Who has Windows 7?

:ty: I will do clean install.

Yep, do clean install fresh OS will be trouble-free but make sure you get all drivers downloads from such as chipset drivers, sound, etc...

1. Clean install OS

2. Install update chipset driver like Intel, Nvida, Via etc.

3. Install update video card drivers like Nvidia or ATI

4. Install update DirectX AUG 2009 drivers (you need that drivers or DLL errors)

5. Install update sound drivers like Realtek, etc...

6. Tweak your OS liking, like wallpapers, control panel, etc...

7. Install 3-party apps after.

that is my way method install in order.

Good luck
dg

Last edited:
Can anyone advise me how to get on the internet with my netbook? I've had it for over a month now, and I can't get online with the wireless. It works online with ethernet but not with wireless. A wireless netbook is pretty useless if it has to be connected to a router with an ethernet cable.

I've gone to the troubleshooting sites for Samsung and D-Link and tried all their recommendations but it still doesn't work.

What am I overlooking?

Can anyone advise me how to get on the internet with my netbook? I've had it for over a month now, and I can't get online with the wireless. It works online with ethernet but not with wireless. A wireless netbook is pretty useless if it has to be connected to a router with an ethernet cable.

I've gone to the troubleshooting sites for Samsung and D-Link and tried all their recommendations but it still doesn't work.

What am I overlooking?

A ten-year-old, lol.
Have you called a computer repair shop? They can be very helpful.

What am I overlooking?

Do you have wireless router? What is brand name of it?

Do you have wireless router? What is brand name of it?
Yes, it is a wireless router, D-Link Dir-615, certified for Wi-Fi, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.

A ten-year-old, lol.
Have you called a computer repair shop? They can be very helpful.
I don't think the equipment needs repair. Everything is new. I took the netbook to the Geeks at Best Buy, and they checked it for free. The netbook connected to the internet at Best Buy, so it must be something other than the netbook itself.

If I don't have it figured out by Monday, I'm going to get on the phone with D-Link tech support again. It's a free service. It's just time-consuming, and I have to block out a period of uninterrupted time to do it.

Yes, it is a wireless router, D-Link Dir-615, certified for Wi-Fi, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.

Would your wireless router have password set up? ie WPA/WPA2 Security set up on router with pass key on it.

Where as your netbook, you would need to connect wireless via WPA or WPA2 with the same pass key you had set up on router to get it connected wireless.

Another thing, did your netbook picked up your wireless modem?
if it didn't maybe your wireless Channel and SSID is on disable which makes it harder for your netbook to pick up your wireless modem.

I don't think the equipment needs repair. Everything is new. I took the netbook to the Geeks at Best Buy, and they checked it for free. The netbook connected to the internet at Best Buy, so it must be something other than the netbook itself.

If I don't have it figured out by Monday, I'm going to get on the phone with D-Link tech support again. It's a free service. It's just time-consuming, and I have to block out a period of uninterrupted time to do it.

I hope that your netbook s wifi is working with your router. make sure correct network key.

What am I overlooking?

is there a pimply-faced kid (j/k) around your neighborhood? You could ask him to help with connecting your netbook to wifi. It's usually tricky to work with router when it's fresh out of box.

Would your wireless router have password set up? ie WPA/WPA2 Security set up on router with pass key on it.
Yes, it has a pass key. When the network requests it, I enter it, and it is accepted. The properties on my connection say that I'm connected to my network, and signal strength is excellent but there is "no internet connection" and no Homegroup access.

Where as your netbook, you would need to connect wireless via WPA or WPA2 with the same pass key you had set up on router to get it connected wireless.
Yes, I did that.

Another thing, did your netbook picked up your wireless modem?
if it didn't maybe your wireless Channel and SSID is on disable which makes it harder for your netbook to pick up your wireless modem.
Network search is enabled on the netbook, and the wireless router is on broadcast. Is that what you mean?

is there a pimply-faced kid (j/k) around your neighborhood? You could ask him to help with connecting your netbook to wifi. It's usually tricky to work with router when it's fresh out of box.
Believe it or not, my neighbors usually ask me for computer advice. :lol:

My nephew is visiting from out-of-town this afternoon for a couple hours. I don't want to bother him during his college vacation but if he has a few minutes maybe he can solve the problem. His BS degree was in networking, and he works part-time in the IT department at the college also. I just hate to use his short visit as "work" time.

Yes, it has a pass key. When the network requests it, I enter it, and it is accepted. The properties on my connection say that I'm connected to my network, and signal strength is excellent but there is "no internet connection" and no Homegroup access.

Yes, I did that.

Network search is enabled on the netbook, and the wireless router is on broadcast. Is that what you mean?

Yeah that what I mean.

Hmm I googled around...

I had the exact same issue. I disabled the HomeGroup Provider and Listener on the Windows 7 machine. And then rebooted both the machines (Windows 7 and Vista). It fixed the problem. Both machines were able to connect to the wireless router. HomeGroup Provider/Listener service on the Windows 7 is the culprit.

Source: Windows 7 on wired computer prevents wireless connections to router - windows-7

Believe it or not, my neighbors usually ask me for computer advice. :lol:

My nephew is visiting from out-of-town this afternoon for a couple hours. I don't want to bother him during his college vacation but if he has a few minutes maybe he can solve the problem. His BS degree was in networking, and he works part-time in the IT department at the college also. I just hate to use his short visit as "work" time.

ask him! lol If I were your nephew, I'd come without question!

...... as long as I'm compensated with a hearty meal and a big Bear hug :)

ask him! lol If I were your nephew, I'd come without question!
I hope there's enough time. We want to chat, and we're going to the Festival of Lights tonight, so I don't know...

...... as long as I'm compensated with a hearty meal and a big Bear hug :)
No problem! :P

My nephew checked out my netbook problem yesterday afternoon. He couldn't resolve it either. We decided that it must be something about how the router is set up. I'll have to contact D-Link support. We also took my netbook to my daughter's house and tried the internet connection from her router. It worked fine. So it must be something wrong with my router. My nephew checked all my connections and settings, and said that I had everything correct. We even re-installed everything. So, it looks like I'll be calling D-Link.

My nephew checked out my netbook problem yesterday afternoon. He couldn't resolve it either. We decided that it must be something about how the router is set up. I'll have to contact D-Link support. We also took my netbook to my daughter's house and tried the internet connection from her router. It worked fine. So it must be something wrong with my router. My nephew checked all my connections and settings, and said that I had everything correct. We even re-installed everything. So, it looks like I'll be calling D-Link.

I need to know what s Rev of your router. DIR-615 Rev. B?
You look under your router for what s Rev.

Back