able to get a hold of my MiFi's password in the first place. Turns out someone used the "admin" password to get access to my MiFi, so I changed that, and I also changed my own password-- twice, cause the person saw it the first time, and that's when I wised up. Now this person shouldn't be able to get in again, cause I am making every effort to keep the person from getting into my MiFi, and since I now know how they got a hold of my MiFi's password, I had to change the password from "admin" to something a little stronger, and also changed the MiFi settings, too. Now there should be no way this person can get in now.

Let this be a warning for ALL of you!! most of you get routers or modems with built in routers and NEVER get acquainted with it. Most people I help with the routers/modems are always the ones who never change the default log in. Same goes for when VRS installer installs your vp and gives you a new modem and you guys never learn the login username/password and change it as soon they leave.

Please - dont find your self into a corner when you need service- write down the username/password and guard it somewhere so you can log back in when a VRS installer comes over to make changes or fix or a service tech.

Let this be a warning for ALL of you!! most of you get routers or modems with built in routers and NEVER get acquainted with it. Most people I help with the routers/modems are always the ones who never change the default log in. Same goes for when VRS installer installs your vp and gives you a new modem and you guys never learn the login username/password and change it as soon they leave.

Please - dont find your self into a corner when you need service- write down the username/password and guard it somewhere so you can log back in when a VRS installer comes over to make changes or fix or a service tech.

Just a teeny tiny problem... I accidentally disabled the SSID broadcasting part, and now I can't get back in. Ah, well. Not like I really wanted the person to get in, anyhow. I just might end up cancelling the account altogether.

Actually the broadcasting is only for people who don't know the SSID and want to get in. If you saved the SSID profile you'd be fine.

Actually the broadcasting is only for people who don't know the SSID and want to get in. If you saved the SSID profile you'd be fine.

When I disabled the broadcasting SSID on the MiFi, it locked me out altogether, and now it's kinda useless without being able to get back inside. Anyhow, I still have my phone's hotspot to use, so I'm okay.

When I disabled the broadcasting SSID on the MiFi, it locked me out altogether, and now it's kinda useless without being able to get back inside. Anyhow, I still have my phone's hotspot to use, so I'm okay.
You didn't write down your password?

Yes, I did. The SSID is disabled, and without it, I cannot access the MiFi

Use manual, not auto for connection the WIFI via MiFi. Go find manual WIFI then type your full SSID name and password then connection from your computer or tablet. That's it.

Back