Looking for deaf/hoh friends!

Rylee

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Rylee and I'm 18. I'm an ASL/Interpreting major as a freshman in West Virginia. Being from such a small state, our deaf community is tiny so I don't have the opportunity to learn from many Deaf irl. I would love to be friends with someone who can FaceTime me and help me sign.

Deafness isn't the only thing we would talk about obviously, so here's a few things about myself! My favorite TV Shows are Supernatural, the Vampire Diaries, the Office, Parks and Recreation, Switched at Birth, and Face Off. My hobbies are knitting and makeup. I am hoping to one day be a student at Gallaudet either in the BAI program or the HUG Psychology program to become a clinical psychologist with a specialization in therapy for the deaf/HOH.

If you want to talk, my Twitter is @ryleeishaught, my snapchat is longleggedloser, and my makeup Instagram is @rxhaught. Thanks!

Hi rylee welcome. I'm Kara I'm 25. I been hard of hearing since childhood. It wasn't really bad until I was 16 when I got a really bad middle and inner ear infection that turn in to mastoidist.

Hi! I'm a HoH girl who just went back to college. I'm in my last year in Counseling. I grew up using hearing aids after I lost my hearing at age 6. I used an FM system and an aid who voiced and signed English as needed. I got a BAHA in high school and have been mostly oral since. I'm in ASL though and want to be more involved in the Deaf community and "sign properly". My professor is encouraging me to look at Gallaudet for a masters, so we'll see. Welcome!

Back