Twinkies is going out of business !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prove what?

Friend of mine is member of teamster union, he told me he wanted a position but had to wait until his seniority gets high enough for him to get it. Positions changes at his unionized warehouse every year.

Well, not all nonunion workplaces focus on performance.

It is very common and obviously for new employees to have worst position and schedule at service jobs like retail and fast food, but almost all of those workplaces are nonunion workplaces. No one will happy about workplace, no matter if it is nonunion or unionized.

Do every of human being on this planet have exact same skills?

Do I need to prove that? Not really, you should already know.

For example if a person perform a task A far better than B person on the same task, and B person does the task B far better than person A. If Person A has the higher seniority, and wants take that task B, will it help the company bottom line?

It is pretty much common sense.

Read your statement in red text.

Not from my experience, usually when supervisor of non-union observes your skills and know other position that better suit for you, they will try to move you to the other position. It is all based on performance. I had to switch few positions in the past because of that.

Well, not all nonunion workplaces focus on performance.

It is very common and obviously for new employees to have worst position and schedule at service jobs like retail and fast food, but almost all of those workplaces are nonunion workplaces. No one will happy about workplace, no matter if it is nonunion or unionized.

Not from my experience, usually when supervisor of non-union observes your skills and know other position that better suit for you, they will try to move you to the other position. It is all based on performance. I had to switch few positions in the past because of that.

this is a blue collar job, FYI..... you know - a labor job.

It means my experience is different from you, so not everyone share your experience, so every workplaces are different.

I know most IT companies focus on performance and experience, so for example, if Apple see you as great for network technician so they put you in wherever position is available. That's not case with retail job, I have a great performance in cereal aisle but they put slow, lazy worker that worked for 20 years in cereal aisle so they forced me to work in frozen aisle, so I have poor performance with frozen aisle.

Prove what?

Friend of mine is member of teamster union, he told me he wanted a position but had to wait until his seniority gets high enough for him to get it. Positions changes at his unionized warehouse every year.

are you saying your friend is unqualified or lacks skill for the job he wants?

Thats why unions is not needed. It is now between Wal fart and Uncle Sam, and if Wal-Fart goes out of business, who is gonna to blame to? Its much easier that way than with unions. In other words, this news is actually makes executives look bad not workers.

wait till you work in hazardous job like mining, oil drilling, etc. without unions.

Nothing to do with unqualified or lack of skills. For example, there are position like Recieving clerk, fork lift operators, packer, etc, all within same department union have every year, the one oldest gets to pick first, then next and so forth.

are you saying your friend is unqualified or lacks skill for the job he wants?

I have been on blue, grey and white collar positions. And your point?

only you are the one who understands your point and nobody else.... do you know what that means?

b16.jpg

For example, there are position like Recieving clerk, fork lift operators, packer, etc, all within same department union have every year, the one oldest gets to pick first, then next and so forth.
That's fair.

Nothing to do with unqualified or lack of skills. For example, there are position like Recieving clerk, fork lift operators, packer, etc, all within same department union have every year, the one oldest gets to pick first, then next and so forth.

that's not what I asked.

I'm asking you if your friend is unqualified or unskillful for the job he wants since he's a member of teamster union because I'm questioning the validity of your Post #484.

The unions are very common at hazardous jobs, also meat factories are one of them, so work safety is important key on contract.

The hazardous jobs are pointless for me due to vision problem, unless I have death wish.

This thread needs a break.. and I'm closing it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back