Watch for Hurrricane Sandy on East Coast

The news showed a dog swimming in the ocean with huge waves, the owner has to be an idiot to let their dog in the water with huge waves . The dog had trouble getting out of the water.

Oh wow, that's very stupid to let dogs swim during hurricane and you are correct that dog will be drown due more difficult to get out of water.

Sandy barely brushed past us; just a little rain and wind. I'm more concerned about my family in CT, and AD members in the Northeastern coastal zone.

National and Local Weather Forecast, Hurricane, Radar and Report

Sandy: Latest Status and Maps - weather.com

This utube show that path of the storm and the storm does not seen to be heading my way yet. I live in Mass. in a coastline city but I am not right next to the ocean. I did see more seagulls in land and that means the ocean it getting rough. The stores parking lots get fulled up with seagulls just before a big storm hit.

Sandy: Latest Status and Maps - weather.com

This utube show that path of the storm and the storm does not seen to be heading my way yet. I live in Mass. in a coastline city but I am not right next to the ocean. I did see more seagulls in land and that means the ocean it getting rough. The stores parking lots get fulled up with seagulls just before a big storm hit.
Are you prepared?

Oh wow, that's scary to get in rip current and without lifeguard and education about swimming in ocean, the rookie/inexperienced swimmers will die when they try to fight the rip current.

For me, my father teach me about how to get out of rip current by using parallel to other side, but I haven't been encounter into rip current in my life and it could happen in anytime.

There were 2 female lifeguards at the time. They were apparently too busy talking about reality tv or something. Others were looking for me. They found my sunglasses 200ft from where I surfaced before I even surfaced. In this case I don't think experience would have mattered.....I am very experienced and athletic but being in that current was totally disorienting. I was swimming as hard as I could to get above the water not realizing that I was actually laying sideways.

There were 2 female lifeguards at the time. They were apparently too busy talking about reality tv or something. Others were looking for me. They found my sunglasses 200ft from where I surfaced before I even surfaced. In this case I don't think experience would have mattered.....I am very experienced and athletic but being in that current was totally disorienting. I was swimming as hard as I could to get above the water not realizing that I was actually laying sideways.

Oh wow, that is really bad and glad that you came out as alive. You are correct about swimming experience may not matter because I could be totally different than someone teach us to get out of rip current.

I do know about beaches in CA, especially LA and SD have lifeguards, but when I went to Panama City Beach (FL Panhandle) with my family so turned out, they didn't have lifeguards, so they posted sign saying - No lifeguards on duty.

I've been monitoring my CT hometown newspaper's website, and I'm surprised how little storm preparation is going on.

I've been monitoring my CT hometown newspaper's website, and I'm surprised how little storm preparation is going on.

It seems they are taking the storm very lightly. I hope they are right.

I wonder how many will be killed by flying political signs?

Are you prepared?

I hope I brought enough bottled water, I hope I am prepared enough,. Crap I forgot to buy a radio! I was given one as Xmas gift but it was a second hand one and does not work! I will not find one in my small city now.

I hope I brought enough bottled water, I hope I am prepared enough,. Crap I forgot to buy a radio! I was given one as Xmas gift but it was a second hand one and does not work! I will not find one in my small city now.
You should also fill containers and bath tub with tap water. That will be good for washing and flushing the toilet. Don't store water in a washing machine. Also, have cash because the ATM's might not work if the power goes out. Have good that doesn't need refrigeration or cooking, and lots of batteries and flashlights. People with cars should fill up with gas. People with grills should be sure to have lots of propane. Be sure to have lots of cleaning supplies and trash bags. If your food spoils, you'll have to bag it up and toss it out. Have all electronic gear charged up. Make sure you have enough pet food.

Yep, dog will be in panic mode which is not going to help. Sad!

Oh wow, that's very stupid to let dogs swim during hurricane and you are correct that dog will be drown due more difficult to get out of water.

I am near the shoreline in Connecticut closer to NYC..I'm all prepared so bring it on Sandy!

Nismos needs scuba gear. He will be under 8 feet of storm surge. Was nice knowing you nis

Nismos needs scuba gear. He will be under 8 feet of storm surge. Was nice knowing you nis

Lol. I will be fine because I am going to be staying on top of the mountain that is like half hour away north from the beach. More than 90 feet above sea level. I defin will drive down to sea level to check out the rivers during the storm.

You should also fill containers and bath tub with tap water. That will be good for washing and flushing the toilet. Don't store water in a washing machine. Also, have cash because the ATM's might not work if the power goes out. Have good that doesn't need refrigeration or cooking, and lots of batteries and flashlights. People with cars should fill up with gas. People with grills should be sure to have lots of propane. Be sure to have lots of cleaning supplies and trash bags. If your food spoils, you'll have to bag it up and toss it out. Have all electronic gear charged up. Make sure you have enough pet food.

I got gas in my car and I am making ice cubes to use in my cooler and I will be filling my bathtub with water , I did not buy extra meat as I did not want have to throw it away. It would be good to buy power milk too. to have and refill your med for your family and pets. paper plate and plastic cups and forks etc will come in handy too. I can fill up a big lobster pot with water .
All importance documents should put in plastic bag and in a water proof container.

Back