What do you have that is running for past two decades?

Well - I also have a baby doll from when my mother was 5 years old. She is now 70. This doll still has a working voice box that "cries" Mama. Her eyes move due to a weight and her head does come off for packing when we move. Her head and chest is porcelain biscuitware and her arms and legs are rubber. Body is fabric with stuffing and wire. Mom was always told to rub milk into the rubber to keep it soft and to keep it from drying out. Well, 65 years later the rubber is still soft, but has turned brown. The dress in the picture is one I made when I was 9. We still have her original dress, slip and bloomers.

Sally.jpg

I had a television that worked for 20 years before it finally died on me. It was from 1989 (right before they started making TVs with CC included) and it died on me in 2009. :)

My 26 years old vacuum cleaner is still working (no problems since then. *Knock on wood!*) but I only have 2 bags left, which is difficult to find around here. I guess I will have to call the Hoover co., to see if they still carry these. I pray they still have them. If not and then, I probably will buy a new vacuum cleaner.

I had my mom vacuum cleaner ,it had to been 30 years old and it stopped working. I brought a new one a few years ago and the damn thing lasted only about a year!

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Captivate (i897))

My ex-friend has a stand up freezer, like a refrigator from 1950s that is still running!

Things were made to last in the 50's! People took pride in what they made! Today is all about making things that will fall apart so we'll have to buy a new one a year later. No wonder our landfills are filling up so fast, we're throwing things faster than you can made it!

Things were made to last in the 50's! People took pride in what they made! Today is all about making things that will fall apart so we'll have to buy a new one a year later. No wonder our landfills are filling up so fast, we're throwing things faster than you can made it!

Very true that 50's were made last before modern's day is really bad that filling up the landfills - I know why today's stuffs are falling apart because the companies wants you continue to buy their products over and over again to gain profits from it.... That's dirty business doing that!!! They don't care about their pride now days anymore..... What a shame!!!!

MIL has her chest freezer in the basement still running. They bought it around 1965. I think some of the frozen food in it is original, too. :lol:

My hair dryer still lasts even after 20 years.. my sister bought me the most expensive one as I was always in the habit of burning out the hair dryer. To this day it still is good, just has a lot of dents on it.

My hair dryer still lasts even after 20 years.. my sister bought me the most expensive one as I was always in the habit of burning out the hair dryer. To this day it still is good, just has a lot of dents on it.

Oh, thought you would bring that beige vibrator up...

Two 1930's F-20 tractors, a 1970's lo-boy tractor, a 1965 John Deere lawn mower, a 1951 Ford Custom Deluxe Car, and a bunch of WWI and II rifles that still shoot really well.

Two 1930's F-20 tractors, a 1970's lo-boy tractor, a 1965 John Deere lawn mower, a 1951 Ford Custom Deluxe Car, and a bunch of WWI and II rifles that still shoot really well.

Wow that is a nice collection of antiques you have there!

made a mistake - can't edit it right so I got rid of it.

...and forgot to mention, my family oven has been working for the last 21 years.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Captivate (i897))

My ex-friend has a stand up freezer, like a refrigator from 1950s that is still running!

Wow! That is a well-built refrigerator and your ex-friend took good care of it. I bet it is using up more power than today's refrigerators.

Very true that 50's were made last before modern's day is really bad that filling up the landfills - I know why today's stuffs are falling apart because the companies wants you continue to buy their products over and over again to gain profits from it.... That's dirty business doing that!!! They don't care about their pride now days anymore..... What a shame!!!!

Exactly! My mother has a knife/vegetable peeler that still peel vegetable. I think it is over 45 years. Nowadays a vegetable peeler became dull after a year or so.

I had a stove that was over 30 year old , it came with my condo. I brought a new stove about 4 years and boy I am really sorry I got rid of my old stove! It take longer to cook food in my new stove! I hate the way things are made today ,it is pure junk! Refrigerators are made out of plastic today! The shelves on the doors break real easy as they all plastic. You have to spend twice as much to get anything fairly decent today!

Oh brother! I am sorry about that!

I was told that a flat stove surface does not work with heavy iron pans. I still use my electric coiled stove that works fine with my iron pans. I am afraid of a gas stove that might explosive the house.

After I wrote my post about my old working washing machine, well it stopped working last week. What a bummer! I will need to buy a LG Top-Loader washing machine soon. I was told that Maytag have too many problems. Some reports complaint about mildew/smell bad from their Front-Loader machine.

1974 Ford F350 dually with 460 motor.

It is so old the VIN number is only 11 digits and not 17.

Back