Would you live in a mobile home?

I'm scared of living in a trailer park, no thanks. Too much crime there. They don't look that nice, either.

Some parks looks very nice. As for the crime, the 2 parks we lived in in Missouri had no crime but the neighborhoods nearby had plenty of it. It all is based on the upkeep of your yard and community and the pride people have as a whole.

I have been in some very upscale neighborhoods where there are mansions, but the crime is so bad, that most people are moving out.

I'm scared of living in a trailer park, no thanks. Too much crime there. They don't look that nice, either.

The parks are different in different parts of the country.....There are some really nasty ones here in TX but I have seen some in FL CA and NM that are really nice. Two Mobile home golf communities in Ruidoso are very nice. There is one in Orlando that I have played golf at that is very nice too. It is gated with a guard post

the law won't let you own that much for a mobile home (at least in my area, they won't). It'll have to be more than just 2 acres. For a house, yes.

I know in the 2 places in Missouri where we lived, it was required that you have 5 acres for a mobile home. If we tried in a city that was right next to where we were at first, the law was 10 acres.

Some parks looks very nice. As for the crime, the 2 parks we lived in in Missouri had no crime but the neighborhoods nearby had plenty of it. It all is based on the upkeep of your yard and community and the pride people have as a whole.

I have been in some very upscale neighborhoods where there are mansions, but the crime is so bad, that most people are moving out.

yeah, I knew...I have heard of rich community with lot of crime even tho it LOOKS nice. Do not get fooled by the looks of the community without researching, you know? I just prefer moble homes with good upkeep and have good vegetation and stuff...not empty with just grass and no trees or bushes.

If I have more than 5 acres of land in country, I will want this kind of mobile home with pool like one shown in picture on their website.

The parks are different in different parts of the country.....There are some really nasty ones here in TX but I have seen some in FL CA and NM that are really nice. Two Mobile home golf communities in Ruidoso are very nice. There is one in Orlando that I have played golf at that is very nice too. It is gated with a guard post

If I were to live in a trailer park in the greater Richmond area, I'd live in the Goochland County one in Richmond even though it's not fancy. I'd never live in the South Richmond one.

I used to live in Charlotte area and I'd have serious reservations about living in the east side trailer park but it's preferable to the South Richmond one. I'd metion other parks but I don't know of any other than the one in East Chartottle.

That sounds like Denver. Not sure what happened there but people are leaving, property is crashing (worse than most places) and crime is going way up. Heard gangs were becoming very active there but I don't know that for a fact.

yeah, I knew...I have heard of rich community with lot of crime even tho it LOOKS nice. Do not get fooled by the looks of the community without researching, you know? I just prefer moble homes with good upkeep and have good vegetation and stuff...not empty with just grass and no trees or bushes.

I can believe it. :P I remember how my next door neighbor and his parents (pretty much his whole family) went to jail for what was the 4th largest second mortage fraud at the time.

Another neighbor about a mile from me went to jail for selling heroin in his pharmacy in downtown Richmond.

I can believe it. :P I remember how my next door neighbor and his parents (pretty much his whole family) went to jail for what was the 4th largest 4th mortage fraud at the time.

Another neighbor about a mile from me went to jail for selling heroin in his pharmacy in downtown Richmond.

Wow..that's crazy!

I wouldn't mind living in a mobile home. I spent my earliest years in one. We moved into an actual house when I was around 2 I think. I've had a number of family members that lived in a mobile home and they are probably cleaner and harder working than some families that owned a house.

As for the Nomadhome, I think it's a concept that could actually take off here in the US in upscale neighborhoods and in communities that are really pushing for the green movement.

That was why my hubby and I decided not to buy a mobile home. We did look at some nice ones.

The ironic thing is house prices have gone down more than 50% in the hardest hit bubble states. They would have been $100,000+ better off by buying a mobile home. Tons and tons of foreclosures in Florida, some of the houses are a third of peak bubble prices today!

At the time, a few of my friends who came from high class families looked at me with disgust when I told them that my hubby and I were looking to buy mobile homes. I didnt give a damn what they thought but wow! The stigma was horrible even though we didnt buy one. :roll:

You should ditch those rich snobs or ask them to buy the house and rent it to you. They will lose a fortune on the house and youll laugh all the way to the bank as rent cost half of a mortgage. My own family thinks mobile homes are for the poor and low class. I explained why it made sense to buy a mobile home. Today you can get a decent house for under $100,000 even in a great location so mobile homes don't make as much sense.

Not bad at all. Too bad those homes don't go up in value.

I don't expect any real estate to go up in value for a decade anyway. A house is a place to live in, not an investment. :roll:

I KNOW! If they did, we would be living in one now. Some of the mobile homes we looked at were sooooo NICE!

Ive been inside quite a few and some of them had interiors that were identical to real houses. My parents were surprised how nice it was inside. One of the mobile homes was ~1200 square feet with a single giant bedroom and 1.5 bathrooms. My parents said that would be a great place except for the stigma. It cost only $25,000 plus like $600/month lot rent. That's ripoff south Florida for ya. I could pay half that in lot rent in north Florida or some other state.

That's a good thing because we'll have shelter over our head...

now finding land can be a problem, There are laws against this. Some laws expect you to own more than certain acres of land if you want a mobile home while laws on owning a house allow you own less acres of land

This is why most people choose the mobile home park route.

Plus when I was considering a mobile home, tiny vacent lots were selling for $150,000 and up. Much cheaper to just pay $600 a month to rent the land in a mobile park. Now those $150,000 lots are down to $50,000 and still rapidly falling in price. The house bubble truly was insane. :roll:

Some of the mobile parks looked no different than a lower middle class neighboorhood. Other parks had mostly single wide trailors with trash everywhere.

I wouldn't mind living in a mobile home. I spent my earliest years in one. We moved into an actual house when I was around 2 I think. I've had a number of family members that lived in a mobile home and they are probably cleaner and harder working than some families that owned a house.

As for the Nomadhome, I think it's a concept that could actually take off here in the US in upscale neighborhoods and in communities that are really pushing for the green movement.

There is such a movement. I've been googleing the small and tiny house movement for the last few days. Here are some link that may be of interest to you. Small Home for one. Tumbleweed homes are also of interest to me though you'd never catch me in a 85 sq ft home. There's something clausephobic about such a home. :P Cabin Fever looks cool to me. There are still others out there but I'll not list them all. Many of them are modular and pre fab.

I don't expect any real estate to go up in value for a decade anyway. A house is a place to live in, not an investment. :roll:

If I were to live in a place for the short term, I'd pick a mobile home but for the long term, I'd pick a house as they're a better investment in the long run. I prefer to take the long view. Warren Buffett has said that houses houses are primary for living in and investments second and one should not put the bulk of their investments in their homes and I agree with him on this one. I'd put the rest of my money in stock and other investments. I do not plan to stay in a home for the short term.

I can believe it. :P I remember how my next door neighbor and his parents (pretty much his whole family) went to jail for what was the 4th largest second mortage fraud at the time.

that pathetic!!

When my parents got married in 1977 and both lives in mobile home for years..

They now my brother using that mobile home because wanted near school in Little Rock,Ar and he told my mom explain about someone bother my brother and his friend and called police but i dont think got arrest!!

im rather not lives mobile home in future!!

Last edited:
There is such a movement. I've been googleing the small and tiny house movement for the last few days. Here are some link that may be of interest to you. Small Home for one. Tumbleweed homes are also of interest to me though you'd never catch me in a 85 sq ft home. There's something clausephobic about such a home. :P Cabin Fever looks cool to me. There are still others out there but I'll not list them all. Many of them are modular and pre fab.

These small homes would be perfect for single people that don't want to rent, in the long run owning a home is cheaper than renting. With renting, the monthly payment never ends, with a house payment, once it's paid off, it's paid off and it's yours. Although I don't recommend house ownership to someone that moves often. Home ownership to me is something you do once you find a place to settle down in and plan to stay there for 30+ years. I've heard of people who moved to a place, stayed there for 30 years, bought a house, then renovated it and made money off the house when it came time to sell, then moved back to their hometowns to retire comfortably.

A house is a place to live yes, but you also have to treat it like an investment if you decide to sell it in the future if your living circumstances change.

If I finish my degree and end up getting a job around here, I may purchase a mobile home to go on the hill where my parent's trailer used to be.

There is a mobile home manufacturer here in Arkansas that can make mobile homes that look like cabins and once they get it set up, if you want a garage, they will send out a crew to build a garage to attach to the mobile home, once all finished it looks more like a small house rather than a mobile home.

Back