Religion, Christianity and Spiritual Forum

Do you want a Religion, Christianity and Spiritual Forum in AD?

• Yes

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I don't care or it don't matter

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
webexplorer said:
Well, it seems a good idea. However, I still think it is a bad idea because if someone bring up a lawsuit against alldeaf.com. I did not want to lose it because I really love to read alldeaf website. Alldeaf.com has the right to protect its business. That's the hardest part of all. Good try.

Why would someone bring a lawsuit to AllDeaf.com if we establish a forum on religion, christianity and spirituality? :dunno:

Meg said:
Why would someone bring a lawsuit to AllDeaf.com if we establish a forum on religion, christianity and spirituality? :dunno:

can happen if one feels that a member(s) are trying to SHOVE religion down our throats and its not appreciated -- i sure have felt like that on several occasions when i happened to go into a thread where topic went off topic and religion was somehow being discussed -- i personally cannot stand bible-thumpers and i do not need person(s) to be telling me what is right and what is wrong and argue this n that from their own organized religion -- to me thats wrong! if i could i would rattle off a few handle IDs that seems to have that tendency to be doing something like that

Originally Posted by Meg
Why would someone bring a lawsuit to AllDeaf.com if we establish a forum on religion, christianity and spirituality?

can happen if one feels that a member(s) are trying to SHOVE religion down our throats and its not appreciated -- i sure have felt like that on several occasions when i happened to go into a thread where topic went off topic and religion was somehow being discussed -- i personally cannot stand bible-thumpers and i do not need person(s) to be telling me what is right and what is wrong and argue this n that from their own organized religion -- to me thats wrong! if i could i would rattle off a few handle IDs that seems to have that tendency to be doing something like that

This is the reason why a religious forum would be good, as it gives a place to discuss such things, and is labeled appropriately so when one enters the forum, they know there is going to be a discussion about it. As a current example, think of the gay forum. If one clicks that link and goes in, they know what they are getting themselves into. They would have no excuse to go in there and then claim that they were offended by that subject. Granted with religious discussions, there would be varying topics that can would probably be more passionate than what we see with politics and people may be offended by others religious views....for example a Muslim being offended by a Christian discussion.

I think its a good idea to have it. It keeps the dicussions in their own forum without diluting other topics...Its weird when your talking Hockey and then it somehow turns into a bible discussion. I have no problems with people discussing the bible (I would like to discuss it too) but not in a Hockey related thread.

And plus

I think it is a discrimination...

Just like Jewish people are being discriminated out there in the world...
I feel Christians are being discriminated also.

So we Christians have the right to have our forum added on here too.

Because that is not fair. :ily:

Fly Free said:
i personally cannot stand bible-thumpers and i do not need person(s) to be telling me what is right and what is wrong and argue this n that from their own organized religion -- to me thats wrong! if i could i would rattle off a few handle IDs that seems to have that tendency to be doing something like that

Totally agree with your comment, Fly Free. I do have some christian friends as long as they won't peach on me over issues. They are humble and respect my decison to run my life.

Alex, time for create the forum for Religion and Spiritual Forum. Noticed more more threads related to both than before.

I need to point out that Spirituality is a very broad term. It could be about Christianity, New Age, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc etc.

I suggest having subcategory for a few of these because I would hate to talk about Buddhism in a generic forum that may cause some members to jump at me with their own anti feelings regarding Buddhism, etc. Im a Christian but have been reading a lot about Buddhism lately and would like to get some tidbits here.

Spirituality is not necessarily Religion

I didn't vote, because I feel there's not a lot of respect here for spirituality that is not in the confines of Christianity. I wish there was somewhere I could openly talk about my spirituality without being told I'm going to hell all the time. People who say that have no idea how deeply spiritual I am. I have a lot I'd like to share with others, and it's a very important part of my life.

Last edited:
PrincessTabu said:
I didn't vote, because I feel there's not a lot of respect here for spirituality that is not in the confines of Christianity. I wish there was somewhere I could openly talk about my spirituality without being told I'm going to hell all the time. People who say that have no idea how deeply spiritual I am. I have a lot I'd like to share with others, and it's a very important part of my life.
Yeah, I know what you mean... *looks at a particular member* We know whose fault that is. :roll:

PrincessTabu said:
I agree. I think you and I have same or kinda same belief/view... however that's major reason why I refuse to share my true belief with anyone around here, AD. People can be very close-minded at the point...

Like what Meg said... if we do have the religious forum, maybe we can have sub-forum for spiritual alone and hopefully we can discuss about our spiritual beliefs or carry our intelligent discussions without having to deal with some of these close-minded christians/people.

No offense to christians but I had these experiences myself and I had enough. It will be nice for us to be able to carry our spiritual and intelligent discussions without having to put up with close-minded comments.

Edit: PrincessTabu, btw, I pm'ed you recently.

Last edited:
Magatsu said:
I agree. I think you and I have same or kinda same belief/view... however that's major reason why I refuse to share my true belief with anyone around here, AD. People can be very close-minded at the point...

Like what Meg said... if we do have the religious forum, maybe we can have sub-forum for spiritual alone and hopefully we can discuss about our spiritual beliefs or carry our intelligent discussions without having to deal with some of these close-minded christians/people.

No offense to christians but I had these experiences myself and I had enough. It will be nice for us to be able to carry our spiritual and intelligent discussions without having to put up with close-minded comments.

Edit: PrincessTabu, btw, I pm'ed you recently.

thanks guys :ily:

that's a good idea, have a sub-category spirituality, non-categorical

change my mind

I don't think Christian forum should be on here...
God and Jesus don't need their names degraded like that.

:o

PurpleRose71 said:
I voted no because religion has always been a controversial issue and I'm sure there'll be a lot of heated debates and debacles over the different religions...
"Religion" will always be a hot topic. There are already many threads in AD that have religious topics. I don't think creating a separate category for religion and spiritual threads will increase the debates. I think it will just make it easier for people to find topics that either interest them, or that they want to ignore. I appreciate category groupings that help me quickly skip threads in topics that I don't want to read. For example, when I scroll down the column of new posts, I don't even bother opening the ones in Penisarium. That saves me a lot of time and bother.

i voted yes and no

i belive it, but iam afraid everyone is goignt to fight over whats right or wrong,god is only one. so i dont know if we should do this to hurt the believers etc like flaming insulting etc over one thing i just believe as one ( god ) . thats all everyone needs to know leave it as is ,dont you think.

I voted yes because I think it is a good idea to separate religion and related threads into their own forum, so people who are easily offended by such topics can avoid them and people who are interested in debating it can go there.

I agree!

I agree with you Meg.
We don' t believe in what the christiains believe.
We are Jewish, and along time ago altot of people hated Jews and they sitll do.
I think that religion shoud be kepted to yourself, but everyone has the right to choose if they want post their religion.
Margie

^Angel^ said:
Please let's not have any name calling, bashing or disrespect with other members here in this thread.... Also, you can have the option of explaining your choice or simply just vote :)
If anyone called names as negative answer, a moderator should delete a part or whole of the quotation.

For example:

"You are <personal attack deleted>. "

What about "general Christianity"? This general is for theology discussion, Bible versions discussion, church discussion, religion discussion, questions discussion and others. What do you think of general Christianity?

Fly Free said:
ive voted i dont care -- if theres a religion based section on this forum fine with me cuz then they would be grouped into that section and i can ultimately ignore that section if i wanted to -- im really uninterested in bible-thumpers and i do not believe that ppl should shove their religion down other ppl's throats -- its getting a bit too cluttered in the general chat section due to quite a few bible-thumpers who seem to be so dead set on their beliefs and become bashers in some of their posts -- its a huge turn off for me and i dont bother with those threads

my belief with God is my own period -- i dont need an organized religion to tell me otherwise

:werd: This is my feeling also. I've been "on the fence" about a forum for religious topics, but the more I think about; I think it's a good idea. We need a place where those that want to debate religious topics can go and do that, and where those who aren't interested, can simply avoid it if they choose to.

Back