3 Ohio women found when missing a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

I agree with Jiro. I just hope the courts will consider giving the girls some time to prepair themselves along with some good mental help and advocates supporting them.

no. Ariel is the one who made a decision, not his lawyer. Now this means he has chose to go to trial and the prosecutors will have to prove their cases against him. The worst part? It's what sicko wants. Trial means victims have to endure with it and relive it several times. He gets off on listening to details and hope that the victims will kill themselves during the trial.

Since he chose this route - it will usually means his prison sentence will be harsher and longer if he's found guilty. I'm sure that prior to trial - the DA had offered him a plea bargain in exchange for his guilty plea and I guess Ariel didn't like the deal.

You and I both know that there's no chance in hell that he will get out of it even with insanity defense or reason of mental defect. death penalty for sure. my only concern is victims' well-beings during trial.
Why didn't his lawyer advise him to plead guilty? No because he said that Ariel is innocent. Trial means more money for the greedy lawyer who doesn't care about the victims. You know how lawyers are. Maybe I watch too many movies. :lol:

Don't worry--many Americans forget that Puerto Rico is America.

So don't the Puerto Ricans, and they may vote for independence yet....not all of them want statehood.

So don't the Puerto Ricans, and they may vote for independence yet....not all of them want statehood.

Majority of voters want statehood for Puerto Rico - the election in 2012.

If PR is one of the states, then how come we still have 50 stars in US flag?

The congress have to approve the statehood and change the flag - add one more star.

Why didn't his lawyer advise him to plead guilty? No because he said that Ariel is innocent. Trial means more money for the greedy lawyer who doesn't care about the victims. You know how lawyers are. Maybe I watch too many movies. :lol:

who knows. maybe his lawyer advised him to plead guilty for lesser sentence. maybe Ariel ignored his advice and told him to plead not guilty.

Reba said that PR is America.

you misunderstood.

PR is an American "unincorporated" territory but not an American state.

territory... not a state.

who knows. maybe his lawyer advised him to plead guilty for lesser sentence. maybe Ariel ignored his advice and told him to plead not guilty.

Schlachet says details of Castro’s innocence “will be disclosed as the case progresses.”
So again the lawyer said that Ariel is innocent.

So people in PR can say that they are Americans?

they ARE American but they say they're PR because they're proud of it. that's why they have continued to vote against statehood.

So people in PR can say that they are Americans?

Yes. PR is an American Territory. So is Guam. In fact, you don't need a passport to travel to these locations. Same with US Virgin Islands and Samoa.

So again the lawyer said that Ariel is innocent.

what is the lawyer's job? to serve a client and to act in client's best interest to the best of his ability. Ariel says he's innocent... not his lawyer. his lawyer is paid to do what Ariel wants. you're acting like Ariel is the lawyer's puppet. that would be illegal and unethical.

they ARE American but they say they're PR because they're proud of it. that's why they have continued to vote against statehood.

Very much like Hawaii (although it is now a state) People in Hawaii are very proud and consider themselves Hawaiian first American second.

Hawaii was just a territory during WWII

Very much like Hawaii (although it is now a state) People in Hawaii are very proud and consider themselves Hawaiian first American second.

that I didn't know. interesting!

Hawaii was not a state when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor during WWII? At that time, didn't we have 50 stars in US flag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back