Underground House~ want your opinion

Actually this is not underground.. It's half of way underground... cuz roof top still outside..
Seems so COOL.. sumth'n different!

by the way thanks for sharing your pictures...
:)
if a house is 100% underground.. how the heck can i get in the house? and if there's a fire.. how can i escape?

all bedrooms are required to have windows in order of fire dept.

if a house is 100% underground.. how the heck can i get in the house? and if there's a fire.. how can i escape?

I have seen around underground in Canada and nothing heard incidents happening so far.. Mostly nice underground..
There have escape route.. by windows nearby your bdrm, living room and much around... Nice.........

I have no idea about USA surrodings around happening incidents by underground houses...

1003706ka6.jpg

1003715me5.jpg
Thanks for the pictures! :ty:

Very beautiful location.

Next, can we see some pictures inside the house? :P

I wonder if she could install a skylight that can also open like an escape hatch? That would also allow fresh air. The roof line looks like it would be easy to install skylights.

Thank you for the photo, it give me a better idea. It remind me of the Lords of the Rings houses I see in film, their roof is covered in grass, very unusual.

Home Sweet Home to brand new Mr and Mrs RebelGirl and daughter!!

wow, the pictures got me interesting impression. I just got my hubby to look your pictures... I explained him what and why USA want to have underground houses. We were like wow and interesting.

I ask you one question on my hubby´s behalf about the back of the house, where the picture shown. Did they built special for back inside/outside wall of the house to prevent damp and mold and smelly? (because of no air if the wall of house is under soil - no air could lead damp and mold...) I told him that I beleive that they build special plaster to prevent damp and mold... ???
Tousi is right on one thing. the house has plastic sheeting under the ground and also has Concrete built to it too..

It would be great for you to live an underground house. It is excellent temperatures for both seasons (summer and winter). That is a main pros.

The cons is a radon if there are some rocks nearby. Most standard houses have small amound of radon because of the (basement) cement weight pressure against the ground that create radon vapor slowly - especially cracked cement.

I recommend you to install a motor fan vent in the basement (or in the ground) to get rid of radon. That is important. (I also recommend you to request a radon inspector for the verification before you buy the underground house.) Large amount of radon is dangerous that can cause your lungs cancer.

I have visited an underground house, and it is so cool. Good Luck with your new home.

It would be great for you to live an underground house. It is excellent temperatures for both seasons (summer and winter). That is a main pros.

The cons is a radon if there are some rocks nearby. Most standard houses have small amound of radon because of the (basement) cement weight pressure against the ground that create radon vapor slowly - especially cracked cement.

I recommend you to install a motor fan vent in the basement (or in the ground) to get rid of radon. That is important. (I also recommend you to request a radon inspector for the verification before you buy the underground house.) Large amount of radon is dangerous that can cause your lungs cancer.

I have visited an underground house, and it is so cool. Good Luck with your new home.
what kind of motor fan are you talking about? i was thinking dehumidifier? but i'm not sure what you mean.. can you be more specific?

what kind of motor fan are you talking about? i was thinking dehumidifier? but i'm not sure what you mean.. can you be more specific?

I found some websites on google that tell you about the Radon Mitigation. In other subject, my opinion that you don't need a radon alert device. It is best for you to hire a certificated radon expert to come and test your house. He/she will give you the list what to buy or hire to install it for you - I think it is expensive to hire someone so your husband would do it for less money. You will get the idea about the ventilate machine for your house. Dehumifier is fine - to get rid of damp in the summer.

http://www.dhs.ca.gov/radon/How do I fix my House/default.htm

http://www.rapca.org/radon/Fact Sheet - RRNC.pdf (PDF document)

http://lansing-homes.com/HTML/Radon Deliverables.pdf (PDF document)

I wouldn't mind one since they stay cool during the hot summers. However, it would depend on where you live. :dunno:

wow it nice house, i cant wait see inside while yall move there, my fiance help yall too! hehe

I have seen radon test devices but I cannot remember what catalog I've seen them in. Might be handy to own one, do the simple test yourselves, and save on the service calls.

Sorry, This is the first time I ever read this thread, my bad. :(

Nice underground house, Now I get to have the understanding of underground house, never seen something like this before. Good luck in your new home!! ;)

Back