Another Pit Bull Story

Banjo said:
Yes, my friend was outside with the dog. The dog tried to defend itself, but failed to.

They lived on a farmland, and the neighbour's dog ran over to the dog and bit it. That's exactly what happened.

I remember when my son was little. He was ran the ball over next my friend's house propery. Somehow, chinese (wrinkles face) dog attacked my son's hip. He bited him really hard because a dog dislike any strange to walk across in the propery.

He was just trying to get the ball. It was all suddently a Chinese dog bited him. Thanks God, it was not his face. He was small. That dog was really big. The neighbors called the police and put him a sleep. It is not safety in that area especially little kids played outside.

Sabrina said:
:nono: Impossible, I was a member of Yankee Golden Retriver for several years. I had two Golden Retrivers. I meet their parents with AKC certification.

I never see any Golden Retriver aggresstive to other children or adults unless anyone who threatened to G.R. It is possible angry and bite for some reason. As for mauled No way...

G. R. is very affectionated and loveable to the children !!!

I have a Lab Retriever, and it is a very good dog. I know most retrievers are good pets.

But, the one I spoke of did attack and kill a neighbour dog and was put down that same night.

It is not impossible.

Banjo said:
I have a Lab Retriever, and it is a very good dog. I know most retrievers are good pets.

But, the one I spoke of did attack and kill a neighbour dog and was put down that same night.

It is not impossible.

It sounds like that dog has a rabit biting by a raccoon or another wild animals. His behavior was not normal for the retriever dogs. :(

What is breed of (wrinkle face) dog? Is not it chinese dog??

Sabrina said:
I remember when my son was little. He was ran the ball over next my friend's house propery. Somehow, chinese (wrinkles face) dog attacked my son's hip. He bited him really hard because a dog dislike any strange to walk across in the propery.

He was just trying to get the ball. It was all suddently a Chinese dog bited him. Thanks God, it was not his face. He was small. That dog was really big. The neighbors called the police and put him a sleep. It is not safety in that area especially little kids played outside.

Dogs are well-known for protecting their territorities. You should had kept your son from going over there.

Your son may had just wanted to get the ball, but he trespassed onto the property. That is your problem, not the dog's.

Small dogs, even a pomeranian dog can kill an infant meaning ANY dogs can be dangerous in certain situations.

A small Pomeranian dog killed a 6-week-old baby while the infant's caretaker briefly left the child unattended to warm a bottle of milk, authorities in Los Angeles said.

http://www.cnn.com/2000/US/10/09/pomeranian.kills.ap/

Here's one about a family pet, dachshund,

A 6-week-old St. Mary's County, Md., boy was in critical condition Monday after being dragged from his playpen and mauled by the family's dachshund, police said.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/news-story.asp?date=121702&ID=s1273626

(P.S., you'll have to register to view the article, it's free)

Any dogs can be dangerous, regardless of the breeds and sizes.

Sabrina said:
It sounds like that dog has a rabit biting by a raccoon or another wild animals. His behavior was not normal for the retriever dogs. :(

No, the dog was in good health. The dog did not have rabies, it was a vicious dog, that's all there is to it.

Banjo said:
Dogs are well-known for protecting their territorities.

Any dogs can be dangerous, regardless of the breeds and sizes.

You are right as I have sweet-natured Boston Terriers. One of them will run to total strangers & lick their faces and I do not like that at all. I always grab my younger Boston Terrier to break her habit and discipline her. My older Boston Terrier is disciplined and she does growl at strangers. She barks at strangers and I must keep her inside. I always tell strangers "The dogs never bite but they bark!" until one day my oldest Boston Terrier bit a service technician. I was shocked to find out that my sweet Boston Terriers could bite when she never did it her whole life. I asked the service technician if he was ok, he said yes and my dog only nipped him. I felt remorseful because it was my obligation to make sure everything was ok. I made sure he had my address and phone number in case he went to the hospital. Pet owners' have a moral and ethical obligation and responsibility to society to take care of their own pets.

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/aggres1.html scroll down to bottom but (copy and past below)

Do you suspect that your dog is aggressive?
The late Dr. Harvey Braaf VMD listed the following symptoms of dog aggression. None of these symptoms should be ignored; each can be a predictor of serious aggressive behavior. A professional trainer should be contacted if the owner cannot deal with the problem.

In no case should the animal be abandoned to a shelter or rescue organization for adoption by an unsuspecting new owner.
If you think your dog is aggressive check the following symptoms

• Excessive barking;
  • A tendency to snarl, growl, or snap to protect food;
  • Overprotectiveness of possessions;
  • Fearfulness in new sutuations or around strangers;
  • Severe attacks on other aimals, such as cats or livestock;
  • Attempts to mount people's legs;
  • Snapping and snarling when petted, groomed, or lifted;
  • Frequent attempts to chase moving objects such as bicycles, skateboards, cars and trucks;
  • Repeated escapes from home and long periods spent roaming free

How to Avoid Dog Attacks
  • Avoid going onto private property unless specifically invited.
  • Do not run when confronted with a threatening dog. Running only stimulates the dog to increase its aggression.
  • Hold your ground and demonstrate moderate dominance by telling the dog firmly to go home. This usually works wonders. Firmly saying "no" and "sit" may also work.
  • Avoid direct eye contact, which the dog interprets as a challenge. Instead, appear nonchalant.
  • When the dog begins to back away, slowly retreat also, keeping the dog in view without paying much attention to it. If the dog begins to come back, stop and wait until it moves off again.
  • Do not try to outdistance the dog on a bicycle. Stop, dismount and stand with the bicycle between you and the dog. Without something to chase, the dog may lose interest.
  • Do not try to pet a strange, free-roaming dog.
  • Never attempt to touch or pet a dog that is eating or sleeping.
  • Do not be embarrassed to jump on a car, climb a tree, or call for help if you are threatened.
  • Do not be embarrassed to ask a dog owner to restrain the dog until it clearly recognizes you as a friend.
  • Avoid any encounters with guard-trained dogs. Find out if any are patrolling before you walk in a new area.
  • Report all aggressive loose dogs or incidents of actual bites.
  • Keep still and try to remain calm. Do not scream or run. (J. Michael Cornwell, DVM, advises children to "be a tree," with feet together, elbows against your chest and hands under your neck.)
  • Glance at the dog so you know where it is, but don't stare it in the eyes.
  • Don't turn your back on the barking animal.
  • Let the dog sniff you. In most cases, it will leave as soon as it realizes that you aren't really a threat.
  • Speak to the dog only in a calm voice. You might try: "Go away," "Go home" or "Nice dog."
  • Wait until the dog leaves, then slowly back away until it's out of sight.
  • As a last resort, throw or pretend to throw an object at an aggressive dog.
  • If attacked, "feed" the dog something else--your jacket, bike, purse, books--to distract it.
  • If knocked down, curl into a ball, and use your hands to protect your head and neck.
  • Seek immediate medical attention for dog bites. All bites should also be reported to the police or animal-control department.

Look the example over Dream Deaf…I believe what Dream Deaf stated because he has the

*checking inside my pants* I didn't even know I changed sexes!!!!

Heh!
Love,
DD

Im not going to comment on dogs anymore in here...im afraid id get attacked by people!! LOL!! just kiiddddinnnnggg!! :nana:

Defree how's your dogs ?

In past I had staffordshire too.. Her name was Diva.. she died :( but we got Jake now which he is a Mutt ~ black lab, rottweiler, and pitbull :)

Wendy

WBHarley said:
Defree how's your dogs ?

In past I had staffordshire too.. Her name was Diva.. she died :( but we got Jake now which he is a Mutt ~ black lab, rottweiler, and pitbull :)

Wendy
oh my pitbull dog is doing great..his name is Mac. Im sorry to hear that your
dog, Diva is gone! Jake has good mix in him though! ;-)

Socrates said:
Gatorboy00, I can sense your passion about your opinion however please do not get upset about this issue as I can see you are getting involved with this issue. There are two sides to a debate and a healthy debate does have its negative and positive feedback. Accept it, please. Even I do not like it, I must swallow it like a bitter pill as it is one of life's wonderful lessons.
That's exactly what the debate is for. It's not there to degrade others or to be taken seriously. It's there to express opinions and other things. If you were fighting against a law that was going to be passed, then you could take it seriously and go as far as you can. Here, it's only for expressing opinions... not for getting in arguments with someone else.

Hmm... that brings me to GoogleFight:

bad pitbulls: 10,900 results
good pitbulls: 23,000 results

Hmm...?

VamPyroX said:
That's exactly what the debate is for. It's not there to degrade others or to be taken seriously. It's there to express opinions and other things. If you were fighting against a law that was going to be passed, then you could take it seriously and go as far as you can. Here, it's only for expressing opinions... not for getting in arguments with someone else.

Hmm... that brings me to GoogleFight:

bad pitbulls: 10,900 results
good pitbulls: 23,000 results

Hmm...?

And ?

I thought thats what we are doing! debating, and making comments..i didnt see any arguments,insulting or disrespecting so far......

i got goosebump all over my body when i heard this story.... i refused to buy pitbull.
i really like pitbull but i cant buy a pitbull and it is not good for small childrens.
i heard lots of peoples have a problems with pitbull

the pitbull belong with black peoples because of drugs problems....
i noticed the black peoples always buy a pitbull because of protect their familys because of drugs problems... sell or buy drugs problems..

make me sick when i see a pitbull hurts a small childrens !

kristy said:
i got goosebump all over my body when i heard this story.... i refused to buy pitbull.
i really like pitbull but i cant buy a pitbull and it is not good for small childrens.
i heard lots of peoples have a problems with pitbull

the pitbull belong with black peoples because of drugs problems....
i noticed the black peoples always buy a pitbull because of protect their familys because of drugs problems... sell or buy drugs problems..

make me sick when i see a pitbull hurts a small childrens !
Im not black! :squint: lol!
i respect your feelings about pitbulls, no problem!

Back