What do you have that is running for past two decades?

There's a TV that my mom and dad bought 22 yrs ago and still works!! It's in their room :]

That reminds me, I still have a grey teddy bear from when I was born, still have it 23 years later.

Aaww cuute :] I have one too but it's kind of a weird teddy...my mom likes clowns ( I find them creepy but they are all around the house :/ ) so it's a clown teddy and has a hard plastic belt around it and a bell inside that makes noises if you shake him. It's in the closet, hehe. I just have it for the sake of memories.

I have a lot of "old" stuff but not much mechanical or electric antiques, so they aren't "running." I have my dad's engineering typewriter from the 1940's, my ViewMaster from the 1950's, my slide rule from high school (1969), grandma's stereopticon and slides from the late 1860's, and a Falcon miniature camera, c. 1950.

We found an old Christmas ornament from my mother's family that is a lightbulb. Son tried to see if it worked as a light bulb and it worked! This thing is at least 50-60 years old.

Even though I don't own those items as I rent an apartment, there is a stove that looks to be at least from the 70s or early 80s. And as for the refrigerator, probably the middle to late 80s. I don't really know. I do have a modern microwave but it doesn't work very well. I have to complain to the landlord about this because the microwave doesn't belong to me. The central heating and AC is probably at least 20 or 30 years old. At least the temperature on the wall is, but I don't know about the AC/Heating unit in the ceiling itself nor the machine that is outside my apartment connected to the AC/Heating unit. The machine outside is modern or at least looks modern but it sucks cause my electric bills averages about $80 a month. I wish I had just a AC box it'd cost LESS!

I have a lot of things that are not brand new but they aren't antiques at all. Most are no more than 15 years or less. I have three TVs, two came with CC so they must be from the 90s, the other TV doesn't, unless I use the CC box or the converter box to add CC to the third tv. The newest item in my apartment is probably my computer, LOL.

Wow! That is a well-built refrigerator and your ex-friend took good care of it. I bet it is using up more power than today's refrigerators.

Yep, it does use lot of energy. He lives in a low income apt with free electricity so he has nothing to worry, smh.

Back