Students Fleeing Alabama Schools

They have been deporting criminals for a long time. So this method is not so new.

Anytime a person gets arrested they have to ID them and get all the information they can about the person, in this case they found out he is illegal, and they probably will deport him.

so that means this wasn't really the result of the new law

so that means this wasn't really the result of the new law

Exactly.. that's why I'm like "Ummm, but.. but.. how is this a result of the new law...?"

I am totally open to any argument that says that this really is a result of the new law. Seems like no one is speaking out?

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

Exactly.. that's why I'm like "Ummm, but.. but.. how is this a result of the new law...?"

I am totally open to any argument that says that this really is a result of the new law. Seems like no one is speaking out?

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

Easy... Before they could only hold the person hoping the Feds would show up to pick them up. Now it is a State crime.

Then there is this..

Suspect from Yemen turns out to be legal in Alabama | GadsdenTimes.com

He is legal after all. System works.

Driver license is hardly to make promise for idiot authorities to verify if suspect is legal or not.

It looks like I'm going carry my passport with me at all time.

Fuck to Alabama!

First arrest made. An illegal from Yemen....

Top Stories | TV 24
let's admit it.... you made a knee-jerk "racist" reaction and you were wrong. this post did not indicate ANYTHING about him being an illegal.

Easy... Before they could only hold the person hoping the Feds would show up to pick them up. Now it is a State crime.

Then there is this..

the system works???? I can certainly tell you that this system "worked" not as the result of Alabama's new immigration law... it worked because of Homeland Security... which was several years ago.

now... this is precisely why the state shouldn't be doing immigration job... what an embarrassing farce. You just made a fool out of yourself.

Then there is this..

According to the article, the man claimed he was in the country illegally to the state police. But when his lawyer got involved, he turns out to be legal. Huh? Why in the world would he say he was illegal when he wasn't?

I see possible coercion, forced confession, or outright lying by the 'Bama pigs in this. And what is this "obstructing a government operation" BS? I don't see him being charged with a drug crime either. So what exactly did the guy do wrong????

I bet the guy was simply standing at the wrong place at the wrong time and the racist 'Bama pigs just snatched him up cause he looked like a Mexican to them.

According to the article, the man claimed he was in the country illegally to the state police. But when his lawyer got involved, he turns out to be legal. Huh? Why in the world would he say he was illegal when he wasn't?

I see possible coercion, forced confession, or outright lying by the 'Bama pigs in this. And what is this "obstructing a government operation" BS? I don't see him being charged with a drug crime either. So what exactly did the guy do wrong????

I bet the guy was simply standing at the wrong place at the wrong time and the racist 'Bama pigs just snatched him up cause he looked like a Mexican to them.

I agree!!!

Alabama is a cursed state and can't let go of racism. That's why that state and others like Mississippi, etc will never truly prosper.

My local school district said that if I enrolled my children for school as opposed to home school, then I would have to have all documentation including proof of citizenship and in the case of a child of divorced parents, would have to prove that I am with the custodial parent. I asked what documents for proof of citizenship and they said, "if you have to ask, then you don't have it and we can't accept your kids".

My kids were both born in Florida, both in West Palm Beach.

Golly. You're not even an illegal either!

I agree!!!

Alabama is a cursed state and can't let go of racism. That's why that state and others like Mississippi, etc will never truly prosper.
Have you lived in Alabama?

I do wonder why the man stated he is not legal.

Arabs and Mexicans looks different to me.

I do wonder why the man stated he is not legal.

Arabs and Mexicans looks different to me.

It's possible he wasn't familiar with the laws. I've been doing research on my own about immigrating to the US and it's very very complicated, there are many variables involved depending on your status in the US, be it as an employee, tourist, or relative of a US citizen and not only that, but your status could change while you're in the US depending on even more variables, you could enter legally as a tourist and apply for a status change to a student or employee while in the US.

It's possible he wasn't familiar with the laws. I've been doing research on my own about immigrating to the US and it's very very complicated, there are many variables involved depending on your status in the US, be it as an employee, tourist, or relative of a US citizen and not only that, but your status could change while you're in the US depending on even more variables, you could enter legally as a tourist and apply for a status change to a student or employee while in the US.

Could be. He could have misunderstood and thought he had to be a citizen. But he may have had a Green Card.

maybe he's in deep undercover? :hmm:

Could be. He could have misunderstood and thought he had to be a citizen. But he may have had a Green Card.

Or he may have applied for immigration papers and hadn't gotten them yet. You CAN stay in the US while awaiting to hear back from US Immigrations on your status.

I doubt he has a Green Card. It's extraordinary difficult to get one now. He probably has a work visa.

I doubt he has a Green Card. It's extraordinary difficult to get one now. He probably has a work visa.

It was only an example.. but for the ones that do not know.....

Difference Between Visa and Green Card | Difference Between | Visa vs Green Card

Some migrant workers in Florida have Green Cards. They migrate where ever there is work. From Picking Oranges in Florida, to Picking Apples in Michigan.
Some migrant workers also come to Florida from Mexico to just work for the season on a Visa. It varies really.

It was only an example.. but for the ones that do not know.....

Difference Between Visa and Green Card | Difference Between | Visa vs Green Card

Some migrant workers in Florida have Green Cards. They migrate where ever there is work. From Picking Oranges in Florida, to Picking Apples in Michigan.
Some migrant workers also come to Florida from Mexico to just work for the season on a Visa. It varies really.

I understand but in this case - I seriously doubt that he has green card because of painstaking and detailed procedure involved plus background check. My colleague just got a green card and it took him a long time to get one. The interview process was brutal and lengthy.

it's just much easier for him to get a work visa than green card if he wanted to enter this country legally to do drug business but hey.. I could be wrong!

Under the law, schools are required to check immigration status so students are leaving as a direct result of the law.

I think Bush had the right idea to make all illegals legal and then deal with the problem. The only other real alternative would be to put the money in poor countries to bring their economies on par the the U.S. (a daunting task) thus lowering immigration.

The problem isn't so much about street crime as it is about taxes and jobs. It's being used as a political tool as well.

I understand but in this case - I seriously doubt that he has green card because of painstaking and detailed procedure involved plus background check. My colleague just got a green card and it took him a long time to get one. The interview process was brutal and lengthy.

it's just much easier for him to get a work visa than green card if he wanted to enter this country legally to do drug business but hey.. I could be wrong!

Regardless if it is a work visa or a green card, he should have it taken away and be deported, if he is found guilty of the drug charges.
http://standwitharizona.com/blog/20...-under-alabama-immigration-law-is-from-yemen/
CORRECTION 10/04: The Etowah County Sheriffs Office now reports that Mohamed Ali Muflahi’s attorney produced – after 3 days – a visitor or work visa for him. Therefore they were mistaken that he was in the U.S. illegally. However, due to his actions during the drug raid, Muflahi is facing a Class A misdemeanor. Upon conviction, per Federal law, he is subject to automatic deportation (unless rescued by Obama’s recent unilateral decree staying nearly all deportations).
As to those who would attempt to use this incident against the new Alabama law, keep in mind a few things. First, visa holders are required to carry their IDs on their person “at all times” according to Federal law. Muflahi did not produce it for 3 days. Foreign visa holders are guests here and must obey our laws, which Muflahi appaently did not.
Also, remember that 4 of the 9/11 hijackers were here on expired visas and were stopped for speeding less than 2 months prior to the attacks, yet none of them were caught because laws like Alabama’s H.B. 56 were not in effect. The law worked here. The police did their jobs. Those who wish to take advantage of this circumstance to trash law enforcement and this law, do a great disservice to those whose job it is to protect us all.

Back