Reasons to date a Deaf person

The soul ties to a Deaf man dating a Deaf woman is much more stronger and it is much easier to talk in ASL and also go through life much stronger with whatever challenges of gaining positve experiences, doing everyday things both Deaf couples know without needing to explain, explain etc. The connections of a shared experience is instant with no one off balance or in the dark and both Deaf couples are in the Light.

Here's a reason....

My husband (hearing) complains about me bugging him about ettiqute, I tell him that if he learns more ASL he can talk with his mouth full :)
(My little angels have started that though..."mom i can sign with my mouth full"
-Beth

because you can talk behind our back and we won't hear it.

Because you learn another launguage and can brag to your buddies

because if you don't know asl you won't know when we are pissed at you and yelling at you

"because if you don't know asl you won't know when we are pissed at you and yelling at you"

Oh that is SO TRUE!!! Took my hubby FOREVER to figure out I was signing stubborn, "bite me" etc...
-Beth

thewinterknight said:
Deaf girls are much, much more brutal than hearing girls I know from past quarrels :rl:
That's because they think they are better than hearing people. That's sometimes a problem. Deaf people thinking they're better, so they go the extra mile to take control of their own lives... but they go over the line and end up being worse than hearing people.

Dating with deaf or HoH in the noisy place and you can sign all you want and not to worry misunderstood where as the hearing ppl having problem understand since the noise interferring the conversation. :giggle:

Reason to date a deaf person is we can holler out loud and don't have to worry about hurting his or her ears :lol:

So Jon YELLS so loud that the whole neighborhood can hear! He has a very resonating voice. The news people love his voice. It's the voice that does not need a sound tech right by when you are being interviewed by the news. We found out that after Hurricane Jeanne blew over some ficus trees in our old neighborhood.

AND! Jon farts as he pleases because I can't hear him! UNLESS I am in BED with him. He is still perplexed HOW I know. Like we can't feel farts? Come On!:ugh3:

I rather to be with hearing women. They surely know how to have sex.

I am hearing woman, in love with a deaf man and I think it's great. I don't have to turn on the water when I pee. When he goes to the bathroom he comes out and we laugh because he didn't realize everything I could hear. And what's great is alot of times, we don't even have to talk because our understanding goes way beyond words, or communication. He has exposed me to a new culture that I LOVE, and has opened my eyes and given me a passion for a world other than mine. It hasn't been easy, but when two people connect, they connect. Every relationship has difficulties communicating and understanding. I think the connection you two have as individuals is more important than how you communicate. At first he always wanted a deaf girl but then he even saw it can go beyond words or signing. Oh, yeah and in public we can sign and make fun of people and they have no idea. Plus they look at us like it's something strange and I think it's great. Everyone needs their eyes opened. Oh, and it's more peaceful for me with a deaf guy, it's more quite and I like that. Plus I'm noisy so we work well together. And me being Loud (wink) is great because he can hear me and I can get right in his ears and don't have to worry about hurting them (wink again). It's great, and when I laugh hard (because I do) I don't have to worry about hurting his ears. Plus, I like things that are different and like I said, dating him has been wonderful for us both and eye opening for us both. Plus, no one wants to be discrimnated against for whatever it is- religion, hearing or not, color, sex, etc. . . So I think it's important we all keep our eyes open because we could miss out on something even greater than what we think.

I am deaf and my boyfriend is hearing. But, he has learned so much sign language it is unbelievable in the short time we've been together. And I've been teaching him about deaf culture and he has picked up on feelings I have towards hearing people who are unkind to us deafies, and he understands. And because of how much sign he has learned we can have complete conversations in sign and I just love that, being able to express myself in my natural form.

I'm deaf and my fiance is hearing. He didn't know that I was deaf when I met him. He was so impressed because his nephew goes to be deaf. He wanted to learn sign language to communicate with me and his nephew. He do have problem with his stuttering sometime. He don't care if I am deaf. The important is personality and love. He is happy with me. I am happy with him too. He can hear anything. I can't hear the water running in sink. I prefer to be with hearing than deaf men!

Quite frankly, I think some of you missed the point of this thread. I believe the thread creator wanted this to be a humorous thread about the cute advantages of dating deaf people, nothing too heavy like personal stories or personal preferences/opinions on a soapbox. Phfft! Hang it! :) Let's keep it simple and keep a sense of humor.

You can get away with listening to crazy music all you want because your date won't give a shit.

I rather to be with hearing women. They surely know how to have sex.

Guess my husband is staying wtih me not because of our great sex life according to your logic, I must be lousy with sex since I am deaf. :giggle:

Well, it's not humorous but to date a deaf person means you WILL get eye contact.

I'm not sure why but I found this threat just a little bit insulting to deaf people...kind of making fun of them. I'm sure that's not the OP's intent, though. Just my opinion.

Back