Your eyes, How good are they?

I wear contacts. Then glasses at night. I'm nearly blind without them. Anything past 12 inches in front of my face is a blur... :cool:

i wearing glasses since i was 5 yrs old.. my eyes always changing vision percentages every year up and down.. cause of my disease (lupus) blah blah ...

Good thing no more DORK glasses on me.. it college glasses :D .. haha.. I wish i could wearing CONTACT LENS .. but i am not allowed! dang!! ..

TOF

I dont wear glass.

I went for check every year but they keep on saying that my eyes are okay. :dunno:

I have a glasses.... ummm I dont wear it! I am so stubborn since I was 15 years old. My eyes are near-viewed like my dad's. I can only wear it for drive and reading....

Now at work, I required to wear glasses all the time because of computer and talk with peeps... my eyes are confused! :lol:

Fly Free said:
ive been wearing glasses since i was 18 -- was offered to get lasik surgery and i said no way no how! :lol: yes im too chickenshit!

im ok with my glasses -- its become a part of me now -- i use it all the time for both driving and reading

:werd: Except, I would NOT say you were a chickenshit for deciding against the Lasik procedure.

You made a wise decision in my opinion. A lot of people are having the surgery, not realizing that there are risks to it. I would say if you're not bothered by glasses, why put yourself through the pain?

I applaud you for doing what was right for you! :cheers:

EDIT:

Near-Viewed changed to Near-sighted.

eyes are confused changed to my sights are confused.

(I realized I typo wrong when I was in shower... :Oops:)

Oceanbreeze said:
:werd: Except, I would NOT say you were a chickenshit for deciding against the Lasik procedure.

You made a wise decision in my opinion. A lot of people are having the surgery, not realizing that there are risks to it. I would say if you're not bothered by glasses, why put yourself through the pain?

ohh thank u Oceangurl!!!! :cheers: :hug:

I have been wearing glasses since age four. :) I am a high myopic (-9.00 diopters) with a fair amount of astigmatism. I wore eye patches over my left eye because it wasn't even with my right eye (called strambusis, not sure of the spelling) for years until about 9 years old...today, my eyes are now even. LOL I have had a laser eye surgery to lower my eye pressure down almost 2 years ago (they said I have narrow angles, so that's cured now since the surgeries), and I have been taking anti-glaucoma medications since 1999 (I was diagnosed with high eye pressure at age 21, and I still have it -- but there was NO DAMAGE! :)).
The whole world is almost blurry WITHOUT glasses, unless I am only 2 inches from anything. That's when it gets clear....I know, I'm like Mr. Magoo. LOL

Perfect vision here.
:-(
I wish I can wear eyeglasses. I think they are cool-- I think it will give me that sophishicated flare....or an attitude if I want to wear an emo-style eyeglasses. I don't understand why people hate it. I think it is cool. I am jealous of you guys. :lol2: You got more decorations than me! I only decorate my ears (since it's worthless for me to use other than vanity purposes by manipulating the skin and piercing it...)... I will like to decorate my eyes as well! ;-)

RAWK ON!

Rex.jpg

Felice.jpg

I currently wear glasses. I wore contacts for about 5 years, but I needed new ones, so I'm wearing glasses while I wait for my new contacts.

Oceanbreeze said:

:O My boyfriend got lasik last year (Jan 2004) and he says its the best thing he's ever done. After the surgery (was it even that?) I watched it all btw, and he walked out on his own once it was done. Ofc he didnt drive home and there was only irritation and sensitivity to light when it was over. But fast forward a few hours, he was back online, playing computer games. He said the more they healed the better he could see. A week later it was as if he never had the surgery.

So it can be worth it. He had been wearing glasses since 5th or 6th grade, and he hated them. He hated having to clean them, pay for them, etc etc. :) But thats him!

I wear glasses, I've only had them since October 2003. I blame it on working at the bead store :P I didnt have eye problems before that! So that's me. I cant see far away very well while driving, if I dont know the area, I'm likely to miss the exit at the last minute and go OH SHIT THATS IT! :)

(Edit: he tells me its not necessarily the BEST thing he's ever done but it ranks pretty high up there.)

Oceanbreeze said:

I had Lasik with no problems. No pain, no side effects, both eyes fine.

Reba said:
I had Lasik with no problems. No pain, no side effects, both eyes fine.

I'm happy for you. However, some of us don't think wearing glasses is such a big deal. Certainly not when it comes to surgery of that kind. Lasik is still surgery that carries with it risks; however small that risk may be.

I applaud someone who stands up for what they feel is right for them.

I got my first pair of glasses almost 40 years ago and switched to bifocals a few years ago. Like others here, I can't see a foot in front of me clearly without glasses.

I won't buy contacts because I refuse to have to stick something in my eyes just after I wake up so I can see clearly. Heard too many stories and it's easier for me to grab my glasses off the ironing board and go. I just wish clearing the 'fog' from my head was as easy.

I've heard pro and con about Lasik surgery. If something goes wrong, maybe my vision would be even worse. I LOVE reading and don't want to do anything that could keep me from my books. It would be like telling Paul McCartney he couldn't sing anymore. At 44, I'm set in my ways. Some things are easier to deal with than to change.

Eye Care

I must wear glasses when I read a book, newspapers, etc. I can see clearly looking at a calendar on the wall 6 feet away from me and traffic signs far away without glasses. I started taking products that really help better vision. My eyes are getting better, but very slow. I plan to try "Vision Health" from Dr. Whitaker to see if it is any better. His website is at:

http://www.drwhitaker.com/

Dr. Whitaker has 16 items listed at the website. I find it very impressive. If anyone decide to check it out, I would encourage that. Take your time to browse around there. You might find something valuable. Enjoy!
Take care!

I started wearing glasses when i was 8 years old, wasn't comfy with it so i stopped wearing it for a longgg time til I went to college. Wore it for a while then stopped again. I got pregnant and definitely affected my eye sight (blurry) had to wear it for about 7 months and stopped. Now I'm getting older and I can tell my vision has worsen. I keep cringing my eyes to read makes me have a bad headache. I guess I'll have to go back and get another eye exam and start wearing them again.. blah, hate it!

20/20 here. :x When I get very tired my eyes get a little blurry.

My hubby is 20/400 and he's legally blind without glasses. He wears special eye contact lenses for the astigmatism as well. Yes, they do make them! Believe it or not, he gets 20/20 vision. Amazing huh? He can only wear them for 12 hours then put on glasses at night time.

Cheri, you have a gift for starting threads that get much interest!

I don't know how much of that ratio I get, but my vision is -3.75 in one eye and -4.25 in another. My vision is not stable, so I'm not a candidate for that lasik surgery. I wouldn't be ready now even if my vision was stable, though! *shudders* But I have a brother and a friend who raved about the surgery, they don't regret it. I wear glasses myself. Recently I bought two new pairs of spectacles and prescription sunglasses. I'm pleased with them. The sunglasses make me look like a celebrity trying to hide her identity. LOL.

1.jpg

Back