Twinkies is going out of business !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard of that. USPS employees must pay state taxes whether they are union members or not. Union members can write their dues off on their income tax returns.

All I know is that APWU (postal union) sells short-term and long-term disability insurances which are good for the members who don't pay SS taxes under the old system, CSRS (Civil Service Retirement System).

Same here - employees, regardless on union status, must pay state tax.

Hopefully, another company will buy the Twinkie brand and keep making them, maybe hiring these people back.

But if the product doesn't sell, it doesn't sell.

It's like the buggy whips when automobiles became popular. Buggy whip manufacturers went out of business, too, because no one wanted buggy whips anymore. Do those workers keep looking for buggy whip jobs or move on to something else?

This happens in business all the time. I'm not going to worry about the loss of Twinkies, because maybe fewer people will get heart attacks.

The loss of jobs is very unfortunate, though. I hope the company will help them find other jobs before they close the doors.
The product was selling ,people are going out and buying up all the Twinkies they can get their hands on. I don't think I ever had a eaten a Twinkies, my dad did not like that junk in the house.

I would like to ask you if your family members who are kids like son, daughter, brother and sister love Hostess or not. My kids love only one product, chocolate mini-donuts, nothing else. I asked them about their friends. They don't eat much of Hostess' products, either. What's going on? So I wonder whether or not this young ("new") generation has changed the way of life. For example, my kids hate rock 'n roll. WTF?

Like in the past, I have said no business is immune from going out of business or bankruptcy. Here is perfect example, Hostess going out of business.

Society of medical professionals may be throwing a party for this at this moment.

Like in the past, I have said no business is immune from going out of business or bankruptcy. Here is perfect example, Hostess going out of business.

Society of medical professionals may be throwing a party for this at this moment.

Is it possible for Walmart goes bankrupt? I think so. :lol:

Why?

Is Hostess offers healthy foods?
I asked because Hostess' products are bad for our health so why would the doctors celebrate when Hostess is going out of business? The doctors would lose patients, thus they lose money.

The opposite is true. Because most of medical professionals are OVERworking, and they are underpaid, and government wants cut the spending. The less patients gets sick, the less they have to deal with.

I asked because Hostess' products are bad for our health so why would the doctors celebrate when Hostess is going out of business? The doctors would lose patients, thus they lose money.

Yes it is, but not around the corner.

Kmart was same as Walmart back in 80's now they are struggling to survive.

Yup! You made a good logical about Kmart.

Back in 1993, there were shitload of Kmart and fewer Walmart in west coast, so Walmart didn't grow until 90's.

The opposite is true. Because most of medical professionals are OVERworking, and they are underpaid, and government wants cut the spending. The less patients gets sick, the less they have to deal with.

Yup, the medical cares are very overwhelming.

Well, most doctors are concerned about health rather than money, so it is bad to become unhealthily.

When Hostess gone so people can eat Little Debbie.

The product was selling ,people are going out and buying up all the Twinkies they can get their hands on. I don't think I ever had a eaten a Twinkies, my dad did not like that junk in the house.

Not selling enough of them to pay the bills and keep the company out of bankruptcy.

If another company believes there's still a large enough market to sell to, they will buy the Twinkie name and put out their own product under that name.

Michael Moore must be devastated.

It might actually improve his life expectancy, provided he does not find a substitute. Pray that the union settles, so MM can have his daily dosage of artery-choking Hostess products.

That was 18,500 jobs lost. 681,500 jobs left to go. We are 39 days until the fiscal cliff.

If you fail to connect the dots, let me help. The formula is composed of enormous quantities of greed, sprinkled with a dash of petulance. The big companies are crying foul, yet the CEOs continue to:
  • Find innovative ways to raise prices and lower costs
  • Ship more work to China, because Mexico is too expensive now
  • Reduce the size of product containers, while announcing: "New and improved" not "Reduced in size"
  • Keep raising their own salaries by 15% annually, regardless of the bottom line
  • Blame the floor workers for rising costs
  • Move the company, and sometimes themselves, offshore to avoid taxes

State income tax and unemployment tax are separate.

I'm not sure of your state, here in NYS has whats called OSDI Tax, that is for unemployment insurance, short term disability, etc. Union employees don't pay these tax but income tax yes.

Some states require employer pay unemployment Insurance tax for their employees, unionized employees are exempted.

I have never heard of that. USPS employees must pay state taxes whether they are union members or not. Union members can write their dues off on their income tax returns.

All I know is that APWU (postal union) sells short-term and long-term disability insurances which are good for the members who don't pay SS taxes under the old system, CSRS (Civil Service Retirement System).

State income tax and unemployment tax are separate.

I'm not sure of your state, here in NYS has whats called OSDI Tax, that is for unemployment insurance, short term disability, etc. Union employees don't pay these tax but income tax yes. Remember unionized employees are considered as contractual employees and treated differently.

Do the math, that executive pay raise is nothing in general.

If every one of 18,500 employees gets just a dollar increase of pay, it will cost company at least 38 million of dollars in additional yearly expense, plus additional SS taxes, and other taxes just for a dollar raise for each employee. Problem is many of them wants more than just a dollar raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back