Gallaudet University's Official Language

That has always puzzled me. Why does kokonut continue to stay while the posts of his always seem to draw the opposition?

It's like a kamikaze tactic. But he's died way too many times attempting it and people already know his thought process without him even having to state it. All the efforts to create an evil Obama has often ended in futility, a zillion times.

There is a psychological explanation...but far be it from me to give it. Someone will pop out of the woodwork and accuse me of practicing and diagnosing on here.:giggle:

yes, i'm new. been reading a long while. my partner is deaf since birth and i have a substantial hearing loss. would have typed an intro but don't know how. funny i know. i am studying AUSLAN and also a little ASL self taught. as i said, hadn't planned on posting here, just surprised at how consistent you all are re kokonut no matter what he says. to the extent of making controversy when there is none.

Well, welcome to AD! You've certainly made an astute observation here.

Holding an opposite view is one thing, but making it personal is another thing when it comes to going after each and every comment a person make is another thing. Wouldn't you say?

I know. But if you look at the posters, it is really only a small number who do that.

Most of us are really more live and let live.

Well, for one thing assume activity is the key. People who contribute to the forum the post are what keeps a forum alive. You wouldn't be here if no one gave you the jollies would you?

People who don't contribute anything to the forum... If you want to think highly of them, go right on ahead..

what if their question is a valid one?

Well, for one thing assume activity is the key. People who contribute to the forum the post are what keeps a forum alive. You wouldn't be here if no one gave you the jollies would you?

People who don't contribute anything to the forum... If you want to think highly of them, go right on ahead..

No one forcing you to read anybody's postings. You do have an option.

There you go, Bottesini. Yet they continue regardless of what I write or say. Even legitimate or just plain ol' comments I make.

back to topic

:ty:

mcdavo8 - welcome and you should introduce yourself here at Introduce Yourself - AllDeaf.com

kokonut - curious - were there any hearing professors at gally?? I mean - any professors at gally that do not sign.

rest of ya'all - you got problem with koko? ignore button. use it.

yes, i'm new. been reading a long while. my partner is deaf since birth and i have a substantial hearing loss. would have typed an intro but don't know how. funny i know. i am studying AUSLAN and also a little ASL self taught. as i said, hadn't planned on posting here, just surprised at how consistent you all are re kokonut no matter what he says. to the extent of making controversy when there is none.

You just got to pay more attention, that's all I say. I used to have a neutral state of mind towards anything going on in here.

After seeing the stuff some pout over awhile, it really gets old.

Clearly, I say this as an ex-lurker and reader, you haven't been paying enough attention.
You are blindly taking a side without having fully understood the concept (which usually seems to take active participation) to grasp. Unless this is how you make your decisions, I would advise you to amend your original statements because clearly I do get the feeling that you took the wrong bus somewhere in here while 'lurking'.

I mean is it really that hard to see?

Here's a recent timeline......... It's an ever-going cycle.

Day 1 (before Obama gave speech on BP)
- complaints about him playing golf

Day 2 (Obama gives speech)
- complaints about him not going to do anything

Day 3 (Obama goes to the beach)
- complaints about him picking up a "tarball" of immaculate size with grandiosity, not enough effort

Day 4 More anti-Obama agenda

back to topic

:ty:

mcdavo8 - welcome and you should introduce yourself here at Introduce Yourself - AllDeaf.com

kokonut - curious - were there any hearing professors at gally?? I mean - any professors at gally that do not sign.

rest of ya'all - you got problem with koko? ignore button. use it.

:thumb: agree, I'll stop here. If mister Mc davo eight would like to discuss it further, no more hijacks in this one.

You just got to pay more attention, that's all I say. I used to have a neutral state of mind towards anything going on in here.

Clearly, I say this as an ex-lurker and reader, you haven't been paying enough attention.
You are blindly taking a side without having fully understood the concept (which usually seems to take active participation) to grasp. Unless this is how you make your decisions, I would advise you to amend your original statements because clearly I do get the feeling that you took the wrong bus somewhere in here while 'lurking'.

- complaints about him picking up a "tarball" of immaculate size with grandiosity, not enough effort

I notice this person is learning Auslan. I'm assuming he is from another country. I think it is very hard to read people who is not from your country.

So? Again, you have the option of ignoring it. Why you do you persist on reading them if you don't care for it?

Last edited:
I guess any language that's not English is considered an official language at Gallaudet. :dunno:

There were no professors that did not sign while I was there. There was, however, a specific professor that refused to teach hearing students.

You had an option. You used it.:roll:

Why don't you save your hate for the debate threads. This is supposed to be a helpful forum. Read all the posts before you entered. People who normally argue were getting along and having a constructive conversation. The coyote and the sheep dog had clocked out and were having a friendly conversation. Then you come in and throw the thread off for three pages. AD is not just about AD members. Tons of LDs come in here to "test the water" or to learn how to deal with their deafness. Ever notice how many people are viewing??? We get it....there is a member here that you can't stand. Can you save that hate for the debate threads and allow the info threads to be informative please? You have done a great disservice to anyone who might have been reading to learn about Gally and has now tuned out due to the pettiness they had to read.

Sorry for the rant folks but this was just ridiculous

Back on topic.

I know almost nothing about Gally (that's why I came in here) I had heard it was a non voice campus....is that true?

Back