Students Fleeing Alabama Schools

That blog post is totally speculative and borderline racist.

Why do you think this blog is racist? No such thing as borderline.. It either racist in your opinion or not.

No one in that blog is talking about people living in the country legally. It is talking about people living in the country ILLEGALLY.

Opponents of Alabama’s law are the ones who pull the race card. They are against ALL restrictive immigration laws, and believe our border should be wide open. They are not concerned about the national security threat of unchecked entry of illegals from terror-sponsoring nations, so long as their greater race-based agenda is served

Bold print. I find to be true.

I have to agree - they're linking this guy from Yemen to 9/11 hijackers - thus stringing the two together in the reader's mind.

Of course they are linking it. The guy in 9/11 was pulled over and let go. He was illegal. If this law was intact at the time. 9/11 may or may not of happened.

That one of the points of this law.

It is not racist. It is an example of what happened in the past, when this law was not in effect.

*sigh*

Of course they are linking it. The guy in 9/11 was pulled over and let go. He was illegal. If this law was intact at the time. 9/11 may or may not of happened.

That one of the points of this law.

It is not racist. It is an example of what happened in the past, when this law was not in effect.

*sigh*

Guess it's a matter of perspective then. Hadn't seen any associations with hijackers when articles reported catching an illegal immigrant such as a Mexican who were pulled over.

Nor were hijackers mentioned when Obama's uncle got pulled over.

But this guy from Yemen, suddenly 9/11 and hijackers popped up.

Why do you think this blog is racist? No such thing as borderline.. It either racist in your opinion or not.

No one in that blog is talking about people living in the country legally. It is talking about people living in the country ILLEGALLY.

Bold print. I find to be true.

It's racist for exactly what DC said. The only reason the 9/11 hijackers were brought up is because this man is from the Middle East.

The way the blog is written, it is making it sound like the man has something to hide, like he did something wrong. The writer makes it sound like he/she has more information than the rest of us, which isn't true. We don't even know if this man was involved in the drug raid. We don't even know if it was a drug raid. And we also don't know if he was coerced/frightened into saying that he was an illegal, but given what we know about the State of Alabama's police force, none of that is far-fetched. The only thing I see him being charged with is "obstructing a government operation" which is government bogus-speak for "we just wanted to grab him for whatever reason we could."

Guess it's a matter of perspective then. Hadn't seen any associations with hijackers when articles reported catching an illegal immigrant such as a Mexican who were pulled over.

Nor were hijackers mentioned when Obama's uncle got pulled over.

But this guy from Yemen, suddenly 9/11 and hijackers popped up.

This is where people are mistaken. They think this law only applies to Mexicans. It doesn't. It applies to Illegals from all over!!

You're missing the point.

p.s. Obama's uncle is not from Mexico.

First of all, some of you stated that this guy was arrested because he "looked" like a Mexican. Then I stated that Arabs and Mexicans look different.

Everyone is basing this on the Mexican look.

That is my point.

BTW.. I know Obama's Uncle is not from Mexico. :)

First of all, some of you stated that this guy was arrested because he "looked" like a Mexican. Then I stated that Arabs and Mexicans look different.

Everyone is basing this on the Mexican look.

That is my point.

BTW.. I know Obama's Uncle is not from Mexico. :)

We're talking about that blog post in which the guy from Yemen was associated with terrorism, 9/11 and hijackers even though it's already been proven he's in the US legally.

We're talking about that blog post in which the guy from Yemen was associated with terrorism, 9/11 and hijackers even though it's already been proven he's in the US legally.

They are showing how this law can work.

Yemen is a hot spot for Al Quada...Isn't it?

It is a possiblity that can not be ruled out. Homeland Security. People complain and screamed about 9/11 and stating it may have been prevented. The guy that was a part of 9/11 was illegal, was pulled over, and let go.

Now when someone checks a person immigration status upon breaking the law, they are going to scream racist!!?? Really??

that federal law existed long time ago. This was not the result of Arizona's new immigration law.

yes and no.

It is a possiblity that can not be ruled out. Homeland Security. People complain and screamed about 9/11 and stating it may have been prevented. The guy that was a part of 9/11 was illegal, was pulled over, and let go.

Now when someone checks a person immigration status upon breaking the law, they are going to scream racist!!?? Really??
TXGolfer did, we didn't.

This guy from Yemen turned out to be in the US legally after all. So, there's no reason to go dragging up 9/11 etc etc since it wasn't like he got arrested then deported then "Hurray! The laws worked! We've been spared by a repeat of 9/11!"

There's nothing racist about reporting about someone from Yemen who was first suspected of being in the US illegally.

But definitely racist to associate him with terrorism just simply because he's a Moslem Arab.

It's the law for the police to check your ID when you're arrested. It's nothing new.

let's admit it.... you made a knee-jerk "racist" reaction and you were wrong. this post did not indicate ANYTHING about him being an illegal.

Racist? No. And I am the one that posted the 2nd article that stated he had been cleared. :lol:

the system works???? I can certainly tell you that this system "worked" not as the result of Alabama's new immigration law... it worked because of Homeland Security... which was several years ago.

now... this is precisely why the state shouldn't be doing immigration job... what an embarrassing farce. You just made a fool out of yourself.

Lawyer provided proof he was legal. He is free now. System worked. I bet he has proof with him next time. :)

Back