What Are You Reading Right now?

There's no apps, but you can just go directly to the websites using the kindle browser...

You must have an older kindle, because my friend said he gets free 3G internet on his...

Yeah, my old Kindle 2 which my sister now has, has free 3G access but no wifi. My current Kindle 3 has wifi but no 3G. There is a K3 model you can buy with 3G + Wifi. It'd just depend on your needs... I rarely downloaded books over 3G with my Kindle 2 so I just went for the cheaper wifi-only K3 model for myself... it's worked out well so far. Speeds (for both 3G and wifi) were about the same as accessing stuff on my iPhone/laptop. So, pretty good.

The Kindle does have an "experimental" browser. I've gone to gmail and twitter on it, and it will work fine for google maps, etc. It's not the best device to be surfing the internet on, but it will work in a pinch. Sticking to the mobile versions of websites helps too.

I'm reading The Eden Express by Mark Vonnegut, son of Kurt Vonnegut (one of my all-time favorite writers.) Like Father, like son. It's great so far!

Am reading Heidi together with my daughters. It is on their Reading list for school.

Thomas Covenant Chronicles

My favourite books as a teenager (many moons ago!) was the Thomas Covenant Chronicles by Stephen R. Donaldson.

Last year I decided to re-read them. Initially I was worried that my precious warm teenage memories of the books will be shattered by the cold reality of reading them as an older [I didn't say maturer;)!] adult. But in fact my enjoyment of the books deepened as I gained insights that I was previously too young to see.

It's taken me months, but I have just finished book 6 of the series - White Gold Wielder. It was hard work at times, and I needed a dictionary as Stephen Donaldson likes to use a very wide vocabulary. But what a fantastic journey these six books took me through.

I'm now going to start on the Last Chronicles, books that weren't written when I was a teenager. I know it's going to be a set of 4 (making the total of 10 books altogether) and that three of them have been published. I'm looking forward to this new journey...

Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex by Mary Roach.

I liked her other book, Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. So far Bonk is proving to be an interesting read...

I liked her other book, Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. So far Bonk is proving to be an interesting read...

Stiff is one of my favorite nonfiction books ever! I tried reading Bonk and couldn't get past the first 40-50 pages. I guess she managed to make death more interesting than sex for me...

I read Stiff. I'll have to check out Bonk.

Stiff is one of my favorite nonfiction books ever! I tried reading Bonk and couldn't get past the first 40-50 pages. I guess she managed to make death more interesting than sex for me...

I read Stiff. I'll have to check out Bonk.

I'm still in the beginning of the book, (I think only like 15% into it according to my Kindle) but I'm enjoying it so far. We'll see how it goes. :)

I did really enjoy Stiff, though. So interesting!

I'm still in the beginning of the book, (I think only like 15% into it according to my Kindle) but I'm enjoying it so far. We'll see how it goes. :)

I did really enjoy Stiff, though. So interesting!

Send me a copy.

A follow-up to Bonk... Ultimately, it was good but not the best book I've read about sex (not that I've read many but...) I feel the same as you, TWA, Roach made death more interesting than sex. Overall, though, it was pretty fascinating. Just a bit of slogging to be done. :P

I also read Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand... that one was very good. The main character of the story went through a LOT during the war, and his story is fantastic to the point of disbelief (as in HOW THE HELL DID YOU SURVIVE THAT!)

What next? Who knows... time to browse Amazon :)

Don't have anything currently to read. Read 6 books in the last week as well as my study books. Both biblical and ASL.

I just finished T4, about the Nazi program to euthanize disabled people during WWII, told in the form of a poem by a deaf girl experiencing it.

Reading Choice Theory thanks to a difficult client that has me searching for new answers:giggle:, and Loosing Time.

Hmm... what book am I reading right now? Nothing really. I haven't read a book since 1994.

Back