Who has Windows 7?

I have Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. It's awesome! My only issue is that sometimes the Internet is a little more frustrating than it was with Vista. And even that doesn't happen too often.

*Correction* It was a 32-bit. :)

I already installed Windows 7 Professional in my Dell desktop computer. Its pretty good. :cool:

I installed Win7 last month and haven't had any system crashes since the installation. That's pretty impressive, actually.

I also noticed that graphics seem to be drawing much faster and more responsive.

What I don't like about Win7 (well, all the way back to Win95 actually) is virtual folders. Now, it's called "Libraries" and they can potentially confuse users. Libraries do NOT really contain data, they are just "shortcuts" to actual folders and it can be pain in the ass if you copy the virtual folder to a different volume and nothing shows up! And in some cases, it can cause data corruption. For example, recycle bin is really a virtual folder and once you mount volumes, a copy of that virtual folder will be present as well and you will see the same "content" but in reality, that content doesn't really exist on a different volume. It merely opens the recycle folder from the primary volume. Virtual folders can be helpful but extremely wrong for normal user interface though. They should be reserved for advanced users.

Person has problem with WiFi. I wonder does Netbook have switch on/off WiFi. My regular laptop (HP and Toshiba) have switch on/off WiFi.

My other wireless router's brand name was (not sure correct name of brand) Belker. This one drove me crazy - Alive/dead/alive/dead/alive internet. I switched different one Buffalo Wireless Router. It worked well.

Person has problem with WiFi. I wonder does Netbook have switch on/off WiFi. My regular laptop (HP and Toshiba) have switch on/off WiFi.

My other wireless router's brand name was (not sure correct name of brand) Belker. This one drove me crazy - Alive/dead/alive/dead/alive internet. I switched different one Buffalo Wireless Router. It worked well.

Nothing to do with brand. You have to change correct wireless channel and disable auto-scan. Most wireless devices set 16 wireless channel as default that cause problem with other wireless device.

I installed Win7 last month and haven't had any system crashes since the installation. That's pretty impressive, actually.

I also noticed that graphics seem to be drawing much faster and more responsive.

What I don't like about Win7 (well, all the way back to Win95 actually) is virtual folders. Now, it's called "Libraries" and they can potentially confuse users. Libraries do NOT really contain data, they are just "shortcuts" to actual folders and it can be pain in the ass if you copy the virtual folder to a different volume and nothing shows up! And in some cases, it can cause data corruption. For example, recycle bin is really a virtual folder and once you mount volumes, a copy of that virtual folder will be present as well and you will see the same "content" but in reality, that content doesn't really exist on a different volume. It merely opens the recycle folder from the primary volume. Virtual folders can be helpful but extremely wrong for normal user interface though. They should be reserved for advanced users.
yep.... bleh! GIVE BACK MY OLD FOLDER!!!! :mad2:

I think my netbook wireless problem is resolved. Last night, I spent two hours on the phone with tech support (three calls, three techs on at least two continents) at D-Link. After going thru many config settings changes (didn't work), and a firmware download (seems to work), I got online with my netbook. :applause:

I think my netbook wireless problem is resolved. Last night, I spent two hours on the phone with tech support (three calls, three techs on at least two continents) at D-Link. After going thru many config settings changes (didn't work), and a firmware download (seems to work), I got online with my netbook. :applause:

excellent!

vdance_smilie.gif

Finally work it ! I know that should get firmware download into your D-Link.
Upgrade firmware version 1.10 for your D-Link Dir-615?

Finally work it ! I know that should get firmware download into your D-Link.
Upgrade firmware version 1.10 for your D-Link Dir-615?
That's what was weird. According to my D-Link's serial number, it was a plain DIR-615. In that case, the firmware should have been 1.10. But according to the tech, my DIR-615 was Rev. C, which used a different firmware download.

That's what was weird. According to my D-Link's serial number, it was a plain DIR-615. In that case, the firmware should have been 1.10. But according to the tech, my DIR-615 was Rev. C, which used a different firmware download.

Really! Rev. C and B is better than old no version of DIR-615. :)

Samsung N130

Last summer, we did try Dell Mini 10 for two weeks then returned/refund at Best Buy.

Yesterday, we were at CVS store. I picked to read Consumer Reports magazine. So, I was curious to see report about Netbook and Laptop.

They have information size of 10" screen and 11-12" screen. Samsung is top on list for size 10" screen.

Bad news for Dell users - Dell Mini 10 is near last place. I agreed with Consumer Reports Magazine.

Acer's netbook is top list for size of 11" screen (edge over Samsung 10" but they does not have many different brands which made 11" screen)

Laptop or Notebook - Apple, Toshiba and Sony are higher rank.

Windows 7, Ultimate. x64.

D-Link DIR-615, REV. B Firmware v2.24. (Came with v2.25. Had too many issues with it til I dropped to 2.24. Works rock solid since then.)

Anything else? ;x

Back