How many of you do well-being checks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since your parents were so far away from Chicago, how did you find the place you are living in?

No way in high-hell would I take care of a 30-yr-old....only if he lost his job...or was deathly-ill...and only until he got back on his feet.

I am so lucky my mom lives with my brother. He is single and took both my parents in when my dad could not drive any longer. He took such great care of my dad until my dad passed away. He has a rotten Irish temper at times, but I love him for what he did. Luckily they live close and we have a good system if someone does not hear from someone. They are more worried about me then her as she is in great health. My brother did get a personal alarm for her that is hooked up to the house alarm. If she is alone and in trouble just push a button and someone will show up. I try to keep my cel phone close just in case I fall or something. I just don't dwell on all the negativity and try to see the positive side of life.

Since your parents were so far away from Chicago, how did you find the place you are living in?

I was referred here. Now, I've said this before, but some of you aren't getting it. There is NO staff here whatsoever, and we ALL pay our own bills, with the exception of one person here, who isn't trusted to be as responsible as we are. Anyhow, not only do we pay our own bills, we all also do our own food shopping, as well-- we do not get help taking care of bills or food shopping. This residence is intended to teach us how to learn to do things as if we were living on our own, because we have to think that way in order to survive.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

This residence is intended to teach us how to learn to do things as if we were living on our own, because we have to think that way in order to survive.

Gotcha, hope it all works out well for you!

Maybe they don't want him to. I am hoping my kids won't be living with me when they are in their 30s! Lol
The afternoon after we returned from our daughter's wedding, we cleaned out her bedroom and made it our home office. :lol:

The afternoon after we returned from our daughter's wedding, we cleaned out her bedroom and made it our home office. :lol:

Just one problem-- I never officially had a bedroom there. That room is now storage, and no longer a bedroom. I sleep on their couch when I do visit.

Mark

I am hoping to have a bigger house than this by the time my son is married. This is a starter home and planned on selling it in 5 years but this is the 7th year and we are $120k in the hole with this house so who knows when the value will go up again. No thanks to the house market crash of 2008.

If we are still in this house by the time he gets married, I am not sure what we will do to his room. Maybe a guest bedroom! :)

Just one problem-- I never officially had a bedroom there. That room is now storage, and no longer a bedroom. I sleep on their couch when I do visit.
I wasn't referring to your situation.

Anyway, that was over 20 years ago and she hasn't been back since (to use the bedroom, that is).

I wasn't referring to your situation.

Anyway, that was over 20 years ago and she hasn't been back since (to use the bedroom, that is).

My apologies. I must've misinterpreted what you meant. Carry on.

Mark

I just did a well being check on myself , I checked out the obituaries and did not see my name so I guess I am OK.

We came back and lived with MIL for 3 years in the same house hubby grew up in. He is an only child and MIL needed our help. We are now next door and soon (3-5 years) we plan on moving again if we can.

They found some ladys mummified body in some burbs of Detriot, Michigan for over 6 years... neighbors not notice anything was amiss...the bank was in middle of foreclosure I think. Saw it on the news this AM.

So freaking weird if family, friends, neighbor did not even notice.

I was referred here. Now, I've said this before, but some of you aren't getting it. There is NO staff here whatsoever, and we ALL pay our own bills, with the exception of one person here, who isn't trusted to be as responsible as we are. Anyhow, not only do we pay our own bills, we all also do our own food shopping, as well-- we do not get help taking care of bills or food shopping. This residence is intended to teach us how to learn to do things as if we were living on our own, because we have to think that way in order to survive.

Mark

It sounds like you live in a group home.

It sounds like you live in a group home.

That's exactly what ADers aren't getting-- I don't. Group homes have supervision, this does not. Told Ambrosia that some time ago. She said something about a halfway house, and I just about cracked up laughing.

That's exactly what ADers aren't getting-- I don't. Group homes have supervision, this does not. Told Ambrosia that some time ago. She said something about a halfway house, and I just about cracked up laughing.

:shock: Dude- thats harsh. People thinking your from a group home! Oh my gosh theres a huge difference I agree! Educate us please. Some of us dont know how the system works anyhow, myself included.

People won't know that I am dead for at least three weeks. I don't have a job. I live alone. My family lives far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back