Watch for Hurrricane Sandy on East Coast

As of this point, I was in Bowie, MD, close to where Annapolis are. Right now in a last minute, when I watch the wind direction, now it's blowing where the trees can pushed toward our house. I decided it's not safe and we all pack and left, head to Woodbine, that's where my parents live.

Much safer here at my parent's and now I'm ready to go swimming.

I ended up staying home. My mother has a lot of health issues and I didn't want to add to it by going off to work and getting her upset. I work in NH so if I tried, there's no guaranty I'd make it back as the commute is an hour each way and I drive a light weight car...so I'm told. I've no idea what to think about tomorrow.

The house next to us completely lost their gutter which was torn off by the wind. We had some benches outside that were thrown into the parking lot, fortunately the building management retrieved them and moved them out. Still seems relatively calm....not sure what it'll look like later.

Laura

My neighbors when down to Plum Island and down town to the boardwalk and the ocean it getting wild. I am glad you stayed if you drive a light weight car ,that is a long drive and trees branches will be flying all over the place.

I am chilling with my dog in my apt in NJ.b my lights still on so far. The parts of NYC is already flooded. Atlantic City is flooded. :eek3:

yeah i saw on tv. my god. my bro lost his electicity in long island half hr ago

cnn live just mentioned about long island that lost electricity i wonder which part of long island or all? :shock:

my friends live Sandy, told me!

Tazewell County Sheriff's Office

Hurricane Sandy Update - This is a message from Tazewell County Emergency Management Officials. Residents need to prepare now for a major weather event that starts Saturday and lasts at least through Tuesday. Expect high winds, snowfall and downed trees. Extensive power outages are likely. Make sure your family members, friends and neighbors are prepared for an extended weather event. Have flashlights and extra batteries, a battery-powered and/or hand-crank radio and extra batteries in case power goes out. Have food that does not need refrigeration and one gallon of water per person per day. Other important items are a first aid kit and medications, blankets and other supplies. The governor has declared a state of emergency and residents should stay tuned to local TV and radio stations for instructions and information.

Why down there? Whats wrong with upstate NY? I rather deal with blizzard than too much rain.

lol, not in southern states, the blizzard and too much rain are equally bad, also blizzard will shut the south down, but if you have truck with 4x4 that easily to handle the snow so you are good.

Blizzard don't cause flooding, too much rain does. That's difference.

In blizzard, you go outside and dealing with it and you won't get wet that fast, on other hand you go outside dealing Niagara fall, you get wet in matter of seconds.

lol, not in southern states, the blizzard and too much rain are equally bad, also blizzard will shut the south down, but if you have truck with 4x4 that easily to handle the snow so you are good.

The prediction seems to be accurate, its raining hard and windy as well right now. Brutal right now, gee!

Blizzard don't cause flooding, too much rain does. That's difference.

In blizzard, you go outside and dealing with it and you won't get wet that fast, on other hand you go outside dealing Niagara fall, you get wet in matter of seconds.

I don't say that blizzard causes flooding, but I'm saying that blizzard cause total shutdown to our region because we don't have equipment to remove the snows like plow so there are no plows in here at all. That why I said tropical storm/hurricane and blizzard are equally bad for our region, but you have different taste in northern states.

Nothing exciting happening in the Hudson Valley (NY) so far.

I thought my basement would flood but there's just a little wind and some misty rain.
However, all the schools in my area closed for today and tomorrow.
The internet and power blinked in and out a few times...

Be ready to evacuate after the storm has passed and the roads are cleared:

More than a Dozen Nuclear Plants Near Hurricane Sandy’s Path Brace for Impact - Washington's Blog

I hope we don't get Fuku'ed like Japan did. A LOT of these plants do NOT have diesel generators to keep these power plants cool. The minute the power plants lose power for the water cooling pumps and/or the generators get drowned, then the plants can blow within days, if not hours. I'm concerned, as I have family out there (one inside Manhattan area, one on Shelter Island Heights, outside NYC and DC).

I assume those who are not responding have already lost power. May fate be on their side...

It is windy right now...constant wind..around 30 mph. I love it! Im not concern about the floodin, Im just concern about the constant wind.. dont want power outage, here. :lol: Last big storm,derecho, didnt have power for a week. I can hear the wind only when my tv's mute. :D Im listenin to the wind,right now. Im just goin to sit around and wait for the storm go away.

Back