Obsession on deafness or disability?

Then you evidently don't proofread before you post either. Otherwise I don't think we would see things like dont rather than don't or ntended rather than intended.

i type quicky, AND I DO know the difference between dont and don't , don't is correct, oftentimes im typing at 2am after I've my readings or essay writing for the night..
don't stands for do not, but for essay wirting, it is too informal. so there, im not stupid, quit your snippy rudeness

this grammar-nazism in here has to stop...there are far worst posters...

sometimes typing so fast i 'forget' to or muscle memory of the fingers did touch/slip to 'i' but didn't depressed the key...

..my time is precious, i don't sit in AD for too long, its just in breaks, then back to work...and hence another reason why im not fussy, it's a social forum

guess my keyboard is this lappy gettng worn out..

...i dont llike your wit...its ranked at the lowest according to Oscar Wilde, the famous dramatist.

lastly we don't need dramas from you

I've gotten ostrich, bison and elk burgers at the farmer's market and tried them at different times over the past years. I'm not a big meat fan but the are healthier than typical meats.

You can also eat Ostrich's eggs....read where just 1 egg is enough for 10 people...and taste like chicken eggs too....

Did not have one of those in Ohio when I lived there. I see in MO, Springfield has one I’ll have to plan a road trip and find it.

I live in Saskatoon, restaurant area I have some citiy area :) I notice on store many times.. . I love it. I should be find. I would be plan do something. I think so good company. after sometimes I will visit to plan again!

I live in Saskatoon

One day I'll make it up there, I've heard Saskatchewan is beautiful. I love Ontario and Quebec, I've spent a fair amount of time up there. I still remember the brick streets of Montreal. I went to see the sights where one of my biological grandparents was born.

I wonder how many more OT posts I can do before I get my hand slapped? Anyone Know? :giggle:

Sometimes, people who are new to the culture may seem obsessed, but they're probably just excited or adjusting to their new life. There is a fine line between obsession vs. self discovery as well as self advocacy. There are a few times I've been told by (mainly hearing people) that I should stop talking about my new knowledge of the Deaf culture. I've also recently called myself Functionally HoH (which I was born with, but the official name is APD) however, because old family and friends were never told this in the past, and suddenly I say, "I'm hard of hearing" they suddenly say..."No you're not" but when I say I have a learning/hearing disability, they accept that. So overall, someone may look obsessed, when really all they want to do is find themselves in this awesome culture! :ily:

This was directed to the threads main discussion question. Sorry if my message seems a bit off topic from above :D

in uk get certain money benifits you entitled to but they diability forms and it assumed you are disabled not true.....some people are entitled to a car and with that car they live ordinary life free from disability and to remain getting certain benifits to lead disable free life they have to keep telling authorities they disabled it vicious circle and people lose motivation

Sometimes, people who are new to the culture may seem obsessed, but they're probably just excited or adjusting to their new life. There is a fine line between obsession vs. self discovery as well as self advocacy.

Well stated! There are a lot more questions with this topic. Birth order - Others in family that are deaf/hoh - Family support - Community support - Born deaf or age it was lost - etc.

however, because old family and friends were never told this in the past, and suddenly I say, "I'm hard of hearing" they suddenly say..."No you're not" . . .

I've experienced a little of that. I had the pleasure of foster homes so I know very little of my biological family. I have no idea if any others are deaf/hoh.

So overall, someone may look obsessed, when really all they want to do is find themselves in this awesome culture!

I can agree with that, I have my moments of wanting to find myself in the Deaf culture. I think I'm going to need another year though, I'm stuck on one piece of acceptance.

I can agree with that, I have my moments of wanting to find myself in the Deaf culture. I think I'm going to need another year though, I'm stuck on one piece of acceptance.

Same here, Chris! :) Thanks for the needed support!

One day I'll make it up there, I've heard Saskatchewan is beautiful. I love Ontario and Quebec, I've spent a fair amount of time up there. I still remember the brick streets of Montreal. I went to see the sights where one of my biological grandparents was born.

I wonder how many more OT posts I can do before I get my hand slapped? Anyone Know? :giggle:

it is great, that is great, It is true story. I spending grew up to Saskatoon is alot on pretty change on city. look likes grow community Saskatchewan is very grown more people. it is very exciting for me. it is alots of change better improve city. It is exciting for me :lol: it is awesome beautiful on saskatchewan. :D

Wirelessly posted

Grummer said:
Do you think there is a point where someone is too 'crazy' about their views or opinion on their deafness or disability? This can also apply to family like child, spouse, relatives, etc. Crazy enough that it becomes obsessive?

I feel like I can see it going both ways on deafness issues, from forcing a learning philosophy to a child like oralism, up to how "hearing" (or deaf) you can get being aided. At some point I feel like the obsession can also go into real life that it splits up relationships or friendships (this aso obviously applies to online forums, we seem to have both sides of the fence going on all the time).

What do you think about obsession into deaf issues? Do you think it is a good thing for the deaf and hearing communities overall?

let me ask you - AND DONT GOOGLE- I want YOUR words. whats the difference between deafness and disability?

I personally think that is really how you view it. Disability is limiting. Deafness on the other hand can be viewed as limiting by some and especially the hearing as they cannot imagine life without sound. Also for those who are immersed in the hearing world, it can be viewed as limiting as you are faced with continuous frustration because you are not given allowance to use your preferred method of communication. However Deafness can also be viewed as an identity to which many find solace and finally acceptance and a true sense of belonging.

Back