workout at home or gym club?

i do member for fitness center.. so far yes it helps me alot! i am getting back to my shape which i was used to be.. and they have trainer.. they are expert.. but all different expert.. they gave me what i follow that i do do.. that it i dont have to ask them often lol! yea i have to pay trainer as first then after that i pay for montly member simple not bad price but monthly is great price! just 40 per month! i go there everyday expect weekend.. i am happy with it bec i feel good and my belly is getting gone! yaya! so i will ride horse better than before! ( yup it works! i did!)

I do not work out in gym anymore, but condo complex I live has fitness room that is ok. as far as exercise summer = activity 4 me as it does with most. I play 1-2 rounds of golf/week, play softball 2 nights a week, and swim nearly every day in summer, not to mention taking the neices and nephews to local theme park (Lagoon) and walking around all day, and finally I walk all day/night at the hospital. Winter is docile 4 me. I bowl on a league and ski 3-4 times each winter and I gain 10 pounds every winter and go back to original weight by june

My gym is super cheap: $12.00 a month! And - NO CONTRACTS! Yep! And I love going to the gym. I do carry my Clorox wipes with me and wipe down the equipment before I use it. At first people looked at me funny..but within a week or so, I noticed other people were starting to copy me. Knowing that other people were on the machines with sweat and god-knows-what else ---- I can get sick just thinking about it. I joined the gym because I have two kids and it was impossible to exercise at home or outside while supervising them properly...so this gym has childcare with it. I can drop them off at the childcare (only a few feet from me) and go exercise. Now my kids beg me to go to the gym! My goal has nothing to do with weight. I do want to tone down some - but my goal was to channel my negative energy (I have a very highly stressful job) into something positive. I've lost three (almost four) pant sizes since joining a couple of months ago...but my weight is nearly the same. That's fine with me because I know that I'm building muscles and losing fat. However, I'm still...chubby by my own standards. But that's okay - because I know I'm getting more and more healthy. I hope I can find a good gym like this one when I move in a month.

I had to cancel our membership to the gym cuz it was too expensive. I am in the process of building a small gym in my basement. I found a treadmill and an exercise bike for free on Craigslist.com. They are both in excellent condition and still relatively new. I am still searching for ads givin weights away.

Once all is done, I will start using it. For now, I walk my dog in my neighborhood and since my neighborhood is has several hills, it helps burn off more fat.

However, my exercise schedule is not consistent yet...trying to establish a routine and once that's set, I should be fine. My goal is at least 1 hour a day 5 days a week.

Hey - my fitness trainer showed me how to do a complete body workout session with just a few supplies. Resistant ropes, exercise ball, two dumbballs/weights, and a 5lb muscle ball. That's all I need to do a complete body workout. I'll show you sometime, on the VP, lol!

I do workout at my home since I just started today. I'm thinking about maybe to join in the gym with my mom that she goes four times in a week. Or building our own gym in the basement, see what my parents would say. :)

gym is super cheap - $75 a year......at the university I go to

Hey - my fitness trainer showed me how to do a complete body workout session with just a few supplies. Resistant ropes, exercise ball, two dumbballs/weights, and a 5lb muscle ball. That's all I need to do a complete body workout. I'll show you sometime, on the VP, lol!

Hiring a personal trainer is really worth it. I hired one for 7 months 10 years ago and I still have his notes on his program for me so I still follow it even though I no longer work with h im. Also, I learned a lot about strength training. It was worth the $$.

However, about the resistant ropes, I would like to learn so maybe u can show me on VP. :)

My gym is super cheap: $12.00 a month! And - NO CONTRACTS! Yep! And I love going to the gym. I do carry my Clorox wipes with me and wipe down the equipment before I use it. At first people looked at me funny..but within a week or so, I noticed other people were starting to copy me. Knowing that other people were on the machines with sweat and god-knows-what else ---- I can get sick just thinking about it. I joined the gym because I have two kids and it was impossible to exercise at home or outside while supervising them properly...so this gym has childcare with it. I can drop them off at the childcare (only a few feet from me) and go exercise. Now my kids beg me to go to the gym! My goal has nothing to do with weight. I do want to tone down some - but my goal was to channel my negative energy (I have a very highly stressful job) into something positive. I've lost three (almost four) pant sizes since joining a couple of months ago...but my weight is nearly the same. That's fine with me because I know that I'm building muscles and losing fat. However, I'm still...chubby by my own standards. But that's okay - because I know I'm getting more and more healthy. I hope I can find a good gym like this one when I move in a month.
That's a good idea. :)

I'm membership of health club. It cost me 28 dollars a monthly. I thought it's 19 dollars a month. I can't cancel my account. It have contract for 2 years. My membership will be expire next year in Sept 2009. SUCK! I'm not pleasure with gym club. I wish I have a nice house and have a room for work out at home instead go to health club.

Do you have WII Fit?? I haven't get WII Fit. It's all sold out. :( Do you think WII FIt will help you to work out and lose the weight??

Ideally, I'd like to have the Bowflex at home to build good muscles.

Ideally, I'd like to have the Bowflex at home to build good muscles.

My husband and I want to have BOWFLEX!!!! It's expensive. I don't have any enough room for Bowflex set. We have to wait until we get a nice house.

I definitely want to get WiiFit! Going to the Y is good, it gets us out of the house and sets the tone for the day. I went back after a few weeks off.

In the summer I run and bike. During the school year, I do a lot of lifting at the university gym.

That's one of the big CONs about health clubs... their long-term contracts. :roll:

I would rather join a health club that lets me pay month-by-month whenever I feel like it. For instance, I want to work out for a month... I pay for a month. If I want to work out for another month, I pay for another month. If I forget to pay, they don't let me in. :)

I use Wii to exercise. :D

In fact, I got my both arms sore. Oh poor me!

I workout at home. I do 100 push-ups and I used to do 500 sit-ups at one time on that particular date. I also do two thumb push-ups for 10 counts.

I'm membership of health club. It cost me 28 dollars a monthly. I thought it's 19 dollars a month. I can't cancel my account. It have contract for 2 years. My membership will be expire next year in Sept 2009. SUCK! I'm not pleasure with gym club. I wish I have a nice house and have a room for work out at home instead go to health club.

Do you have WII Fit?? I haven't get WII Fit. It's all sold out. :( Do you think WII FIt will help you to work out and lose the weight??

Near my home, there is a gym name "TheSportTestCenter" cost is $98 a year. It's a one or two year contract. I think it's cheaper than other Gym Club.

Back