What were your best and / or worst memories in your high school??

Best Memory; was in my freshman year because I was been with my two best friends for everyday and sleeping over together, and having a first boyfriend.

Worst memory; was in my senior year, horrible year. Depression, fights and everything was so bad. But glad that I graudated which almost can't graduate due by my trouble.

Worst memory: the day it got so bad that I actually dropped out of high school.

Best memory: the day I got accepted at a deaf school and my life started again.

I don't have any best or even good memories from high school, but my worst memory from high school was being taunted/teased/picked on for being bisexual. :( I was so glad when I left WSD.

Best memory: graduation --- It was the best feeling in the world to get my diploma and get the HELL out of there!

Worst memory: Being forced to participate in "Handicapped Awareness Week" In my school, it was a concept that was conceived with the best of intentions, but poorly executed. I thought I could utilize my time alot better than making presentations to my classes about what my life was like. In MY experience, it made people pity me, and I HATED that!

Best memory: graduation --- It was the best feeling in the world to get my diploma and get the HELL out of there!

Worst memory: Being forced to participate in "Handicapped Awareness Week" In my school, it was a concept that was conceived with the best of intentions, but poorly executed. I thought I could utilize my time alot better than making presentations to my classes about what my life was like. In MY experience, it made people pity me, and I HATED that!

My school had that too (not in high school) but in middle school...my special ed teacher wanted me to participate and I was like :madfawk: to her. I told my mom that I would NOT show up to school if they force me to participate. I was so humilated when my classmates asked me why I didnt participate since i was handicapped and different.

My school had that too (not in high school) but in middle school...my special ed teacher wanted me to participate and I was like :madfawk: to her. I told my mom that I would NOT show up to school if they force me to participate. I was so humilated when my classmates asked me why I didnt participate since i was handicapped and different.

I hear you. I recognize that I have a disablity. I have no problem with that. I had a problem with how my peers perceived me. I was mainstreamed, so all my classes were with the majority. I didn't want to open myself up to the masses; nor did *I* think it necessary. It was a nightmare for me. Unfortunately, it was also mandatory. It was incorporated apart of my gym class, so if I took the class, I HAD to participate in Handicap Awareness Week. Gym was required in my first year of HS. After that, it wasn't. Needless to say, after I fulfilled my requirement for graduation, I was out of there!

My best memory from high school was on my senior cruise. That night was so fun for me! It also represented the end of a 12 year long part of my life I thought I would never miss (though I'd gladly take it back now .. the way of life, I mean, I wouldn't go back at 30 years old with a bunch of 12-16 year olds!!) I donno what exactly was so fun about it, but it was just an atmosphere of fun =D I fell asleep on the main deck of a ship playing massively loud dance music (hmmm, I wonder if that contributed to my hearing lost at all), and woke in time to watch the sunrise, and it was the best sunrise I ever saw up to that date. It was awesome to see the sunrise from the deck of a cruise ship in motion =D

My worst memory? Hmmm, when I started high school, that was when things really started to turn around for me. I was always picked on and teased and beat up, but around the beginning of my first year of high school, I took control and turned that around. I threw the school bully into a creek ... wait, I'm supposed to be telling about the worst memory, hmmm... Okay, on a field trip, we were sleeping four students per hotel room, and one morning, I woke to this kid trying to get into the bathroom while it was occupied by another kid taking a shower. Jeez, I hope nobody's emetophobic in here... anyway, he got a garbage can and sat on the edge of the bed facing me ... omg, it was so sick! At least he got it all in the can :barf: I put the covers over my head and pretended I was elsewhere.

My worst memory was during my freshman year, I was picked on teased on and narley the entire football team thought I was a sex toy and they would often sit next to me in class in grope me in places that was inappropriate. Because of this sexual assault and harassment that was ongoing, and no one to talk to and no friends, I became severely depressed. I attempted 3 times in one year. I also developed an ED believing that if I were a thin nothing that they would no longer notice me and that I was being somehow punished for being fat (I was fat - 5'4" and 178) I dwindled down to 105 in nine months. I didnt know how to eat right, and not eating at all was just easier. At this point in my life had absolutely NO control. My parents were forcing me to wear HAs when I didnt feel comfortable to wear them, plus forcing me to get braces. Between the sexual harassment, and my parents controlling my body, I felt that the ONLY control I had was food. It became pathological. I remember laying in bed at night thinking - I've gone 1 day without eating, why not two? It got down to where I was running 6 miles a day and not eating for up to 2 weeks at a time. When I got down to 105 my best friend (who was 24 at the time) called my parents and thats when I had to let it all out. It was hard and I remember having to tell my story again and again to a CPS social worker, I think thats whats likely left the most damage, having to rehash over the bad memories again and again. I would have been better off to shove it all into the back of my mind and move on. Ever since then I've never really had a 100% trust in men, and Ive never been able to date and feel comfortable about it. And oddly - due to the horrible experiences I've had with men, including an abusive ex-husband, I find myself more interested in the females. Maybe because with the females its not all about sex and the females tend to be more respectful. Ever since Ive always had a closer connection with women than I have with men by far.

My best memory of high school - getting the fuck out of there! I hated every minute of it.

best high school year: Girl's Basketball championship 1983 and Graduation Day
Worst high school year: Got suspended from school for 3 days.

I got suspended for a week my senior year when I told the Superintendent to kiss my ass. :rofl:

No best memory because most of high school was pretty good for me! I even rearranged my schedule so I was able to get out of school by 1230pm with permission from my stepdad to head out to the farm everyday without a PE requirement. The fun stuff during and outside school and the people we grew up with! I still keep in touch with people from back then.

Worst memory--three teachers who took a dislike to me, and acted accordingly. One of them was actually jealous of my happiness riding my horse and actually told me if I wasn't riding so much, my Chemistry grade would have been so much better!

My best memory was creative writing and my pre college english lit classes. I loved to read and write.

My worst memory was in 9th grade when I sat down and this guy greg said to the class from behind me that my favorite band was deaf leopard and everyone laughed. That sucked because I didn't know what he said until after class and someone told me. I think that started my whole love of reading and writing.

Best memory in HS was me changing my PE clothes front of my principal, it was a pretty woman. I told her that it was harmless until she saw my weiner and I got a ticket for "public disturbance"

Worst memory of HS is my PE teacher starts touching me, it was an old man! I yelled at him front of the class, "ONLY THE INTERPRETER CAN TOUCH ME." Then I pushed him and went home.

Best memory in HS was me changing my PE clothes front of my principal, it was a pretty woman. I told her that it was harmless until she saw my weiner and I got a ticket for "public disturbance"

Worst memory of HS is my PE teacher starts touching me, it was an old man! I yelled at him front of the class, "ONLY THE INTERPRETER CAN TOUCH ME." Then I pushed him and went home.

You try waaaaaaaay too hard, man. Stop now before you eternally give out the impression that youre a full-blown retard.

Back