3 Ohio women found when missing a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, the only thing that Juror in grand jury trial wants.... its called

EVIDENCE, EVIDENCE, EVIDENCE

If there is no evidence present then, juror are required to vote NOT GUILTY
not necessarily.

if there is no evidence, then there's no trial.

exactly.

Usually when DA sees there is possibility of charges, DA usually present to grand jury first to see if there is green light for trial.

Remember the incident in Texas where father beats scumbag to death for raping his teenager daughter. Evidence is everywhere really. DA had to present to grand jury on these charges with evidences and grand jury declined which is right thing. These grand jury committee noticed that the justice has been served so no need to go forward with trial.

not necessarily.

if there is no evidence, then there's no trial.

Ariel Castro might be textbook case for aggravated murder under Ohio law

Under Ohio law, if there is significant evidence showing that the offender, through physical abuse and forms of torture, "purposely ... cause[d] ... the unlawful termination of another's pregnancy," there is a real case to be made for a charge of aggravated murder, which carries the death penalty as a possible (but not mandatory) punishment.

If, as the released police report apparently indicates, the defendant beat one of his victims with the intent to cause her to miscarry, I believe Castro could well be prosecuted in Ohio with aggravated murder pursuant to Ohio Revised Code 2903.01. Here are the key facts (according to news reports) that support this conclusion:

New details on the women's harrowing ordeal were confirmed in a police report obtained Wednesday by CBS News … [Michelle] Knight told police, according to the report, that Castro impregnated her 'at least 5 times,' but that each time he would starve her and then punch her in the stomach to induce a miscarriage.

Here are the key provisions of Ohio law with the terms in bold that highlight the basis on which Ohio prosecutors could charge aggravated murder against Castro:

2903.01 aggravated murder.

(A) No person shall purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the death of another or the unlawful termination of another's pregnancy.

(B) No person shall purposely cause the death of another or the unlawful termination of another's pregnancy while committing or attempting to commit, or while fleeing immediately after committing or attempting to commit, kidnapping, rape, aggravated arson, arson, aggravated robbery, robbery, aggravated burglary, burglary, trespass in a habitation when a person is present or likely to be present, terrorism, or escape.

Critically, I do not mean here to assert that state prosecutors must now seek the death penalty in their prosecution of Castro. I can envision lots of sound reasons for local prosecutors to decide not to seek the punishment of death here, especially if Castro's alleged three primary victims indicate a strong disinclination to go through the difficulties (and media sensation) of a full-blown capital trial and the inevitable appeals that would likely follow if a jury imposed a death sentence.

But I do mean to assert that state prosecutors should now be considering how they will present to an Ohio grand jury the evidence which could support a charge of aggravated murder based on Casto's alleged repeated purposeful efforts to unlawfully terminate Michelle Knight's pregnancies.

Because Ohio legislators amended the state's aggravated murder provisions to expressly include "purposely caus[ing]... the unlawful termination of another's pregnancy," Ohio law now expressly reflects a state policy decision that a defendant who intentionally and unlawfully terminated a pregnancy could face an aggravated murder charge.

Right now, it certainly appears that Ariel Castro is the poster child for the kind of "unlawful pregnancy terminator" who, in my view, should at least be facing the prospect of aggravated murder charges under Ohio law.

Ariel Castro might turn out to be a textbook case for aggravated murder under Ohio law | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Depending on the circumstances, it could be conspiracy (before the fact), accessory, accessory after the fact, obstruction of justice, or a variety of charges.

So far, the authorities haven't said they found anything involving the brothers.
That's right. Only the kidnapped girls know. If they saw the brothers who stopped by but didn't call 911, that will prove that the guys knew about it. I guess that the authorities might keep it quiet. Can you imagine that the brothers could have visited him and didn't know about the girls for 10 years? No way!

Really, he got too many felony charges. The numbers of felony charges he faced is the reason why I estimate he will get minimum 50 years in prison. I heard case somewhat similar as this one but no murder had occured, he was jailed minimum of 50 years. You can find out more information though NYS inmate locator website, his name is James Comfort. Glad he is now locked up and for good.

Assumption is motherhood of all fucks up!

Never Never assume! What if your brother of this scumbag and you had no idea, how would you feel that people assume that you already involved? I don't care about your opinion, all I care is *F A C T S* before accusing innocent and ruin their life.

You need to separate from personal and reality. If you can't then you won't be qualified for juror.

That's right. Only the kidnapped girls know. If they saw the brothers who stopped by but didn't call 911, that will prove that the guys knew about it. I guess that the authorities might keep it quiet. Can you imagine that the brothers could have visited him and didn't know about the girls for 10 years? No way!

Assumption is motherhood of all fucks up!

Never Never assume! What if your brother of this scumbag and you had no idea, how would you feel that people assume that you already involved? I don't care about your opinion, all I care is *F A C T S* before accusing innocent and ruin their life.

You need to separate from personal and reality. If you can't then you won't be qualified for juror.
If you frequently visit your brother who kidnapped a girl chained in the basement, wouldn't you go to the basement to get something like a tool? You need to read carefully when I say "IF".

If you frequently visit your brother who kidnapped a girl chained in the basement, wouldn't you go to the basement to get something like a tool?

aren't tools in garage? or shed?

it's best to wait and see what the basement layout is. if it's well-hidden, well that's why.

If you frequently visit your brother who kidnapped a girl chained in the basement, wouldn't you go to the basement to get something like a tool?

When I visited my brother - I only went to his basement when invited. He wasn't doing anything wrong, but I was respecting his privacy. It is quite possible (though unlikely) that the brothers did not know. He could have hidden these ladies so well and threatened them enough that they would not make a sound.

Neighbor Angel Cordero played a key role in Cleveland women's escape - CNN.com

Angel said that he was the one helping her escape. Not Charles Ramsey.

Cordero said that the woman had cracked opened the inner of two front doors but that the outer door was closed with a chain. "I tried to open the door, but I couldn't, so I gave it a few kicks," he said.

But Ramsey showed up after Berry had already escaped, according to Cordero.

Charles Ramsey: Hero of abductions case, instant Internet star - CNN.com

Ramsey and a man named Angel Cordero broke down the door,

The second link has no CC so I don't know what Charles said.

I think the only thing Charles did was to call 911 while Amanda also called 911 at Angel's friend's house. The news reporter who interviewed with Angel said that Charles got the attention because Angel can't speak English.

It should be interestingly noted that the area where the girls were kidnapped... closer to Cleveland Association for the Deaf. No frigging kidding.

It should be interestingly noted that the area where the girls were kidnapped... closer to Cleveland Association for the Deaf. No frigging kidding.

I fail to see how this is interesting to know.

You are right, Oddball.

Ugh... Ariel is not guilty on this charge. Unbelievable, he said he was isolate in the prison without newspaper, TV and internet just few days.

Look at three women were suffering at least 10 years in the basement with chains and duct tapes around on Michelle Knight's face....

Oh god, hopefully the prisoners will beat up Ariel real bad and feed him small amount of food once a week and gave him dirty warm water once a day. Let him suffering really slowly....

:wtf: wrong with the Cleveland Police department did not listen the neighbors calling numerous of time !! They paid them tax, what did the cops do their job ??

Ugh... Ariel is not guilty on this charge. Unbelievable, he said he was isolate in the prison without newspaper, TV and internet just few days.

Look at three women were suffering at least 10 years in the basement with chains and duct tapes around on Michelle Knight's face....

Oh god, hopefully the prisoners will beat up Ariel real bad and feed him small amount of food once a week and gave him dirty warm water once a day. Let him suffering really slowly....

:wtf: wrong with the Cleveland Police department did not listen the neighbors calling numerous of time !! They paid them tax, what did the cops do their job ??

Yeah, B....S.. to his lawyer. I will wait until city hire jurors to work.

:confused: Link, please.

Thanks, I appreciate it. "Ariel is not guilty on this charge" means he's found not guilty. That's why I was confused.

So he will plead not guilty. There are three REAL witnesses whom he kidnapped and raped. What's fucking wrong with his lawyer? MONEY?

no. Ariel is the one who made a decision, not his lawyer. Now this means he has chose to go to trial and the prosecutors will have to prove their cases against him. The worst part? It's what sicko wants. Trial means victims have to endure with it and relive it several times. He gets off on listening to details and hope that the victims will kill themselves during the trial.

Since he chose this route - it will usually means his prison sentence will be harsher and longer if he's found guilty. I'm sure that prior to trial - the DA had offered him a plea bargain in exchange for his guilty plea and I guess Ariel didn't like the deal.

You and I both know that there's no chance in hell that he will get out of it even with insanity defense or reason of mental defect. death penalty for sure. my only concern is victims' well-beings during trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back