Watch for Hurrricane Sandy on East Coast

WE had T&L storming from Boston to New Hampshire last night. It was very loud , I could hear the thunder , I can't always hear it . The storm was left over from Sandy.

Now, death toll is 50 in United States. :( New York has the most deaths by far. People are arrested for looting..crazy world we live in.

Now, death toll is 50 in United States. :( New York has the most deaths by far. People are arrested for looting..crazy world we live in.

Sad to say - any time there is devastation of any kind that cities and towns face, there is always looting. Here in Florida, it's really become common-place for it and the real news is when it doesn't happen.

Hmm, I wonder if coolgirlspyer90 is still stuck in Washington D.C? She was supposed to return back to Ohio on 10/29... it seems apparently that the superstorm was occured at the same time at her visit to D.C? :hmm:

Hmm, I wonder if coolgirlspyer90 is still stuck in Washington D.C? She was supposed to return back to Ohio on 10/29... it seems apparently that the superstorm was occured at the same time at her visit to D.C? :hmm:

It could be possible because many flights got cancelled when Hurricane Sandy was on path to NJ.

It could be possible because many flights got cancelled when Hurricane Sandy was on path to NJ.
That is actually what I was wondering about because washington D.C was in the path of the superstorm....

A friend of mine is a crewman on a Coast Guard ship that is searching for the missing captain of the Bounty. They're still holding out hope for him.

A friend of mine is a crewman on a Coast Guard ship that is searching for the missing captain of the Bounty. They're still holding out hope for him.

The Bounty came to my city's port this summer and the ship was beautiful.
I was so sad to heard the Bounty has gone down and people where missing at sea.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFrwUTb6qh4]The HMS Bounty Visits Newburyport - YouTube[/ame]

Oh wow, Hurricane Sandy can be predicted to be $55 billions in damage, that's much worse than Hurricane Andrew, but less severe than Hurricane Katrina.
Sandy's Damage So Far: More than $20 Billion - Jordan Weissmann - The Atlantic

I can't believe that Cat 1 hurricane could cause a lot of damage, especially heavily populated in northeastern and mid-Altantic states.

That's exactly why.

I was about to post the same thing LoveBlue did but put it off as I was in the middle of eating a meal when I read Foxrac's post. The denser the population the more there is to be damaged and thus the higher cost.

Almost, if it were not for cold front, Sandy may not impact as severe as it was. If it were Cat 5, very scary and likely will do some damage to my property. Whew!

There was only ONE storm, just collided into cold front, not two storms collided each other. Remember when cold air and warm air collides, it intensifies the storm.

There where two storms combines and that made Sandy a superstorm.

update good news!! Penn got power back on!! Thankness Godness but my boyfriend and his family doing fine but got power back after 9pm last night phew!

Can't believe NY is still going to have the marathon this weekend. There is so may people who haven't even received assistance yet. Staten Island is a big mess and is just now seeing the Red Cross and FEMA. I believe the body count is going to go way up soon. Sad, really sad:-(

Can't believe NY is still going to have the marathon this weekend. There is so may people who haven't even received assistance yet. Staten Island is a big mess and is just now seeing the Red Cross and FEMA. I believe the body count is going to go way up soon. Sad, really sad:-(

Looks like from the latest news that many are reaching the breaking point. Can't say I blame them, no electricity, no gas, everything closed, no assistance, and no news of relief.

Laura

I was wondering whats going on with Mimsy, she lives on 16th floor in NYC.
I agree with Reba, good question.

SHe must be in the red zone of the NYC area, maybe? Hope she is safe somewhere else.

Back