Who has Windows 7?

Question:

The only real problem I'm still having is getting internet access for my netbook, and joining it the the PC Homegroup. The netbook got internet access OK at Best Buy when I took it in to the Geek there but I can't get it to stay on-line at home. Should I contact tech support again for the router or Samsung for the netbook?

Or who volunteers to come to my house and fix the problem? ;)

Question:

The only real problem I'm still having is getting internet access for my netbook, and joining it the the PC Homegroup. The netbook got internet access OK at Best Buy when I took it in to the Geek there but I can't get it to stay on-line at home. Should I contact tech support again for the router or Samsung for the netbook?

You still be member of Navy?

Question:

I take it that your router has a built in WiFi system

You need to set up a WPA-WPK (Not sure if it is correct) with a strong password and then click the network on the right corner of the system tray which you should be able to connect your wifi to your netbook with a password (I assume that the netbook you have has an wifi chip intergrated)

unless, I am reading incorrectly, more specific details would be nice.

I take it that your router has a built in WiFi system

You need to set up a WPA-WPK (Not sure if it is correct) with a strong password and then click the network on the right corner of the system tray which you should be able to connect your wifi to your netbook with a password (I assume that the netbook you have has an wifi chip intergrated)

unless, I am reading incorrectly, more specific details would be nice.
This is what I have:

D-Link Wireless N 300 Router

I have Windows 7 64 bit on my PC desktop and MacBook Pro (via bootcamp), it works like awesome and more stable than Vista.

Canon (CanoScan Lide 20). I downloaded all the latest drivers but it still didn't work. So, I bought a CanoScan Lide 200, and it was simply "plug and play."

My previous router was pretty old anyway. The new one was on sale at the Navy Exchange (no sales tax), and it had the "approved" Windows 7 logo on the box.

I believe you used wrong driver that it for 32bits only. Here a link for driver 64bit.

The driver 32bit never will work with OS 64bit for hardware.

Canon CanonScan LiDE200 Photo Scanner

Make sure you choose Windows 7 (x64) to download the driver.

Yes, I got a new PC and netbook at almost the same time.

My older router didn't have as much "security" functionality either, so I went ahead and updated to a new one. It wasn't too expensive.

BTW, the name is "Reba" not "Rebel" but I don't mind that one either. :lol:

Sorry, I was confused your name and Canon Rebel.

canon-rebel-xt-1-1.jpg

:o

My laptop is not compatible. Apparently, the gerbil inside my computer cannot run fast enough on his wheel. It's a perfectly good computer, though, so it'll be a while before I upgrade.

Anyone who wants to know if a computer is compatible, google your model number and you should be able to find the info. My computer is Sony and I found the info on the Sony site.

I want Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate to download into my HP notebook. But I will plan to sell it next year. I will buy Dell laptop which includes Windows 7 Proi or Ultimate soon. I wait to get more info on newer laptops after CES 2010 event in LV on early January.

Hey, when did you bought Vista HP notebook ? if you are qualifying get free upgrade Win 7 Disc or about $ 10.00 if you google, My gf have HP PC with Vista and already ordered Upgrade Win 7 for $10.00 and it's still long waiting to receive Win 7 disc or I could download upgrade win 7 iso then burn it with dvd then install it from there and put the serial number from side of pc, that is all to it.

example link at Windows: Windows 7 Upgrade Option

have windows 7 home premium on my home pc and windows 7 starter on my netbook. I have no problem getting my netbook on wireless.

Hey, when did you bought Vista HP notebook ? if you are qualifying get free upgrade Win 7 Disc or about $ 10.00 if you google, My gf have HP PC with Vista and already ordered Upgrade Win 7 for $10.00 and it's still long waiting to receive Win 7 disc or I could download upgrade win 7 iso then burn it with dvd then install it from there and put the serial number from side of pc, that is all to it.

example link at Windows: Windows 7 Upgrade Option

But I had purchased Vista HP notebook last February. I can't get free upgrade Win 7 Disc. I will get package of upgrade Windows 7 Professional when i just purchased Dell Precision XP Pro desktop and have reinstallation Vista business DVD. I won't install Vista. Can upgrade from XP to Windows 7?

But I had purchased Vista HP notebook last February. I can't get free upgrade Win 7 Disc. I will get package of upgrade Windows 7 Professional when i just purchased Dell Precision XP Pro desktop and have reinstallation Vista business DVD. I won't install Vista. Can upgrade from XP to Windows 7?
Upgrading from XP to Window 7 cannot be upgraded but you can do a clean install.

Upgrading from XP to Window 7 cannot be upgraded but you can do a clean install.

Ok I will download free Windows Easy Transfer and can automatically copy my documents, photos, e-mail, settings, and more to new Windows 7 based PC. Transfer them to my Passport external drive.

Should upgrade my reinstallation Vista DVD from XP before installing upgrade Windows 7? Or no needing? :dunno:

Ok I will download free Windows Easy Transfer and can automatically copy my documents, photos, e-mail, settings, and more to new Windows 7 based PC. Transfer them to my Passport external drive.

Should upgrade my reinstallation Vista DVD from XP before installing upgrade Windows 7? Or no needing? :dunno:
No need

Just get all the necessary files to your external files, and do a full clean install of Windows 7 from Windows XP, they can not upgrade at all, only that is to clean install, which is the alternative option

No need

Just get all the necessary files to your external files, and do a full clean install of Windows 7 from Windows XP, they can not upgrade at all, only that is to clean install, which is the alternative option

:ty: I will do clean install.

Back