Would you live in a mobile home?

Not to mention the stigma of owning a mobile home. People who live in trailer parks and sometimes mobile home owners are called trailer trash.

Not to mention the stigma of owning a mobile home. People who live in trailer parks and sometimes mobile home owners are called trailer trash.

At the time, a few of my friends who came from high class families looked at me with disgust when I told them that my hubby and I were looking to buy mobile homes. I didnt give a damn what they thought but wow! The stigma was horrible even though we didnt buy one. :roll:

No doubt...

A mobile home is nothing compared to a R.V.

It is a roof over my head... I am more appreciative of the property than living in a apt stacked on top of each other. with no place to sit outside in privacy.

Why would you need privacy outside???:P
J/K

I have always been a Condo guy but only because I traveled so much and didn't have time to take care of the landscaping. Now that I don't work I am a house guy

typical ignorant statement...

The mobile home value goes down like a car just like any home does.. it is not the home itself that increases in value. it is the property.

The mobile home value goes down like a car just like any home does.. it is not the home itself that increases in value. it is the property.

Unfortunately, as Shel has said, that's the view many have of such homes. For the record, if I were to own a mobile home, I'd be the first one in my family to own such a home. I grew up in a very upscale neighborhood.

They are ignorant. My husband's grandfather ran a mobile home park, everyone just the same as anyone (I lived in one). I saw no difference than people who rent apartments or even own regular homes.

The difference between a home and a mobile is that you can add value to your home. Everytime a person upgrade his house, the property tax goes up too.

mobile homes can not go up. Now if you built a shed or a porch, it might boost it up some but that's about all you can do.

Unfortunately, as Shel has said, that's the view many have of such homes. For the record, if I were to own a mobile home, I'd be the first one in my family to own such a home. I grew up in a very upscale neighborhood.

They have upscale RVs.......Some can go for as high as 7 figures.

There are luxury mobile home parks all along the west coast....gated golf course communities even.

They also have many in Florida and South Tx. That is why people are saying your comment is ignorant......uninformed

They have upscale RVs.......Some can go for as high as 7 figures.

There are luxury mobile home parks all along the west coast....gated golf course communities even.

They also have many in Florida and South Tx. That is why people are saying your comment is ignorant......uninformed

Yep. I had a neighbor in my old upscale neighborhood who owned an rv and they would go camping in it every year. My brother has one. I don't know if he still uses it now. My sister in law said it was so old that they looked like experts on camping.

Read again. I never said that I thought that anyone living in moblie homes were trailer trash. Only that some people think that. And I did say I'd live in one like that earlier in this thread.

Why would you need privacy outside???:P
J/K

I have always been a Condo guy but only because I traveled so much and didn't have time to take care of the landscaping. Now that I don't work I am a house guy

OH hell!!! It is a hootin time when we all can jest set right outside here and have us a big 'ol bonfire and jest have us some beers ya know??!! Gotta learn to love 'em mobile homes!! 'specially the ones that are planted on some here land!!!!

and not hafta listen to the ol' neighbors 'plaining about the noises!!! When ya live in them little city block cells y'all call Apartments... Ya got 'em dang ol' neighbors fighten over them parkin' spots and all. and em calling the law all the time when ya open up a beer..

Got dang it!!! I love this here ol' tin can I live in on this ol' place I call my own!!!

Dang!! even my dawgs love it here since they can run around with out a leash.

I love their concepts so it is hard for me to choose the one that I like most. :hmm:

Unscaled stereotyping is what I see here!!! But then again you will always have people that think they are better than you.

I grew up in single wide and double wide mobile homes. When were were in Missouri, we lived in a single wide 4 br 2 bath with 5 of us. We had a shingle roof just like a house. We had solid doors like in a house, as well as good drywall. We had good quality insulation and vinyl siding. Our electric was lower in our mobile home during the winter than some friends of our who had the same square footage and kept the thermostat at the same temperature. We lived in the same town and had the same electric company. We did sell it before moving here, but it was at a slight loss because it was in a park and not on private land. I would do it again, just not down here on the coastline with the hurricanes.

The biggest difference we were told between mobile homes and trailers is, if it has a flat metal roof, it is a trailer, if it has a shingle roof, it is a mobile home. Both are transported on wheels, it's just the difference in the build.

My parents live in a nice 1973 double wide mobile home in a senior community. It's actually nice and they even remodeled inside their mobile home and it feels like a real home. They even replaced with a brand new A/C heater combo as well. They bought it for $65,000, paid in full which is a good deal for a mobile home in good shape, has new carpets, etc. That is in expensive regions of California.

My ex hubby owned a triple wide mobile home with his ex girlfriend after the divorce. They had 5 bedrooms and 3 full baths, kitchen with granite countertops, island, and double oven. They had a jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom. He only paid $90K for it. Not bad.

OH hell!!! It is a hootin time when we all can jest set right outside here and have us a big 'ol bonfire and jest have us some beers ya know??!! Gotta learn to love 'em mobile homes!! 'specially the ones that are planted on some here land!!!!

and not hafta listen to the ol' neighbors 'plaining about the noises!!! When ya live in them little city block cells y'all call Apartments... Ya got 'em dang ol' neighbors fighten over them parkin' spots and all. and em calling the law all the time when ya open up a beer..

Got dang it!!! I love this here ol' tin can I live in on this ol' place I call my own!!!

Dang!! even my dawgs love it here since they can run around with out a leash.

Now thats funny

I reckon I have had to 'splain a few times to the law why my ol drawers is hanging off the balcony. an a time or two my late nite washboard playin caused a rukus with the neighbors.

Mite jus hav ta get me a place whers I can get sum peace. Get me some hounds to keep the revenuers away too

Sure, why not?

Move to South and work at GA school for the Deaf, even you can find nice mobile home in near Cave Springs, lol.
67558FRONT.jpg

Back