house is going to be repainted this summer. (it needs it
bad) Don't any body say anything! I do have some really
neat pics of the cedar strip canoe my hubby built and I
just tried to upload one of them but I've apparently got
too much of something, some kind of jpgs or mega bites
or something and I don't know how to make them small
enough to send. Any body got some suggestions? By the
way Reba its your turn on my game!:fingersx:

Only need to resize it to the appropiate size in photoshop or something related and it shouldn't be a problem :)

Cedar Strip Canoe

This is the canoe my hubby and one of my daughters built
as a winter project. Many hours of fun. I try and get some
pics of the house this weekend.

Attachments

• cedarstripcanoe3.jpg
    cedarstripcanoe3.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 18
Very nice! :P

Oh neat ! ! Can your husband make one for me ? Lol!! just kidding..By the way, What a great job ! ! ;)

:afro:

M-

My dream home would have the following starting with the outside:

3-car garage - use two of the spaces to park vehicles and the 3rd space as an indoor kennel run for the doggies (but have a doggie door available to them leading to the back yard if they want to go outside.)

A large fenced in backyard with nice landscaping. around the outside of the fence.

Then have a large kitchen that open and has a bar that allows you to eat on one side and cook/wash dishes on the other, and a fridge as well as a full size upright freezer.
(oven cookstove etc as well, duh! :D)

Then a spacious open area where the dining/living areas are one big room but it is clearly seperated visually. The focal point of this room would be a nice fireplace. And oh yeah, this room would have cathedral ceilings and have a rustic decor with huge cedar logs, :D The floors would be hardwood with nice area rugs for the living area and dining areas. I want this room to be grandiose looking.

Then I want a hallway leading to the first room which would be a guest bedroom with its own private bathroom.

The second room would be the office where all the buisness is taken care of (like the buisness of surfing alldeaf.com! :D)

The third room would be my DDs bedroom with her own private bathroom as well.

The 4th room would be a game room with a pool table, arcade games, foosball, etc. Just a place to hang out and goof off.

The 5th room at the end of the hall would be the home theatre room complete with a popcorn machine and stadium style seating and a large screen, and a collection of a million DVD titles. :D (Yeah this is going to be an over the top house, :lol:)

Upstairs would be a master bedroom with a HUGE walk-in closet, a bathroom with a jacuzzi, a California King size bed, huge Mission style vanity. And yes a doggie bed fit for a Labrador Retriever or two, :D And oh yeah I want a huge viewing window so I can look out and see the pond just beyond the fenced in backyard and see the wildlife.

Then backdownstairs we head towards the covered deck area that has an outdoor bar and grill and dining area. Then nearby is an inground pool and hot tub. And oh yeah its not forget the plasma TV hanging on the wall, in case you wanna watch the news while you grill some burgers. Past that area you enter the fenced in backyard where there is an outdoor shower to wash the dogs off with before allowing thm entry into the living area. The backyard is half shaded, half open and there is plenty of room to roam. And on the far side of the fenced yard, there is a gate that unlocks and there is a pathway leads down to the pond where there is a dock to fish from as well as a small boat to use if you wish to go out onto the water.

And thats my dream home, haha!

OK in reality I may end up having a small cabin looking home over looking the pond, but the fenced in yard and pond dock are doable! LOL.

We just bought a house..around 2,000 square feet and my hubby is drawing up all kinds of remodeling plans for it to make it our dream house. He wants to do this and that...we have already replaced all the windows (20 of them!) I told my hubby that we need to do it little by little cuz I dont want to break our bank and lose the house. LOL!

For our backyard, I would love to have a beautiful 3 tier deck in our backyard, with a built in fire pit, outdoors kitchen, a fruit/veggie garden, a mini-gym for our son, and a good sized shed.

Kitchen, we would like to open up our kitchen, replace all the cabinets, countertops (granite is a must!), put in an island, and have all the modern appliances (energy efficient ones). I would love to have recessed lighting..

1st floor, would love to make it bigger since the living room is small..we have a bedroom on the 1st floor..maybe open it up so it can connect to our current living room to make it one large living room.

Change the mud room into a sun room with double french doors leading out to the deck

2nd floor..it is fine as it is..maybe change the bathroom fixtures and carpet. I have a large soaking tub..no jacuzzi jets. Maybe will add that later.

The basement is unfinished....oh we have BIG plans for the basement. My hubby wants to make it into an Eagles showroom with a home theatere system, a bar, and a small exercise area. I told him that the basement is his to creat and design. I love football so i am sure I would enjoy it.

The front of the house is fine as it is..just needs some repairs and some new plants and it is all set.

Once all of that is finished, then we have our dream home.

Shel90 and Dixie -- your stuff you just told us might have pushed other member's limit to add these fantastic stuff! :eek3:

JClarke

If you have one or few thousand dollars in your saving bank and work full time Then Why don't you try to bank apply for home loan .. See if you can be buying the cozy cheap house?? Instead Waste Money into the apartment?

Good luck ;)

Shel90 and Dixie -- your stuff you just told us might have pushed other member's limit to add these fantastic stuff! :eek3:

What these ladies have envisioned is not too far fetched IF IF IF, as I have done.....provide your own labor. We have saved literally thousands of dollars doing projects by ourselves and contracting out those few things out of the reach of our capabilities.

Now I have come to think about my house since it is 3 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms along with very small media room but once my son leave the nest and I was thinking what the heck am I gotta do with all that room. So decided to fix this house up and sell it. then move into a smaller house just for me and my pets. That would be good enough for me. :D

What these ladies have envisioned is not too far fetched IF IF IF, as I have done.....provide your own labor. We have saved literally thousands of dollars doing projects by ourselves and contracting out those few things out of the reach of our capabilities.

My husband plans to do most of the labor...wait and see what happens. We are not rich and cant afford to have all that professionally done.

JClarke

If you have one or few thousand dollars in your saving bank and work full time Then Why don't you try to bank apply for home loan .. See if you can be buying the cozy cheap house?? Instead Waste Money into the apartment?

Good luck ;)

-- First thing, your pictures of your homes is not available anymore ;(

-- Second, about the house, bank loan and all, my psotion at work is not permanent yet.

Tousi - Id have to have it professionally done - I know absolutely NADA about construction, LOL so it will be what it is - a dream home that exists only in my dreams, :D But thats OK Im content with what I do have and feel blessed that I do not live in poor conditions like those who are less fortunate.

My husband plans to do most of the labor...wait and see what happens. We are not rich and cant afford to have all that professionally done.

Shel, my husband did many jobs in trade. Look for a proffesional contractor
who might need something you can provide and is willing to trade. The windows in our sunroom, (14 long widow panels) we got in trade from a widow lady who
needed plumbing repairs on her home. She had them in storage for 15 years.
It was great for both of us. It costs contractors so much to do business that we figured out if my hubby charged $35 /hr, after he paid liscense fees, ins and all the other fees he was lucky to make $15 per hour. (The reason he now works for the Federal Park system) No fees and a steady pay check!

who might need something you can provide and is willing to trade. The windows in our sunroom, (14 long widow panels) we got in trade from a widow lady who
It was great for both of us. It costs contractors so much to do business that we figured out if my hubby charged $35 /hr, after he paid liscense fees, ins and all the other fees he was lucky to make $15 per hour. (The reason he now works for the Federal Park system) No fees and a steady pay check!

AHA! I see bartering is live and well!!!!

Log Cabin Kit

This is a log cabin my hubby built for a retired couple.
They couldn't aford to pay more than wages so the deal he worked out was that they would recomend him to build other log cabins for people in exchange for
doing it at our cost. Lost some money on this but a retired couple got their dream home, which we felt good about. BTW this is on the coast and their
breakfast room built over their carport, (on other side) looks out over the bay. This is in Lincoln City.

Attachments

• logcabinkitbuilt.jpg
    logcabinkitbuilt.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 14
We do the same thing.

Tomorrow we'll be getting a Bahama shutter for our garage window. Estimates to have a custom one made were at least $840. Hubby made a trade of services instead. (Many house items and services have a huge discretionary mark up, so you can trade for a lot lower value.)

Back