What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I ... woke up at 6:55 am without the aid of my alarm, which is both surprising and unsurprising (since I spent all week waking up early because of my dog). I laid in bed for a while, then got up to do my daily routine. Went to pick up a new coffee table for the living room - our old one was falling apart and in terrible shape thanks to some strategic chewing by the dog! After that, I made a grocery store run. Came home, wasted about 2 hours screwing around on the internet, looking at food blogs for ideas of what to try in the kitchen in the future. Had a delicious dinner. Finally, here I am, just now starting my homework that's due tomorrow! Typical of a procrastinator like me :P

I went to work, put gas in my car ($4.13), took a nap, worked out, and here on AD. I will clean up after :)

Well, my day... 7 AM I tend to check everything with firewall logs, tape backup logs and security logs. Then have meeting with Deltek CostPoint about improving the application, then one guy brought in monster Dell XPS 710 that died and he want some information off of his hard drive. Contact Dell since it's under warranty. Then have meeting about CCISP (Controlled Cryptographic Items Serialization Program). Fill in 3 new hire employees to our systems, review the new employees security, then get on AD to see what's up. Then do some workout in the gym (yes we have gym in our office). Then another meeting finalizing DNS naming system for other company we just acquired. Nap. Finally at 4 PM, end of my day work.

i was sick the whole day.. so i spent my day in bed.. I wish I had been more productive.

I hope you are feeling better now violet. Today I worked, texted a friend of mine about the Schedule A with USDA-FSIS. She will ask Doc in the morning and will look around on E-Authenticate to see what all exactly I need to do to get it approved for when I submit it. I can't access E-Authenticate because you have to be a federal employee to use it.

My husband and I accompanied my stepmother to the DMV so she could have her driving ability tested.

Apparently she made some enemy who tried to get her license taken away because she is old.

The tester came back with her and said she drives well and can have a completely unrestricted license.

I wish there would be a penalty for troublemakers.

My husband and I accompanied my stepmother to the DMV so she could have her driving ability tested.

Apparently she made some enemy who tried to get her license taken away because she is old.

The tester came back with her and said she drives well and can have a completely unrestricted license.

You have to take a driver's test in Iowa if you are over a certain age or if someone reports you? That's nuts.

That reminded me about driving test, I think back when I was 45 years old, some how I didn't know that my driver license expired for about year and half. When I went to Andrew AFB for meeting and the guy want to verify my Driver license for security reason and he told me that my license is dead. That is how I found out about it. So, I have to take a driving test, and the tester start giving me instruction what to do, like do parellal parking and such, she pulled out her stop watch to time how long it take for me to park. I look at her and asked, "What the stop watch for??" She told me it require by law of how long it take to do parking or how long it take for me to do "U" turn for old people. I looked at her sternly and said.."I'm not fucking 80 years old!!" She laughed. She said anyone that is 45 years old or over require to time it. GAWD!!I feel like now I"m a member of oldies group!!

I went to work, mentored my friend, she wants to be an interpreter :)

That reminded me about driving test, I think back when I was 45 years old, some how I didn't know that my driver license expired for about year and half. When I went to Andrew AFB for meeting and the guy want to verify my Driver license for security reason and he told me that my license is dead. That is how I found out about it. So, I have to take a driving test, and the tester start giving me instruction what to do, like do parellal parking and such, she pulled out her stop watch to time how long it take for me to park. I look at her and asked, "What the stop watch for??" She told me it require by law of how long it take to do parking or how long it take for me to do "U" turn for old people. I looked at her sternly and said.."I'm not fucking 80 years old!!" She laughed. She said anyone that is 45 years old or over require to time it. GAWD!!I feel like now I"m a member of oldies group!!

I'll be 45 in oct this year so I hope Va doesn't have this as the law here.

i did 2 two days work with the plate compactor machine to compress the hardfill for the paving work in my yard. fantastic fun and bit difficult at times but was satisfied with my efforts, now tomorrow (weather permitting) I will lay the sands (special type) to fine tune the levels and start laying 600x600mmx40mm pavers (quite heavy, and 50 of those) so right now im kind of tired, but not sore at all as i am getting used to all the weight lifting now since I started this 3 months ago pulling out 10 trees (all the roots OUT) with no axe, no chainsaw, just a pruding saw and a peg bar to leverage it out) not reccommended, best hire a chainsaw and get an axe but i had no money....

so there, i used the plate compactor bit rough but its fun! Oh, and due to my past motocross experience of my youth the viberation wasnt painful or shocking to my bones i was used to it, funny thing it was a long time ago but the brain and muscle have 'memories'...that was fascinating...

I'll be 45 in oct this year so I hope Va doesn't have this as the law here.

Well, what she told me it's because my driver license have been expired way too long and I require to do the test and driving test all over again. I was shocked that I have to go through this, even if I have many years of driving experience?? It doesn't make sense. I just couldn't believe it that my license expired that long and some how the MVA reminder letter never got to my mail box or misplace or...?? But what I do remember during the day that my license expired, I was moving to new location.

Today? Oy! Let's see.... After arising at 4am due to cats taking over, I cleaned the kitchen (emptied the dishwasher and got table set for breakfast). Family woke up, fixed bacon, eggs, grits and toast for 4. Went to WalMart, fixed homemade pizzas for lunch, took MIL to grocery store, washed 2 litter boxes and filled one with fresh litter. Also, 6 loads of laundry and another 6 to go and I still have to put clean sheets on the bed and cook dinner. Then we go to disk 2 for season 6 of Stargate SG1.

Today? Oy! Let's see.... After arising at 4am due to cats taking over, I cleaned the kitchen (emptied the dishwasher and got table set for breakfast). Family woke up, fixed bacon, eggs, grits and toast for 4. Went to WalMart, fixed homemade pizzas for lunch, took MIL to grocery store, washed 2 litter boxes and filled one with fresh litter. Also, 6 loads of laundry and another 6 to go and I still have to put clean sheets on the bed and cook dinner. Then we go to disk 2 for season 6 of Stargate SG1.

Mothers should get paid... :shock:

Shopped for groceries and walked for one hour.

field trip to Gallaudet University today. Was nice. :)

Nothing much here...has rained 2-3 days and it's been very windy...put all my indoor plants out in the rain....cooked dinner...we watched "Cape Fear" on TV. I've seen it many times, but still it was a good movie and filmed in my hometown of Wilmington, N.C.....My 16 yr. old went to to Orlando, St. Augustine and Daytona Beach for Spring Break...he called and said the weather was so bad there...will be home this Friday. It's rained most all of Spring Break...Tough break....

Today was a good day. I worked, but it was an easy day. I made dinner and now plowing through old paperwork to shred. I'm pretty good about not being a pack rat so its been pretty easy going thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back