What do you have that is running for past two decades?

WhiteWolves64

Reaction score
Mine is the purple clock made by Conair that is still running and tells the time for 24 years now... It has been hell and back for many years thoroughly! :lol: Back in 1986, we bought a bath set that came with clock, hair dryer, brush, curling iron made by Conair that time. The only surviving item is the clock itself.... Kept going and going just like Energizer bunny..... :giggle: The face of the clock came off but we memorized which button to press for the hour and minutes. :D

ConairClock.jpg

Show yours here to brag about it! :giggle:

2dhtoiv.jpg
I have a red Westclox electric wall clock from the 1940's running in my back room.

Our microwave is from 1980 something. It is one my paternal grandmother had before she passed away of breast cancer in 1989.

My mom has a lot of old cast iron skillets from way way back when she was a kid, so I guess those have still been 'running' all this time. :D

My mother has an old TV which ran for 25 years, until it gave in last week.

I rought my daughter a Brother word processor when she was in high school .She used it in college and now her daughter play with ! She had it almost 20 years and it still work! And she let her friends use it too, it was the best investment I made for $50!

We still have the Easy Bake Oven from my childhood that still works.

Also, my hubby is using a Norelco electric shaver that I bought my father as a Christmas present. New blades every 5 years, but still running for 37 years.

I still have the microwave that I bought with my ex hubby when we first moved out of our parents' homes in 1993. My 2nd hubby and I use it here at our home and it works great. It is almost 20 years! Wow!

MIL still is using the microwave my hubby had before we married in 1993.

We have an old working washing machine for a little over 20 years, and it is not energy star. Most modern applications are always breakdown which are obvious that they are made in China and some other countries. My sister bought a new washing machine last summer which was $1,000, and it was broken.

MIL's cooktop stove is 25 years old. Her washing machine is 22 years old. Her vacuum cleaner is 30 years old, and still runs, but I don't use it. Too heavy. It is a Kirby.

We have an old working washing machine for a little over 20 years, and it is not energy star. Most modern applications are always breakdown which are obvious that they are made in China and some other countries. My sister bought a new washing machine last summer which was $1,000, and it was broken.

I had a stove that was over 30 year old , it came with my condo. I brought a new stove about 4 years and boy I am really sorry I got rid of my old stove! It take longer to cook food in my new stove! I hate the way things are made today ,it is pure junk! Refrigerators are made out of plastic today! The shelves on the doors break real easy as they all plastic. You have to spend twice as much to get anything fairly decent today!

Well, does an Ex count if he is still running?? (jk)

Oven is close to 30 yrs old, dishwasher over 20 yrs old, I have 3 wind up clocks over 100 yrs old, still keep good time. Oh, and not to forget the corning ware coffee pot, at least 30 + years old. The furnace is over 35 yrs old....Gee, I gotta get some newer stuff....

Oven is close to 30 yrs old, dishwasher over 20 yrs old, I have 3 wind up clocks over 100 yrs old, still keep good time. Oh, and not to forget the corning ware coffee pot, at least 30 + years old. The furnace is over 35 yrs old....Gee, I gotta get some newer stuff....

As long your stuff is not fire hazard ,I would keep them , the stuff today it junk! And the stores try to get you to buy an extended warranty which will run out before the item break down!

I think that should be an ode to the quality of things that were made 20+ years ago. Now everything is mass produced with low quality workmanship. I bought a DVD player last year, it was a magnavox. One year later it went kaput on me. Now I have a Vizio DVD/Blu-ray player. I hope this does not kaput out on me in a year.

I agree that things were made to last from long ago. It would be nice though if my major appliances and furnace were more energy efficient. We are very thrifty though. Ha - as evidenced by my old stuff. lol

Back