What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of cells will your students be looking at??

plant and animal cells. Just basic because they are 3rd graders.

plant and animal cells. Just basic because they are 3rd graders.

Well, if you want to go into greater detail - I've got my college biology book still!! :giggle:

Well, if you want to go into greater detail - I've got my college biology book still!! :giggle:

Well, I did go a lot deeper with them than what the curriculm required because they are a very very bright group. I added 4th grade standards to my lesson to give them that edge. :)

I think college level is kinda scretching it bit. lol

Well, I did go a lot deeper with them than what the curriculm required because they are a very very bright group. I added 4th grade standards to my lesson to give them that edge. :)

I think college level is kinda scretching it bit. lol
Ya think? :lol::P

Ya think? :lol::P

For me it is ...First, I would need to understand it before I even attempt to teach it and my science skills are very poor. :lol:

Today, I went to my first ASL class. Previously I was taking private lessons. I'm in the beginner-intermediate level. The teacher is deaf, in his 20s and really enjoyable. Very positive and humourous guy and I'm glad he's my teacher.

Just one thing: I'm so used to being around only deaf people signing, that I've been spoiled by clarity of expression. It was quite a change to be in a classroom with hearing beginner-intermediate students.

Today, I went to my first ASL class. Previously I was taking private lessons. I'm in the beginner-intermediate level. The teacher is deaf, in his 20s and really enjoyable. Very positive and humourous guy and I'm glad he's my teacher.

Just one thing: I'm so used to being around only deaf people signing, that I've been spoiled by clarity of expression. It was quite a change to be in a classroom with hearing beginner-intermediate students.

My very first ASL class, I had never really been around a signing environment so I had nothing to compare to. LOL!

You're so lucky! it's a bit painful to watch so much fumbling.

I was sooooooo clueless about Deaf culture and ASL at that time. Looking back, I am realizing that even some of my hearing classmates in that class probably knew more about ASL and Deaf culture than I did at that time. It was back in 1995. I wonder where are they now. I had great classmates and a great Deaf teacher.

I was sooooooo clueless about Deaf culture and ASL at that time. Looking back, I am realizing that even some of my hearing classmates in that class probably knew more about ASL and Deaf culture than I did at that time. It was back in 1995. I wonder where are they now. I had great classmates and a great Deaf teacher.

The people in my class are really lovely people and I was touched by some of their reasons for taking ASL. I mean, here on AD, we talk about how nice it would be if family or friends or loved ones take up ASL and most of the students in my class said they wanted to learn because of a friend or a relative. A couple were there because they work with special needs kids.

I am tried on too much work I am very shocked increase fat fast on!

I just watched Dave Letterman show and Joe Namath was on the show. It was darn interestin.... After the show, they hit the street outside to play pass and catch with a football.

My SO is hating his ASL 3 class. The teacher is brand new, he feels he hasn't learned a single new thing yet. :(

Washed my car, inside and out...smelling and looking good...gave my license plate a good "shine"..."Ain't Life a Bitch"....grabbed a burger from the $1 menu at BK....now home waiting on my "Army" to arrive home from school....the day has not ended, it's only 1/2 thru....Lots more to come...

Lots of down time at work, next , off to my next assignment which will be Eng/Spanish interpreting non sign language work :)

I frowned thinking about smiling...

Wirelessly posted (Backberry)

Dixie said:
I frowned thinking about smiling...

If you are upsidown the your frown would be a smile. Right?

I took apart a 5hp briggs and stratton motor. Took gas tank off a mcclane walk behind reel mower and cleaned it then reassembled. Then I had dinner with my wife and grandparents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back