Woman set to become 14th to die by execution since 1976

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, People of Texas has committed another murder, whether it is justifiable or not.

Reading the story...if in fact she did this to that man...then execution is justified, IMO.

Reading the story...if in fact she did this to that man...then execution is justified, IMO.

Do you want have field trip to state prison and watch inmate being executed? :hmm:

I guess everyone has different opinion on this. But as for me i think its good they are executing her for such horrible crime. But where are the other 4 that helped with the murder to?

Do you want have field trip to state prison and watch inmate being executed? :hmm:

Not my cup of tea...then again...there is no way I would want to see someone torturing and killing a disabled man, either....They would be executed before the State could get to them...this crime was horrific!

Same thing when a man murdered my mother in cold blood and my sitting in the chair watching it all.....I was a child, not an adult...if it happened today, this man would not be breathing.

Where do you draw the line?...

Not my cup of tea...then again...there is no way I would want to see someone torturing and killing a disabled man, either....They would be executed before the State could get to them...this crime was horrific!

Same thing when a man murdered my mother in cold blood and my sitting in the chair watching it all.....I was a child, not an adult...if it happened today, this man would not be breathing.

In bold, it was from my imagination and I know you are sense of humor.

As for whole thread, it is really horrible crime and cold-blood killer. :ugh:

Understood your concern. For me, I see completely different. If the murder, or child molesting has committed in front of me right there, then I will use shotgun, end of story (AKA instant justice). BUT if that scumbag was caught later on. I wouldn't want execution on scumbag, just life sentence EVEN if it is with 100% certainty. That way, I have the serenity in my mind that I have not kill wrong guy by chance. Yes, that includes my kids, parents, best friend, etc. Does not matter, execution is still not justifiable.

Understood your concern. For me, I see completely different. If the murder, or child molesting has committed in front of me right there, then I will use shotgun, end of story (AKA instant justice). BUT if that scumbag was caught later on. I wouldn't want execution on scumbag, just life sentence EVEN if it is with 100% certainty. That way, I have the serenity in my mind that I have not kill wrong guy by chance. Yes, that includes my kids, parents, best friend, etc. Does not matter, execution is still not justifiable.

Its not for sake of argument, but why do you say it is not justified?

Once murderer leaves the crime scene, there is no way one can be 100% certain that one is guilty as oppose as justice served on the spot of crime and at that time when crime is being committed. The court has flaws of its own and with these flaws involved, it takes away the justifiable on killing the guilty one.

Its not for sake of argument, but why do you say it is not justified?

Once murderer leaves scene, there is no way one can be 100% certain that one is guilty as oppose as justice served on the spot of crime. The court has flaws of its own and with these flaws involved, it takes away the justifiable on killing the guilty one.

What about DNA?

DNA is not as accurate as you may wish. It only points "Presence", not proving that one commit crime. You see, this kind of inaccuracy happens. For instance you happen to be at a crime scene that you had no clue about, and cops found your DNA there, does it make you guilty? Also, crooks could collect somebody's DNA and plant in crime scene to mask themselves. Had it happened? You can bet your ass on it. The only positive about DNA is that it eliminates innocents, that is all.

When I was serve Jury duty, the prosecutor did mention the reliability of DNA, and encourage not to be too dependent on DNA as sole evidence.

What about DNA?

I vot to admit that there has been mistakes. But i do think it is justice. Again its my opinion. One of the guys who murdered my brother was transferred for some reason to the prision my aunt works in. He almost killed her. Yet, there is no more pu ishment because he has life sentence already. And well i know i am been bias because of ny experience but i would have preferred the two guys had gotten the death penalty. Whcih idk why heck they didnt if there was plenty of evidence. I think that there is cases that it is 100% they are guilty and those should get the death penalty.

So you feel you would be justified for killing someone committing a horrific crime...before your eyes.....but the State would not be justified to execute someone after a lengthy trial and witness, etc.....:hmm:

You would be jailed ....charged with murder....then you would be at the mercy of the Court....We all know our Justice system isn't perfect...but it's all we got...

Right, there are cases where victim accidentally point at wrong person who happen to look similar as other person. So, that mistaken identification is excuse for making wrong verdict? And has this happened in the past? Yes, it did.

Often when victim strikes, they get angry about it, that anger can cloud their memory, judgements and can make bad decision on who to blame.

I would support death penalty ONLY when the judicial system is 100% Accurate, not 99% or less. We have not capture even 99% accuracy yet.

So you feel you would be justified for killing someone committing a horrific crime...before your eyes.....but the State would not be justified to execute someone after a lengthy trial and witness, etc.....:hmm:

You would be jailed ....charged with murder....then you would be at the mercy of the Court....We all know our Justice system isn't perfect...but it's all we got...

The point is, are there chance that we mistaken executed innocent ones, how this is going to justify the death penalty as whole? Once one executed, there is no turn back EVEN after discover that poor innocent was indeed innocent. Basically, when innocent gets executed, the case will be closed forever, how could the REAL guilty ever be caught? They will enjoy their newfound freedom and got away with crime, how do you call them justificable?

It isnt. The death of an innocent is not justified. And no argument will say otherwise. But there is many on death row who are guilty for their crime. And those need to pay too. And i know its a little off topic but life sentence at some point is not a punishment for tye person anymore but a way of life. So then how are they been punished for their crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back