What do you have that is running for past two decades?

My 26 years old vacuum cleaner is still working (no problems since then. *Knock on wood!*) but I only have 2 bags left, which is difficult to find around here. I guess I will have to call the Hoover co., to see if they still carry these. I pray they still have them. If not and then, I probably will buy a new vacuum cleaner.

My teddy bear, which I'm saving for the future kiddies. (I'm only 25 and have moved a lot)

That's unheard of from a 25 y/o male.

It part of the reason why I've given up on marriage, no man that is my age around here is ready to settle with a kid. If you keep that attitude you'll find you a good wife someday.

eh...my Dad wasn't really around...having at least something of yours to give to your kid might be a good idea. :dunno:...I'm thinking "Con Air" in a weird way.
Yeah, for a 25 year old I'm not ready to have a kid, but who knows, someone comes into life again claiming a paternity test and this and that, I'd rather be a wee bit prepared. 35. Maybe? I date, but I don't look to "settle" y'know?

eh...my Dad wasn't really around...having at least something of yours to give to your kid might be a good idea. :dunno:...I'm thinking "Con Air" in a weird way.
Yeah, for a 25 year old I'm not ready to have a kid, but who knows, someone comes into life again claiming a paternity test and this and that, I'd rather be a wee bit prepared. 35. Maybe? I date, but I don't look to "settle" y'know?

Most 25 year olds aren't ready to settle down, both men and women. But the women are looking to marry and are thinking about motherhood if they aren't a mom yet. The men just want to party hardy all night until they turn 30, then they want to settle.

I'm 27, single with a kid. I don't have a lot to choose from as far as potential suitors, but at the same time I don't have a lot to offer in the first place.

I've given up on the males of our species. I had lesbian tendencies anyways, but the fact that my bad marriage and divorce just forced me to examine myself. After a number of years, I just finally came out, not all at once though and I am still not completely out.

Most 25 year olds aren't ready to settle down, both men and women. But the women are looking to marry and are thinking about motherhood if they aren't a mom yet. The men just want to party hardy all night until they turn 30, then they want to settle.

I'm 27, single with a kid. I don't have a lot to choose from as far as potential suitors, but at the same time I don't have a lot to offer in the first place.

I've given up on the males of our species. I had lesbian tendencies anyways, but the fact that my bad marriage and divorce just forced me to examine myself. After a number of years, I just finally came out, not all at once though and I am still not completely out.

Jeez. Yeah. That's almost like the way it's around here. I see most of the classmates from high school still hanging out at the local bars during the week and I just sort of amazed...like...do you guys have jobs? I dunno. I mean, being mostly deaf doesn't help me hear that well in those situations so that's why I avoid them during the week and it's not really a good idea to be hanging out that late if there's work the next day. I was really shut-in during college and let loose (after I got a job) a bit, but I grew up after awhile.

These days, I just relax after work with some movies/video games, make a decent dinner and hope I can buy my house within 5 years. And date on the weekends and not play soccer lol

Jeez. Yeah. That's almost like the way it's around here. I see most of the classmates from high school still hanging out at the local bars during the week and I just sort of amazed...like...do you guys have jobs? I dunno. I mean, being mostly deaf doesn't help me hear that well in those situations so that's why I avoid them during the week and it's not really a good idea to be hanging out that late if there's work the next day. I was really shut-in during college and let loose (after I got a job) a bit, but I grew up after awhile.

These days, I just relax after work with some movies/video games, make a decent dinner and hope I can buy my house within 5 years. And date on the weekends and not play soccer lol

I'm the same way. When I'm working I just like to come home and relax, but then again I've always worked blue-collar jobs. Subbing is the closest I've gotten to a blue-collar type job. When you are blue-collar, your job is usually mind-numbing, physically demanding, and often when you get off, you just want to sit on the couch and do nothing for the rest of the night. By Friday you are so ragged out, you don't do much on Friday nights. Saturday is spent catching up on housework. You might or might not go out Saturday depending on your paycheck and bills, and Sunday you just loaf around until time to go to bed.

Right now I'm underemployed, single, with a kid, and living at home. I'm not really high anyone's preference list for a potential mate and I understand why. I just work then come home. That's it. I'm boring, there's not a lot to say. I was a shut in during school, and I still am. I just don't have a lot of friends. Hopefully my life situation will eventually turn around and I can find something good such as finally getting to move out and know I am going to make it.

My teddy bear, which I'm saving for the future kiddies. (I'm only 25 and have moved a lot)
That reminds me, I still have a grey teddy bear from when I was born, still have it 23 years later.

I don't have anything that is still running after 20 years or so. Probably did in the past, tho.

Microwave is 29 years old. Ref is just turned 30. My childhood tv, I got it when I was 16 so that made it 35 years old ( my grandson loves my tv because it has knob for him to turn high and low volume and pull on and push back to off) only thing we still have here is to use knob. Well I have tons of antiques around here especially tools my hubby bought them when we were in early 20's. How about old picture frames, tons of them. Oh yes sewing machine I bought it when I was 21 and it still is running good. I am sure there is more but I have to jump in shower and get ready to go to work. Have a wonderful day.

That reminds me, I still have a grey teddy bear from when I was born, still have it 23 years later.

On that same note, I still have stuffed monkey my paternal grandfather gave me when I was 18 months old. I still have it to this day, though he's starting to lose some of his fur. :( His name is 'George' and he's going on 27 years strong.

Heck, my body is still working. I consider that to be a major achievement.:giggle:

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Captivate (i897))

My ex-friend has a stand up freezer, like a refrigator from 1950s that is still running!

I guess todays stuff are less reliable than they used to be, oh well. Thanks to made in china stuff with low quality materiala.

My parents have mostly the same appliances as when they built the house back in either '88 or '89. Stove, fridge, microwave, dryer, toilet, shower, bath. The first four are all Kenmore appliances... definitely built to last.

I guess todays stuff are less reliable than they used to be, oh well. Thanks to made in china stuff with low quality materiala.

Yes i agree with you Sequoias.... Back old days all the stuffs were made in America and still up running to this day than things made by china that have short life span. Sadly!!!

Back