Woman set to become 14th to die by execution since 1976

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may even make me aound bad. But i prefer the death of one innocent to the death of many more.

doesnt make you sound bad. we just have a different opinion. all cool

And no there is no way to justify the death of an ainnocent.

if there is no way to justify the murder of an innocent human bieng, then why prefer it?

But if you going for justifying, perfect or unperfect as the system is (because it will never be perfect as much as we strivw for iy) then it is justofied to kill those who are guilty.

But it has murdered innocent. are you suggesting it only murders those who confess?

If at least for the safety of other innocent people.

murdering innocents makes no one saver, murdering the guilty doesn't either.

And why what? Just know im giving my opinion, nit trying to change anyones opinion.

same here.

Because it still justifies the death of those that are guilty. And getting rid of that person who os guilty. Gives safety. Ill just put what i put previous (and yes with this example ot makes me super bias) one of men who murdered my brother was transferred to were my aunt works, he almost killed her to. No punishment fkr thay cuz he is a lifer. And not just those who cofess. Those with much evidence. Whether it be witnesses, DNA, recodings, and well confession can be another one.

and merry go round n' round....

And what do you suggest would "be better?"...

Thank you fo rasking rockin robin
we are not at the end of history. and western civilization cane improve on its current models and systems of justice and retribution. i suggest a better alternative to ritual state murder of the believed guilty with a risk of also murdering the innocent. would be life in prison without parole for the true monsters.

.Our Justice system has come a long way...we aren't back to the Wild, Wild West anymore, where cattle rustlers were hung...or witches burned at the stake.....

it sure has. and it can and will go further. im not aware of any witches being burned at the stake in the wild west. fascinating

And you stated that "many, many crimes, punishment is far too much"....say what?...how about those heinous crimes that only received 10 or 20 years?...That was "too little"!....Especially to the victims and their families of the crime...

most in prison are there for non violent offenses

We as a civilization...have rose to "something better"...and we're rising higher and higher all the time....and making a statement..."you do the crime...you're gonna serve the time"...

is it working?

.Cold Cases are coming back....stronger than ever...and I, for one, am elated about it. So many monsters are walking around and committing even more crimes, but luckily, their days are numbered....and they know it.

ok
There is no way we can bring back those who were executed, and in fact, innocent....DNA is the reason we are seeing less and less of that mistake....

less and less doesn't cu tit when innocent peoples lives are on the line

Because it still justifies the death of those that are guilty. And getting rid of that person who os guilty. Gives safety.

no it doesn't. having said that im asking you about the murder of innocents not the guilty.

Ill just put what i put previous (and yes with this example ot makes me super bias) one of men who murdered my brother was transferred to were my aunt works, he almost killed her to. No punishment fkr thay cuz he is a lifer. And not just those who cofess. Those with much evidence. Whether it be witnesses, DNA, recodings, and well confession can be another one.

sorry about your brother

I think we are going in circles cuz i already said this...dath of innocent is not justified but if it saves more lifes then ok. And at least for me the death of the guilty is ustified, because life in prison is not punished enough for many.

I think we are going in circles cuz i already said this...dath of innocent is not justified but if it saves more lifes then ok. And at least for me the death of the guilty is ustified, because life in prison is not punished enough for many.

I feel you!...

I think we are going in circles cuz i already said this...dath of innocent is not justified but if it saves more lifes then ok.

if killing the innocent saves more lives then ok?

And at least for me the death of the guilty is ustified, because life in prison is not punished enough for many.

fair, i respect your opinion

Again, in my opinion yes. I know there will be those who agree and those who disagree like you. And thats fine.

I do not support the death penalty because it is yet another form of murder. No human being has the right to take the life of another.

if she delusianal and has these six disorders then this is very wrong do this

I do not support the death penalty because it is yet another form of murder. No human being has the right to take the life of another.

What are you doing if victim's families want killer executed?

You will feel differently if your family member gets killed by cold-blooded murderer.

What are you doing if victim's families want killer executed?

You will feel differently if your family member gets killed by cold-blooded murderer.

It doesn't matter who gets killed, a random stranger or a member of my family whether immediate or extended. The killer doesn't deserve the death penalty, simply because no form of murder can be justified. If people want to justify murder of a human being then these people themselves are claiming others can kill them too, especially on the battlefield. Any form of murder is wrong.

It doesn't matter who gets killed, a random stranger or a member of my family whether immediate or extended. The killer doesn't deserve the death penalty, simply because no form of murder can be justified. If people want to justify murder of a human being then these people themselves are claiming others can kill them too, especially on the battlefield. Any form of murder is wrong.

Well, you can't change victim's families decision about death penalty.

I'm sure that you will change your mind if your family member got murdered, so it is very big news for you and it is extremely difficult to cope with loss.

I believe in victim's families about what they want with punishment for killers, especially death penalty.

Well, you can't change victim's families decision about death penalty.

I'm sure that you will change your mind if your family member got murdered, so it is very big news for you and it is extremely difficult to cope with loss.

I believe in victim's families about what they want with punishment for killers, especially death penalty.

Of course, I cannot change people's minds about the death penalty, but for me, my mind will never change on this. It is simply because we human beings do not have the license to kill no matter what. This is what I am convicted in because I know murder is wrong no matter what. There is only one entity that can give and take life. So if a person killed someone close to me, all I would want is for the punishment to properly fit the crime which would be life in prison.

Of course, I cannot change people's minds about the death penalty, but for me, my mind will never change on this. It is simply because we human beings do not have the license to kill no matter what. This is what I am convicted in because I know murder is wrong no matter what. There is only one entity that can give and take life. So if a person killed someone close to me, all I would want is for the punishment to properly fit the crime which would be life in prison.

Well, you'll never change my opinion either....the man who murdered my mother in cold blood while I was sitting in a chair....right in front of my face...then trying to convince the Court that he didn't do it...that I did....and I was a child....He not only took my mother away from me and my 5 siblings that lived with her...she was a single Mother....worked 2-3 jobs to support all of us without any child support or Welfare....he took away my innocence and and my childhood...left us all to fend for ourselves!....

Good riddence to the SOB!...I for one would never opt to put him away...feed him...give him a roof over his head, medical/dental...whatever....

Perhaps you've never seen anyone of ur family being executed by a monster?...Dunno if that would change the way you feel....*probably not*...

but if murder is mentally ill is it right...i sure must be other considerations we dont know about are the psychtrist fighting for a stay....yes i would feel different if it was mine but i would want to be one who say yes or no to death penalty not flawed justice system

flawed justice applying to everywhere not just america

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back