Reasons to date a Deaf person

I'm not sure why but I found this threat just a little bit insulting to deaf people...kind of making fun of them. I'm sure that's not the OP's intent, though. Just my opinion.

:confused: What threat??? Did I miss something?

:confused: What threat??? Did I miss something?

I meant thread, not threat. Typo error. Just find it a little insulting...like when someone is saying you can do things because that person can't hear it anyways. If you would not do it to a hearing person, then you should not do it to a deaf person as well.

Not a biggie. Just my thoughts, lol.

The best way to date a deaf person some moments can be meaningful in many many good or bad ways just to enjoy the silence!

ATTENTION: A REALLY HOT GIRL(HEARING) WITH DEEP MALE VOICE DATED A GUY (DEAF)
GET MY POINT? That could be a reason why girls date a guy. lmao kinda wrong though.

Not to offend anyone but. I am deaf so i gotta watch out for it. =D

im also deaf and i have hearing boyfriend but he can sign some not lots!

Funny thread here... I agree most of your posts. I do not need to add anything to my post because you already said which is good enough.

:lol: I like most of Islandgal's posts... :lol:

I rather to be with hearing women. They surely know how to have sex.

:roll: It could be that something wrong with you why deaf women can't have sex with you... :dunno:

Dating with deaf or HoH in the noisy place and you can sign all you want and not to worry misunderstood where as the hearing ppl having problem understand since the noise interferring the conversation. :giggle:

I did that the other night on a date with a deaf girl :giggle:, we was talking during the movie and no one even knew :D

Well you can sing in a shower for all you want regardless of whether if you are tone-deaf or not to start with. ;)

One time at a dorm (at school for the deaf), I was talking to myself using voice. (Was bored so I acted out of a story or something. ^^; ) I wasn't unaware that in shower stall beside mine that there was a hoh student taking a shower as well. When I saw her trying to get my attention through a curtain, I peeked out of my stall and she asked me if I was singing. I was so embarrassed and realized that I was talking to myself at that time.
It's a funny moment for me.

Last edited:
dateing a deaf girl would be great since theyll never say "stop yelling at me!" if im signing hahahaha

I have a lot of reasons to date a deaf person but for now, I will just list only one reason... I can burp freely anytime I want at home with my future, to-be husband. And no, I'm not fat, overweight, or anything. Even I drink water, I still burp. I think it's mostly me doing that kind of stuff. It's fun, I guess? o_O;

Being deaf is the sweetest than being hearing, don't you guys think ? :D

I have a lot of reasons to date a deaf person but for now, I will just list only one reason... I can burp freely anytime I want at home with my future, to-be husband. And no, I'm not fat, overweight, or anything. Even I drink water, I still burp. I think it's mostly me doing that kind of stuff. It's fun, I guess? o_O;
That's an interesting excuse... ;)

But... be careful.

Sometimes, you get so used to burping in front of him that you might end up burping in public while on a date with him cuz you forgot you're in a public place. ;)

I meant thread, not threat. Typo error. Just find it a little insulting...like when someone is saying you can do things because that person can't hear it anyways. If you would not do it to a hearing person, then you should not do it to a deaf person as well.

Not a biggie. Just my thoughts, lol.

Yep i can see your point, and i agree

there is a lot of overtones of self-loathing or ridicule which stemmed from the way hearing people stereotyped us and yet the Deaf seems to recycle it- strange!
That stereotype is 'buy into' the deaf community without much thoughts or consideration. It is partly true but neverheless not neccessary, and I think we need more imagination on what is truely a good point of how a deaf/Deaf person makes a good partner in relationships with a hearing person.
What is our good quality nor our stereotype, like for example (maybe) loyality or the need of communication is greater so the bonding might be more heart-felt? or maybe a deaf person is more passionate if shown how (sex or love-making) or what about the the visual quality in observation?
Discussion about art is another one, (then again a hearing person whos got a art Degree wouild have to get the 'lack of sosphication a deaf person might have' and yeild some real love and surprise?
that sort of thing folks.

Stop raving around stereotypes get some imagination!...like stop speaking of the obvious, and quite obviously stop insulting ourselves. But on the other hand deafness is a funny 'disability' the degrees are extremes and wildly electic, so its hard to say one thing which many others (if not majority) would disagree or perhaps they havent given much thoughts to reconsider.
Here's one trait, deaf people are somewhat incrediablly stubborn to a particular world-view, that has a double-edge sword effect on us, like we may be too stubborn to adapt or and too stubborn that it shows our uniqueness which makes hearing people intrigued to be attracted to us. (can anyone identify any of this?)

That's an interesting excuse... ;)

But... be careful.

Sometimes, you get so used to burping in front of him that you might end up burping in public while on a date with him cuz you forgot you're in a public place. ;)

Well, some people have fetish of women burping. :P No kidding!

Back