3 Ohio women found when missing a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawaii was not a state when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor during WWII? At that time, didn't we have 50 stars in US flag?

Hawaii became a state in the late 50's. During WWII we ran a military government in Hawaii that replaced their gov. They were just a territory.

Cool! Hawaii became a state on July 4, 1960. I guess I failed in history.

No. Hawaii became a state in 1959. New flags become effective on July 4th, therefore Hawaii's star wasn't officially on the flag until July 4th 1960.

Edit: I see you see that now.

No. Hawaii became a state in 1959. New flags become effective on July 4th, therefore Hawaii's star wasn't officially on the flag until July 4th 1960.

Edit: I see you see that now.
OK, I think I got it. A territory means a land bought and owned. Correct?

Cool! Hawaii became a state on July 4, 1960. I guess I failed in history.

Edited: Oops! Hawaii became a state in August 1959, even though a star was added on July 4, 1960.

If PR becomes 51st state so our new flag will look like below.
20100430_51flags_250x266.jpg

Also, we will have 102 senates (2 new senators) but the house is still max at 435 unless representatives have to change the constitution to increase the house seats, and without any change, some states will lose the seat by give seats to PR. It means 7th congressional district in Alabama can be eliminated and give to PR. Same example for California - 53rd congressional district can be eliminated and give to PR.

PR has little more population than in state of Connecticut, so CT has 5 house seats and it is likely for PR to take 5 seats from other states if 435 max isn't increased.

I hadn't known either that Hawaii wasn't a state during WWII. That was interesting to learn.

... What's f*****g wrong with his lawyer? MONEY?
My guess is that those are court appointed lawyers because I doubt that Castro could afford a legal dream team out of his pocket. Is they are court appointed, they usually get a set fee for their work, which is like a legal minimum wage amount. Of course, they could always get "rich" later by writing books. Otherwise, I don't think they're doing it for the money.

Some defense lawyers seriously take on notorious clients because they truly believe that every person, no matter how despicable, deserves a good defense in court.

I haven't read the whole story yet (were camping for a few days) so I don't know what category these lawyers are in.

House of Horrors: Kidnapped in Cleveland on ID channel now. It will be repeated at 11 pm EST.

I saw that. Hopefully nobody has to see the likes of him again.

Just watched the episode on ID tonight...horrific that one girl had to have her baby in a small pool with no doctors...and Castero had a shotgun at one of the girls' heads, telling her that if the baby was dead he would blow her head off.....He forced 2 of the girls to deliver a baby, when they had no knowledge of what to do.....

And this monster pleads "Not Guilty"....saying that himself was raped by an Uncle when he was a little boy.....So guessing he feels it gives him the right to do something as horrific as this.....

Just watched the episode on ID tonight...horrific that one girl had to have her baby in a small pool with no doctors...and Castero had a shotgun at one of the girls' heads, telling her that if the baby was dead he would blow her head off.....He forced 2 of the girls to deliver a baby, when they had no knowledge of what to do.....

And this monster pleads "Not Guilty"....saying that himself was raped by an Uncle when he was a little boy.....So guessing he feels it gives him the right to do something as horrific as this.....
It won't work. The jury is not going to think "Oh, that's why he kidnapped the girls so he is not guilty". He's nuts.

Edited: I meant he's nuts for thinking that he can get away with it. He's not mentally insane for sure.

Last edited:
Ariel Castro agrees to plea deal that puts him in prison for life term, followed by 1,000 yrs. Castro admits to kidnapping 3 women, holding them for years. Avoid death penalty.

I think that his house is going be demolished very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back