What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched big bang theory first season.

Read a book.

Surfed the net.

I have a cold (or BAD allergies) too. :( I might leave work early.

I am pretty lots of search find more template and css :)

I'm currently dealing with a rather touchy situation at work because the head board member who is also a daughter of founder is being incredibly unrealistic and very demanding that's sucking up my time like a greedy leech and I cannot do that since I have other high-priority works to do in order to abide by new federal law (tuition-related) by October so I just convened a brief meeting with my boss and the President to get her off my ass and to tell her to hire a person. I repeatedly told her that I cannot complete her requests in timely manner and that I know for sure that my suggestions are correct. I cannot keep changing it back and forth.

what an unreasonable bitch. lol excuse my vulgar language but she's been ragging on my ass for 2 weeks for incredibly trivial cosmetic-related stuff - "make this logo bigger.... no wait smaller.... make this font bigger.... smaller.... I want green color... no wait I want red..."

I'm sorry but I don't do that shit anymore and I dictate what works and what doesn't work. That's why I did not comply with some of her requests and that's why I'm a paid professional for this job and she's not. If I were some junior programmer or intern.... yes I'd have to kiss her ass and crawl on the floor she walks on but I'm not an intern anymore. If she was my client, I'd dump her right away and tell her to hire somebody else who is desperate for money.

Good Riddance!

I repeatedly told her that I cannot complete her requests in timely manner and that I know for sure that my suggestions are correct. I cannot keep changing it back and forth.

It sounded like she doesn't know anything about your job and tries to cover it with unreasonable demands. I am sorry for you!

Well I renewed my driver license today.

what an unreasonable bitch. lol excuse my vulgar language but she's been ragging on my ass for 2 weeks for incredibly trivial cosmetic-related stuff - "make this logo bigger.... no wait smaller.... make this font bigger.... smaller.... I want green color... no wait I want red..."

I'm sorry but I don't do that shit and I dictate what works and what doesn't work. That's why I did not comply with some of her requests and that's why I'm a paid professional for this job and she's not. If I were some junior programmer or intern.... yes I'd have to kiss her ass and crawl on the floor she walks on but I'm not an intern anymore.

Good Riddance!

I empathize! One of my major clients was exactly like that woman. She was an absolute nightmare. You're right, you don't tell her how to do her job so she has no place telling you how to do yours.

I empathize! One of my major clients was exactly like that woman. She was an absolute nightmare. You're right, you don't tell her how to do her job so she has no place telling you how to do yours.

It's definitely very tricky to handle a difficult person like that especially if that person is your major client and I can't exactly tell her off (even though I did just a little bit... politely, of course). That's why I had a talk with my boss and the President for advice because I'm fed up with this. No more! The President perfectly understood my situation and he will handle it.

I have to stand my ground and make it known that my job is not to do everybody's trivial requests at their convenience because I'm a professional and I get to dictate what works best for all. This is a very common problem for webmasters. I read a couple of great advices by long-time professionals to make yourself more like a "key player" role instead of "technician" role.

Love to read Smashing Magazine

I suspect it pizza bad on health not good I found it flu!

One of the things I did today was take my baby to the pediatrician for her first shot. Right when it happened, she cried like I've never heard before, and I felt so bad for her. It actually hurt me inside right when it happened. But she's OK now and we're all fine and dandy. :)

"This square patch of earth,
lonely in the shade of a tall oak,
as the Fall wind gently blows,
I kneel to brush leaves from the grass,
For here lies my great friend,
Her final resting place.

I didn't bring flowers, I brought memories,
We sat and talked, sitting in the shade,
Her neighbor is an Army Corporal,
Promised he would look after her,
She is new to the afterlife, he said.

I would rather have been at a restaurant,
Laughing over a couple of beers,
Instead I sat, succumbing to tears,
Next time, I thought, I will bring flowers.

I don't know why she was in such a hurry,
I mean, 36, is awfully young to die,
I promised to check in on her mom,
Until next time we said, then parted ways.

This square patch of earth,
The final resting place,
Of my dear friend."

I went to see her today. Still miss you Kim. You would have made that poem rhyme ;)

"This square patch of earth,
lonely in the shade of a tall oak,
as the Fall wind gently blows,
I kneel to brush leaves from the grass,
For here lies my great friend,
Her final resting place.

I didn't bring flowers, I brought memories,
We sat and talked, sitting in the shade,
Her neighbor is an Army Corporal,
Promised he would look after her,
She is new to the afterlife, he said.

I would rather have been at a restaurant,
Laughing over a couple of beers,
Instead I sat, succumbing to tears,
Next time, I thought, I will bring flowers.

I don't know why she was in such a hurry,
I mean, 36, is awfully young to die,
I promised to check in on her mom,
Until next time we said, then parted ways.

This square patch of earth,
The final resting place,
Of my dear friend."

I went to see her today. Still miss you Kim. You would have made that poem rhyme ;)

that is nice story!

One of the things I did today was take my baby to the pediatrician for her first shot. Right when it happened, she cried like I've never heard before, and I felt so bad for her. It actually hurt me inside right when it happened. But she's OK now and we're all fine and dandy. :)

When my kids got shots as babies, I cried! It didn't seem to bother them as much as it did me. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back