Watch for Hurrricane Sandy on East Coast

same here. the only thing is they canceled schools in this area last night. Looking out the windows this morning I am thinking- what the
H$ll did they do that for. Kids have gone to school in worse weather then this. :roll:
Part of the problem for schools is the staffing and infrastructure, not the kids. Are all the teachers, bus drivers, admin, custodians, etc., available, and are the school buildings and buses undamaged? Do the schools have power? Are the roads clear? They have a lot to check on.

Yes a lot of the time teachers don't live near schools and custodians etc. This has been an issue in the past with snow storms here where the teachers will cancel class if they know they prob won't make it in on time. Saves the students the headache of leaving home if class is cancelled. Obviously this is post secondary but still.

All is ok here. When back home early this morning. Took shower and take off again to work, to access all critical mission servers to be sure all is ok.. well, all T1 lines are down....groan.

same here. the only thing is they canceled schools in this area last night. Looking out the windows this morning I am thinking- what the
H$ll did they do that for. Kids have gone to school in worse weather then this. :roll:

My kids went to school at a full time and today. But Syracuse university (classes are cancelled) and some locals are closed today. oh boy!

My brother went to work this morning but since the power was out he only stayed a few hours then came home. He now has power on at home so we chatted on Skype. The lady that needed help last night was his elderly neighbor (in her 90's). Nothing really urgent (except to her).

Its not as bad as I thought it would be. It was almost if nothing happens. I now have everything ready for winter. LOL

We are ok here...the entire side of my fence in my backyard blew off, got leaking from the roof into my b
bedroom, and minor flooding in my basement. However, we are fortunate we have power and nobody was hurt. My heart goes out to the people who suffered castraphic damage.

Glad to see nobody else hurt here.

How is everyone doing today? No power at home and there were a few people killed by falling trees in my area. Supposed to get the rain part and more wind today.

Stay safe everyone!

I read that a fallin tree branch killed an eight yr old boy in Pennsylvania.I dont know why he was outside. I also heard 17 New Yorkers died and 10 of them from NYC. :eek: A tree fell on a man inside his home in Queens killin him. :shock:

I read that a fallin tree branch killed an eight yr old boy in Pennsylvania.I dont know why he was outside. I also heard 17 New Yorkers died and 10 of them from NYC. :eek: A tree fell on a man inside his home in Queens killin him. :shock:

serious? i thought 5. I will read more later when i get home. :(

serious? i thought 5. I will read more later when i get home. :(

I0..watchin local news right now.

Im jealous of West Virginia..They received 2 feet of snow...Grrrrrrr. Move out of the way and let Ohio have all the snow. :D

Last edited:
Cant believe the devastation in NJ...one town is trapped...I told my husband that it was like New Orleans part 2..people being trapped with no electricity or supplies.

Cant believe the devastation in NJ...one town is trapped...I told my husband that it was like New Orleans part 2..people being trapped with no electricity or supplies.

houston, tx with Hurricane Ike. everyone gone crazy too.
i havent work for a month after ike passed.

im learn they got hit nine states!! unbelievables!

Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Maryland

oh my gosh!

my boyfriend also lives in Penn he told me says his home got power shut up and electric and still await fixing to back im pray for his family and plus my boyfriend but nobody hit in Penn..

My Aunt also little hit her house but her neighbor would call her says my Aunt was away and my cousin was in law school in Baltimore but both safety but my aunt plans to going Penn and power really OFF! i told my aunt on facebook Penn dont have power till return..

Back