Gallaudet University's Official Language

What got me disappointed is that I couldn't take a foreign language class there and learn how to speak it and listen to the sound. I had to buy my own tape and practice it that way on my own time in my dorm. Not much of an option they have.

oh. sorry to hear. curious - were there any hearing professors at gally?? I mean - any professors at gally that do not sign.

What got me disappointed was that I couldn't take a foreign language class there and learn how to speak it and listen to the sound. I had to buy my own tape and practice it that way on my own time in my dorm. Not much of an option they have.

You had an option. You used it.:roll:

Wirelessly posted

jillio said:
What got me disappointed was that I couldn't take a foreign language class there and learn how to speak it and listen to the sound. I had to buy my own tape and practice it that way on my own time in my dorm. Not much of an option they have.

You had an option. You used it.:roll:

:laugh2:

That what I was thinking.

I think there are over 100 hearing colleges that offer that. There are hardly any college for the deaf. I attended one of those hearing college so if this what you prefer, it is not hard -- of course with the right accomodations.

I think there are over 100 hearing colleges that offer that. There are hardly any college for the deaf. I attended one of those hearing college so if this what you prefer, it is not hard -- of course with the right accomodations.

He already knew that as he did go to a hearing university as well.

He already knew that as he did go to a hearing university as well.

Yeah...he just like complaining about the Deaf, Gally, and Obama. If Obama had been Deaf and a grad from Gally, koko would think he had died and gone to heaven. Everything he wants to complain about all in one package!:laugh2:

Yeah...he just like complaining about the Deaf, Gally, and Obama. If Obama had been Deaf and a grad from Gally, koko would think he had died and gone to heaven. Everything he wants to complain about all in one package!:laugh2:

If Deaf Obama who was a Gallaudet student loved Breyers ice cream, that would do him in.

*sorry for offtopic but I couldn't resist!*

If Deaf Obama who was a Gallaudet student loved Breyers ice cream, that would do him in.

*sorry for offtopic but I couldn't resist!*

If Deaf Obama who was a Gally grad who loved Breyer's ice cream and thought Gore was an idiot!:laugh2:
Okay, we really gotta stop now!:lol:

Yep. I already attended George Washington University while at Gally, no accomodation was necessary for me, that is for my engineering and math classes there. Highlight was when I traveled to Quebec and spoke with some people up there in French. Pretty cool.

Wirelessly posted

That what I was thinking.

Option as in having a course that included listening and speaking French. They didn't have that, of course. Good thing my French teacher was hearing and took advantage of that.

That's nice. I never needed accomadation for my math class either. I can figure out math problems without listening to a teacher. Math have always been my strength.. but it is matter of not forgetting after all these years of not using it.

Option as in having a course that included listening and speaking French. They didn't have that, of course. Good thing my French teacher was hearing and took advantage of that.

I know what you mean... I wanted to work in a office and take some courses... Some courses require you to put on headphones and type what you hear (as a telephone) but they did not have tty or captioning for deaf people like me.

yes, I need the professors to teach me how to use a tty or something in a office setting.

Ask for an oral interpreter.

:dunno: Can't think of any reasonable sense to assume assistance to something like this. It's like complaining that the braille on walls aren't colored. :dunno:

as a new member who has read around here for ages, i can't help but ask why do so many jump on kokonut so often. i know this is off topic but it seems rather predictable and a form of bullying. i thought everyone here was entitled to an opinion.

as a new member who has read around here for ages, i can't help but ask why do so many jump on kokonut so often. i know this is off topic but it seems rather predictable and a form of bullying. i thought everyone here was entitled to an opinion.

a lurker! you murloc!

Back