The Ear And Hearing

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds are all around you. Some sounds are loud. Some sounds are soft. A fire alarm makes a loud sound. A clock ticking makes a soft sound.
Pretend you are just waking up. What sounds do you hear? Do you hear a radio? Do you hear water running? Do you hear people talking? Clap your hands. You hear the sound of the clap with your ears. The sound moves very fast. Each part of your ear helps you to hear the sound of the clap. Some people do not hear as well as others.(there are reasons for hearing loss due to sickness,Accidents—Sometimes getting hit on the head can cause hearing loss.
Loud Noises—Sometimes loud noises can cause hearing loss. Listening to loud music, guns shooting, or firecrackers can cause hearing loss) Tell us what do you hear?

After I woke up, the first thing I would hear is next door neighbors having a loud sex. ugh!

i can hear air raid siren for tornado, .. for those are closer to me.. i can hear people shouting, gunshot, pallets slamming on floor, metal hammer slamming on metals,

mostly are high pitch sounds that i can hear

only I can hear anything depend how loud is sound coming from but espically really hate annoys... FUCKING HIGH PITCH.. That hurts my ears..

My daughter discovered my weakness is senstive i can hear high pitch.. so she can yelling sounded high pitch.. I kept warned her don't dare you screaming high pitch ever again. She enjoys.. Geez.. Why can't she quit it ?
Lucky My hubby cannot hear anything only high pitch.. he can hear other sounds and talk over the phone etc etc.. I wish I want trade my hubby's ear.. then I will not hear anything high pitch. :laugh2:

Hmm.. I wear my hearing aids all times. Before I got ditgnal hearing aids, I couldn't hear the "quiet sounds" then when I gotten the new hearing aids, I could hear my brother burp quiet, or my mom farts quiet. :roll: :eek2: Yikes.
I also can her this little Piggy farts too... :lol: If anyone knows who Piggy is, who is a member on AD. :)
Without my hearing aids, I can hear loud music, car mufflers, the dog barking (a little), a crash, or a thunder. I also can hear the sirens for tornado.
I like wearing my hearing aids insead of going TOTAL deaf. Sometimes I get headaches from too many sounds "pushing" into my ears, I get the headaches and then I have to force myself to take my hearing out so my headaches can go down. :(

TinyStrawberry said:
Hmm.. I wear my hearing aids all times. Before I got ditgnal hearing aids, I couldn't hear the "quiet sounds" then when I gotten the new hearing aids, I could hear my brother burp quiet, or my mom farts quiet. :roll: :eek2: Yikes.
I also can her this little Piggy farts too... :lol: If anyone knows who Piggy is, who is a member on AD. :)
Without my hearing aids, I can hear loud music, car mufflers, the dog barking (a little), a crash, or a thunder. I also can hear the sirens for tornado.
I like wearing my hearing aids insead of going TOTAL deaf. Sometimes I get headaches from too many sounds "pushing" into my ears, I get the headaches and then I have to force myself to take my hearing out so my headaches can go down. :(
yikes... next time i'm with you.. i gotta hold my fart.. and say" excuse me i gotta go to restroom" *walks to restroom* *farts*

I can hear.....

* Thurder
* Any banging noises
* Children/Adults yelling in background
* Fireworks
* Loud Music
* Drums

That's pretty much of all I can think of....

tekkmortal said:
After I woke up, the first thing I would hear is next door neighbors having a loud sex. ugh!

:rofl: why not record ur neighbors loud sex and send 'em to the Playboy Channel? it's gonna be a riot if it airs on the channel!

I'm really deaf, I don't hear much. Maybe balloon popping, or perhaps gun going off, but it has to be close enough for me to hear. Same goes for people shouting really loud, they have to be close enough as well.

without hearing aids i hear NOTHING!!!!!!!!

with hearing aid on -- i hear most noises i guess :dunno: i just simply ignore them LOL -- i hate high pitched sounds same like what Bullymom had said :ugh:

I can hear a semi truck passing by. Damn busy streets of Chicago. :madfawk:
And loud speakers from them ghetto boys.

I can hear female voices without my aids but I can't hear thunder unless it's directly overhead. I cannot hear my cat's purr....I can't hear some dipathongs like "th" (I vivdly remember being in second grade and sitting in the speech therapist's office learning how to say "th"...seems to be a pretty universal experiance among deaf and hoh kids.

I can hear....

* Thundering if it real loud like someone is bowling up in heaven *giggle*
*Loud Banging Noises
* Music but Not words they are singing.
*Expostions like Gas Expositions
*Fireworks
*Train goes By
*Doors Slamming
*Yelling with High Voices

That about all I can Think About Right Now.....*Will get back to this Topic Later*

Can't hear a thing, not even bomb or horn blaring, etc. I would notice loud noises only if I feel them. I'm verrrry :deaf:

the only sound i can hear is in my head. when i wake up, im thinking (yelling at myself) "oh shit look at the time, move your ass to get ready for work!"

besides in my head, i can hear very little things like really loud stuffs or someone laughing/shouting several feets from me. im deaf, not profoundly i guess.

oh one time something weird happened to me at work recently, i didnt have hearing aides on and i started hearing weird things that kinda sounded like music. i wasnt sure if my ears were ringing. i asked my supervisor if the music was on, she said yes. the stereo was in another room and im sure it wasnt loud/blaring at all. :eek:

I HATE wearing hearing aids first thing I woke up in the mornings!! So when I woke up in the AM, I never put them on and I love walking around w/out wearing them on.

If I wear them ON... I would be able to hear
*dogs barking at one house away or 2
*doorbell (at most times)
*people chattin away (I dont knwo what they are talking abt, you know) or laughing
*crickets chirping (sometimes I can hear them)
*parents yelling MY name, LOL
*sirens*
*Smoke alarms going off (sometimes)

Thats pretty much... I think?

~sharlie~

Erm.. I dont wear hearing aids.. But what i can hear..

- occasional airplanes
- smoke detectors
- dog barking (if close by)
- people yelling (especially at the deaf club, fuck those people are loud)
- pounding on doors/tables (even if im not touching it)
- people dropping slightly heavy stuff on the floor
- myself talking
- Bill talking in the car
- music: this one is the odd one. I can hear music on my cd player at a volume of 6-8 (out of 10) and in the car I only need it on less than half. However, it depends on the music - if its high pitch I can barely hear it. I can usually hear the words (depends on the kind of music, rap? forget it) but i dont understand them, and if i get the words in front of me, i might be able to follow it, maybe 6 out of 10 times I can.

I am sure theres more but those are the main ones.

/blabbing :D

Oh, one more thing, I'm (according to my audiogram) profoundly deaf.

Oh yeah, i hate to put on hearing aides first thing after i woke up. its just sounded too weird, its probably because my head isnt fully awake yet lol.
i noticed everytime i got on airplane my hearing aides battery died quickly. i guess the engine was very loud that made aides work harder or was it pressure?

e said:
Oh yeah, i hate to put on hearing aides first thing after i woke up. its just sounded too weird, its probably because my head isnt fully awake yet lol.
i noticed everytime i got on airplane my hearing aides battery died quickly. i guess the engine was very loud that made aides work harder or was it pressure?
It's probably not your hearing aids, it's probably the air pressure in the airplane. Usually, when you fly higher... the pressure builds up in the cabin. It causes your eardrums to "push in". Because of that, it gives you a feeling like your hearing aid is dying. I get that all the time. Pop your ear drums from time to time and it should help. Chewing gum helps too.

Back