Your dream house?

AHA! I see bartering is live and well!!!!
Yep. Combining barter and DYI is the way to go. :P

MM my dream house would be a "dome" I like the idea of living in a dome house in interesting style. But would love a very BIG BIG Kitichen, 4 to 5 bed rooms, One big master bath and second bath for the kids, nice big living room, den, play room, walk in closet is a must for me, nice dinning room, foyer, big backyard with a nice deck so i can put my grill there and sit there and relax outside in the warm sun, sun room, front swing porch. So, pretty much I like that dream if I can win it! ha

My dream house?? nah My dream SHOP

My dream house is....a very small house with a huge ass shop!!!! So I can put all my toys in the shop.

My scrambler jeep, my 2 atv, IMCA racecar. I don't care about house (let my future wife handle that house) because I'm gonna be in the shop whole the time!

What I will buy for my shop....a car lift, plenty of SNAP ON tools, arc, mig, tig,jig welding, 150 gallon air compression, air compressions tools, plasma cutter, pipe bender, sheetmetal cutter, sheetmetal , grinders, lathe machine, paint booth , metal press drill, car body rollers, cmt machine, engine bore machine, oil drainer, and big ref for my beers. The shop will be about 200x200 with a small office...oh a must have a toilet and sink with plenty hot rod/petersen 4x4 magazine and a cabinet for the toliet papers!! in my shop. So I don't have to waste my time running to the house.

My dream shop should be start building sometime in summertime.

My dream house is....a very small house with a huge ass shop!!!! So I can put all my toys in the shop.

My scrambler jeep, my 2 atv, IMCA racecar. I don't care about house (let my future wife handle that house) because I'm gonna be in the shop whole the time!

What I will buy for my shop....a car lift, plenty of SNAP ON tools, arc, mig, tig,jig welding, 150 gallon air compression, air compressions tools, plasma cutter, pipe bender, sheetmetal cutter, sheetmetal , grinders, lathe machine, paint booth , metal press drill, car body rollers, cmt machine, engine bore machine, oil drainer, and big ref for my beers. The shop will be about 200x200 with a small office...oh a must have a toilet and sink with plenty hot rod/petersen 4x4 magazine and a cabinet for the toliet papers!! in my shop. So I don't have to waste my time running to the house.

My dream shop should be start building sometime in summertime.

Yeah, I hear you!.. That's men s WORLD! :cool:

:afro:

M-

I can't wait to see HGTV dream home. Whoever is the winner best of luck, Starts February 19 at 5pm ET.

who00! ;-)

Am I only one dude who going to have a shop in my backyard?? Come on guys show your pride about your dream shop!!!! I already told you mine..let hear yours!!!!!

Am I only one dude who going to have a shop in my backyard?? Come on guys show your pride about your dream shop!!!! I already told you mine..let hear yours!!!!!

Sorry, bro. I don't have a house. I live with my parents, until I move out into my small apartment in 10 days :cool:

Well, I bought this "Semi" house 8.5 years ago and I spent a fortune upgrading it last year.... to have many features my "dream house" would have, but it is still lacking..

Currently 1800 square feet, all to myself in a nice area, acorss the street from liquor store, a mini plaza with a diner, and 24 hour convenience store... and 500 feet from the lake.

-My living room was one foot too small in each direction for a pool table, so dream house will have a pool table room.
-jacuzzi tub in master bedroom
-covered outdoor pation with a hot tub (I may still do that this year at this house, but I may wait for next house)
-heated outdoor workshop/garage that I can put my wood tools in, and work on projects in the winter time
-car port or garage for van/car
-let's not forget central air (I just added it last summer, a must have!)
-kitchen with LOTS of cupboards to put stuff away
-3 or 4 bedrooms and of course my office (I have 3+1 bedrooms now, and they never get used anyways)
-sky lights for lots of lighting
-tv room, I already have a big tv, almost 5 feet projection - but want to buy a large overhead projection system with the 9 foot powered screen :)

I could go on, but thats the basics

We looked around new houses for 2 yrs. We not like their design the houses yuck!! haha!!We was very picky!!! We went to loan bank few places then approved it. We decided that built a house in 2000 to 2001. We moved a new house in March 21, 2001. My husband designed the floor plan our house. My husband graduated the Architectural University of Oklahoma.

2,742 sq, 2 garage, our master bedroom (jacuzzi tub in master bedroom), one master bedroom, other 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, living, dinning, kitchen, patio.....

My husband gifted me a jacuzzi tub Christmas 2000 for our master bedroom.

We bought a new furniture so we waited and waited almost 3 months. They told us that In March They will bring it our furniture to my house. I can't WAIT!! I am so mad! because too longer grrr!!! We bought new bigggest southwestern shelfs. We will buy new big tv 42 inch or 50 inch soooooonn. My old furniture and old frames everything sold out! We like change different style southwestern living. Next month, We will buy new coffee table and 2 tables for living room.

Last edited:
Ohh A dream house ? Our dream house came true!! yay! We have been looking for almost in 3 yrs! Ya imagine! Because we are VERY picky! lol... We found it.. It will build-up in few weeks ! We will moving in this summer! Cant wait!!

Right now, We have own a house. It's small plus my kids are getting big. They need a space! lol

" I'd love to have one room, that is for Cinema's - like a movie room"
It is called "Media room" VERY NEAT ! ! but cost about $28,000 to up.That is very silly price... Here Texas is very popular have a media room!

We are very lucky because that Wall Homes Co gave us a great deal like free for window blinds, granite!! ya imagine ! plus study room! That is great deal with 50% off! I love that Company called "Wall homes Co."

We are not brag! We are very proud that we have been work really hard that house for our dream! ! ! ! That is our land!

:afro:

M-

Ohh!! You found a land? serious?? Let me know about that... CONGRATS!!!!

Wanna describe your abode? I'm sure it isn't a grass hut....lol

Or a log house :lol:

:giggle:

Actually its a house with cedar shingles, very Northwest style.

To get to my house one crosses the little bridge as the creek is a run-off from Loomis Lake and is filled with river otters, blue herons, variety of ducks. Salmon also swims in the creek. The creek is mixed with salt water and fresh water.

The forest surronds my 3 acre of land with douglas firs, western pine, oak with coastal moss attached to it. There is an opening that reveals the Cove. With the 'big'house'- a duplex with the office, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, living room with 2 fireplaces is the one I live in. I have 2 big picture windows that look into the Cove. In the middle of the Cove are wild azaleas, coastal rhodendrons, lavendar and bamboo.

In the Cove there are 11 beach cottages that we rent out to people that want to vacation at the beach. The 11 beach cottages sit in a semi-circle and each one has a different theme. Cottage #1 is a two bed that is dedicated to Flowers-- hence, "Flower Power." Cottage #2 is a one bedroom with a nice size kitchen and can be rented out as a two bed cottage as it has a hide-a-bed and is affectionately called, "Ruby Montana- Western". Cottage # 3 is a two bed cottage and is dedicated to the Native Americans that lived in this area-- the Chinook Indians--"Native American Cottage". Cottage #4 is also a two bed cottage and has the same lay out as numbers #2, #3, and is deidcated to our furry friends-Cats- hence "the Kitty Cottage."

Then there is an opening and then three cottages #5, #6, #7 , all side by side with a carport in between then except for #6, #7 as it is a shared carport.

#5-- is dedicated to women that first saved this place-- hence the name "The Goddess". Cottage #6 is dedicated to man's best friend--dogs --hence the name, "The Dog House". Cottage #7 is dedicated to the American bald eagles that we see on a daily basis here in the Cove, flying above us--"The Eagles Nest".

Then there is another opening revealing a memorial tree for those that have come here and passed away and people want them to be remembered. It borders the creek with a little trail to a grassy patch area where one can sit and reflect.

Cottage #8 and #9 are one bed cottages with #8 dedicated to birds--hence-"The Birdhouse". #9 is "Angels Among us" as we believe that there are angels among us. Cottage #10 is the only two-bedroom and is "Retro-Hollywood".

Then after one settles in and walks towards the path that is along Cottage #1--they will see another modern cottage--the Annex--"Honeymoon Suite"--off to the side as well as 3 garages for all of our toys, mostly yard tools, and along the path, they will see the flower meadow with an arbor. Also a big green garbage can in a cage as the cage is to prevent the wildlife from entering the garbage can.

The path is protected by heavy forest canopy

After walking 600 footsteps- through the forest and across the sand dunes--one will be kissed by the mist of the Ocean.

Oh yes.....you can bring your dogs here for a visit. :)

Back