Watch for Hurrricane Sandy on East Coast

MAYBE, these weatherman seems to decided to predict the worst than it may appears to be. Wait til Thursday then we will know.

Oh wow, 1993 Superstorm was worst storm ever that southeastern states had in the century and it already shut the south down for few days.

I can understand that, you would rather stuck up on 16th floor without power and water? Its better to play safe than oh shyt situation. And this is going to be fun fun fun, LOL

My neighborhood is on the mandatory evacuation zone A for the hurricane. I live on the 16th floor, how is a storm surge going to affect us?? We're going to spend the next two days at my brothers apartment in upper Manhattan. I like that idea, but I still think it's wrong for the mayor to make a forced evecuation like this.

It's not about the water surge, it's about what if you have heart attack, can the ambulance swim? So, it's safer to evacuate to the area where ambulance easily accessable to anybody with illness.

We forget how much of our daily comfort and safety depends on electricity and other sources of power.

ATM's, gas station pumps, traffic lights, sump pumps, elevators, sewage systems, communications systems, lighting, air conditioning, heating, water purification, refrigeration, cooking, and transportation are just some of things you might have to do without.

Emergency services (police, ambulance, fire) will not be able to help you during or even immediately after a storm. There might be looters out loose.

Tall buildings can still be damaged by crumbling foundations, flooded basements, no working elevators, broken windows, and backed up sewers.

If something happen to you during the storm then you would be complaining your mayor did a horrible job in protecting people . You're forgetting about the people that have to put their life at risk rescuing people that refuse evacuation before a storm hit.
I got a reverse 911 call saying people should be ready to evacuate if they live on low land near the ocean , there may be mandatory evacuation if the storm get really bad. I do not have evacuate so far.

no i dont live under the rock. i have three jobs. only i get the info from my cell phone during my break time. Peace out!

I did not mean you as in 'you' , you can be use a singular and plural, pronoun.
I was using you as 'plural,' pronoun

You should also fill containers and bath tub with tap water. That will be good for washing and flushing the toilet. Don't store water in a washing machine. Also, have cash because the ATM's might not work if the power goes out. Have good that doesn't need refrigeration or cooking, and lots of batteries and flashlights. People with cars should fill up with gas. People with grills should be sure to have lots of propane. Be sure to have lots of cleaning supplies and trash bags. If your food spoils, you'll have to bag it up and toss it out. Have all electronic gear charged up. Make sure you have enough pet food.

How is in South Carolina, I think I heard on the news it is getting rough out there. Be safe!

How is in South Carolina, I think I heard on the news it is getting rough out there. Be safe!
Sandy just brushed past us yesterday. Just a little wind and rain. Nothing special because Sandy was so far out to sea off our coast.

Not in my area. Some parts of CT, yes. That's all I know about.

I am ready.
I have gallons of clean water,
I made enough stew to last two days,
I have my flashlight, battery-operated radio,
my basement pump is ready to run, I have my waterproof knee boots,
I put away anything outside that can roll (garbage cans etc)...

Stay safe all.

Schools have closed in my state and NH, we have advisories saying stay off the road, yet no federal offices have closed. I still haven't heard from my employers saying to stay home. Really can't believe it, how long does it take to make a phone call? Am I really going to have to go to work tomorrow with this storm?

Laura

In Florida, they usually throw Hurricane party, should we the North Easter throw Hurricane party, eh?

The center of the storm is expected to hit my town head on tmw. Stay safe everyone!

Just heard stores are empty. Must be that time of year for milk sammiches.

The center of the storm is expected to hit my town head on tmw. Stay safe everyone!

Interesting. Our Philly weather guy is saying Atlantic City. Not doubting what you've heard Shel.
If it does come in at Atlantic City you & I will get a LOT of rain since we'll be southwest of the eye.
Say high & dry. (Does pot & vermouth go together? :hmm:)

Schools have closed in my state and NH, we have advisories saying stay off the road, yet no federal offices have closed. I still haven't heard from my employers saying to stay home. Really can't believe it, how long does it take to make a phone call? Am I really going to have to go to work tomorrow with this storm?

Laura

I woke up at 5:00 AM to take Marty to the park to poop! He is very fussy about where goes and hates to poop in his own yard.
Maybe you should call and see if you can stay home ,I would hate to be driving around in a huge storm.

Back