Obsession on deafness or disability?

Sticks and stones...yada yada yada...

Grummer, it's not. This is how we learn from each other.
yes that. but that wasnt i was talking about
i was referring to how Drphil Never Learn from anyone, he goes round and round in circles, obsessed with "Steamboat" (era of deaf cultures, he believe Deaf culture at present times is exactly the same as Huckleberry Finn's times
yes Huckle is a fictional character but get my drift?

No, they are not the same. Using: dictionary.reference.com and merriam-webster.com

Disabled - crippled; injured; incapacitated.
Unable - lacking power, ability, or authority. In other words incompetent.

I am neither I have a challenge.

As the word is defined, I am not.

WRONG

is the other way around
I DO KNOW this because I STUDY this..

it is NOT Unable but Impaired - crippled; injured; incapacitated.

and

Disabled is- lacking power, ability, or authority.

In other words, society thinks you're incomplete as a citizen

The condition of DEAFness has been around since the "beginning of time" however how one actually deals with "it" has changed over time.
Especially since the "introduction of Hearing aids and Cochlear Implants. over the last "short period of time". In historical terms.

How long "sign communication" has been utilized- not too much "written down" apparently.

it was the American Indian who invented the number '0' as Zero, shortly after the West (whites) went to America, mathematicians took the concept of '0' before that it didnt exist, and then the whole lot of maths shot up in volume of studies from playing around number zero.
strange but true

now
why im saying this?

bloody hearing people got to start paying respect to Deaf culture, for there is much or even small to learn from it, thing is
even a small amount is huge...like the number zero - 0

its about time you stop fetishising on deaf culture, we're not insects, we're bloody humans

its like every culture evolves with time, granted CI is going to mutate Deaf culture like it or not, it will alter it, in many ways.

Is Tex an Ostrich?...find them fascinating and would love to ride one for the heck of it....:giggle:...woot!...more fun and faster than a Camel...hence the saying..."I'd walk a mile for a Camel"

indeed its your strange version,

with the support of sand, holding your head in firm , very strange indeed:lol:

Sadly, it probably does seem strange to people who sit around and worry about what other people think.

One more thing I will admit is that I have anxiety disorder that made me give up an opportunity to attend one of the best universities as an early admission grad student (veterinary). This is a disability because I was unable to leave my home and family to move upstate for fear of chronic panic attacks. I have PTSD and hell yeah it's a disability. But so what.

Mimsy, honestly, you cannot let something like that hold you back from a great career and the opportunity to make new friends. It would be tough, I have no doubt, but you can't let it take over your life. You have to understand, your home and family will still be there for you.

A lot of people have traumatic experiences. And, to be sure, those experiences can stay with you your whole life(I know). But, one thing is for certain, fear or not, you will still be living your whole life.

You are a strong person and sometimes strong people go through these things, that's life. However, remember, there are a lot of good times too and that is what is really important. In the end, it's only the good times that count.

Don't think we have ostriches in Texas, though... Unless you go to the Zoo!

You bet. I am in Iowa now, but used to live in El Paso for many years...

My Texas knowledge may amaze you!

Whoa.. You lived in the crazy part of Texas! :lol:
Did you ever want to be part of New Mexico?

Back