Who has Windows 7?

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have the Windows 7 OS? Which type (Starter, Home Premium, etc.)? Have you had any incompatibility problems? Have you been able to create a Homegroup? How do you like the new OS overall?

I now have an HP PC with Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), and a Samsung netbook with Windows 7 Starter. I had to replace my router and scanner because of incompatibility issues. I can't get my Samsung on the wireless network at home, which is driving me crazy. I've spent many hours with various phone tech supports, a visit to Best Buy with the Geeks, and I've checked out the Windows forums. Still no solution. :(

Overall though, I like the W 7. :)

p.s. To Mods: I looked for other threads on this topic in AD so that I wouldn't make a duplicate but I didn't find any. If there is another similar thread, please merge mine into it.

have Windows 7 running on my main PC

have no issues at all so far.

1. router should work regardless of OS the computer is on
2. scanner - what kind of scanner? brand + model # if you can

That's correct - the router will work anyway, as long a cable or wifi adaptor connects.

From what little I've seen, Windows 7 looks quite similar to the mac os. At least concept- wise, but I could be wrong.

Windows 7 was a huge upgrade from Vista. I was sooo torn between getting a new laptop with Windows 7 or saving a little more money for a MAC because I was tired of the problems with Vista. Windows 7 is amazing and I have not had one issue thus far and its great and is pretty accessible for everything.

As far as things being compatible Im not sure. My printer/scanner and anything else I use with my laptop pair easily..

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit for the desktop, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit for the laptop, and Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise for my server.

All ran fine - no issues whatsoever.

No problem with Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate here.

I did installed clean OS without being add bloatware junk software not include which is best and running smooth.

dg

Are you computer illiterate as I am? Lol, I hope you got a good deal on the computer and didn't blindly buy it from a shop. I did, grrr.

I have Windows 7 Professional which I upgraded on my laptop.

I like it very much and I am glad I never went to Vista but I repaired computer that was running Vista and it was a pain in the butt.

I jumped from XP to Windows 7 and am quite happy with it.

I have W7 64 bits Ultimate. The issue that I had only was to replace my Logitech Orbit webcam with 9000 cuz Logitech refused to provide a driver update for Windows 7.

W7 is friggin' awesome.

Old router like A or B WIFI and it may not work with a new computers like G/N WIFI. Mostly new computers do not have A/B anymore.

I am not sure Rebel got new computer or not.

I want Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate to download into my HP notebook. But I will plan to sell it next year. I will buy Dell laptop which includes Windows 7 Proi or Ultimate soon. I wait to get more info on newer laptops after CES 2010 event in LV on early January.

Canon (CanoScan Lide 20). I downloaded all the latest drivers but it still didn't work. So, I bought a CanoScan Lide 200, and it was simply "plug and play."

My previous router was pretty old anyway. The new one was on sale at the Navy Exchange (no sales tax), and it had the "approved" Windows 7 logo on the box.

Are you computer illiterate as I am? Lol, I hope you got a good deal on the computer and didn't blindly buy it from a shop. I did, grrr.
I did a lot of research first, and watched the ads for price comparisons. I didn't buy a "bundle" because my nice monitor was less than one year old, my printer was fine, and I never use the included mouse (I prefer a comfortable ergonomic mouse). All I needed was the CPU.

Windows 7 was a huge upgrade from Vista. I was sooo torn between getting a new laptop with Windows 7 or saving a little more money for a MAC because I was tired of the problems with Vista. Windows 7 is amazing and I have not had one issue thus far and its great and is pretty accessible for everything.

As far as things being compatible Im not sure. My printer/scanner and anything else I use with my laptop pair easily..
My neighbor had upgraded from XP to Vista last spring, and I saw all the struggles that she had. I'm glad that I waited to go from XP directly to W 7. :)

I have Windows 7 Professional which I upgraded on my laptop.

I like it very much and I am glad I never went to Vista but I repaired computer that was running Vista and it was a pain in the butt.

I jumped from XP to Windows 7 and am quite happy with it.
Me, too. :)

I might upgrade my netbook from 7 Starter to Home Premium later. It means buying more memory, too, so I need to save a few pennies before I do that.

Old router like A or B WIFI and it may not work with a new computers like G/N WIFI. Mostly new computers do not have A/B anymore.

I am not sure Rebel got new computer or not.
Yes, I got a new PC and netbook at almost the same time.

My older router didn't have as much "security" functionality either, so I went ahead and updated to a new one. It wasn't too expensive.

BTW, the name is "Reba" not "Rebel" but I don't mind that one either. :lol:

Back