No Child Left Behind

Emerica

Reaction score
Should the "No Child Left Behind" act should be removed from teacher law? :cool:

Emerica said:
Should the "No Child Left Behind" act should be removed from teacher law? :cool:

That stupid fucking law should be thrown out and burned! :pissed:

Yes, I believe the "Leave no child behind act" should be remove because it's not improving education, failing our children, government has fail to provide funds.

yeah,it's also rediclous....how does denying funds to a school allow them to improve? Sure you can tranfer to another school, but what about the kids who get left behind at the underperforming school?Aren't they allowed to get a good quality education as well?

Emerica said:

The "No Child Left Behind" law as it is is a total joke with language in it that allows it to be interpreted differently by different political perspectives or administrations.

Richard

Right on!

I agree with Richard.
The "No Child Lefted Behind" is a big joke.
That law is full of bull.
Margie

Here's my personal opinion of NCLB --- :madfawk:

As a kindergarten teacher in a "poverty" public school, I -- and many of my teacher friends -- give NCLB a huge F!!!! We're so stressed with all the demands placed upon us with all of the accountabillity issues....yet, when are the PARENTS going to be held accountable? It's kinda hard for me to teach when the kids come strolling in tardy or absent day after day b/c their parents just don't care to get them to school on time, if at all! Yet, I'M the one who gets busted for poor test scores, etc.! Sorry, but I'm not gonna go drag the kids outta bed to get them to school.... parents need to help us teachers out and also take some responsibility too!

Also, the schools need the funding to put into place all these programs... but at my school, we're losing some teachers and programs due to funding issues. So....explain that one to me, huh?

Grrrrr....I'm so frustrated right now with my teaching situation..... thanks, y'all for letting me vent....

Emerica said:
Definitely. It is the most worthless and flawed law ever in 229 years. More and more schools are preparing to sue Bush or his Admin for NCLB (link and this link).

According to EDDRA that NCLB Act is a trap. It is the grand scheme of the school privatizers. NCLB sets up public schools for the final knock down. When I think about it, it makes sense. To some of people, 'privatization' may be good idea but it will be short-term success. Ok, think about it... what if 'A' privatized school refuse to not discuss about environmental impaction from pollutions because that privatized school is funded by Shell (Gas/Oil Corporation)? Or... what if 'B' privatized school choose to not discuss about dinosaurs because that 'B' school is funded by Christian Coalition (Believe it or not, some of them don't believe in dinosaurs). What about science? What about biology? List go on and on. It is completely nightmare and disaster.

All in all, NCLB must go. The sooner we start, the better off American children will be.

Last edited:
correction

Magatsu said:
Ok, think about it... what if 'A' privatized school refuse to not discuss about environmental impaction from pollutions because that privatized school is funded by Shell (Gas/Oil Corporation)?
Here's correction:

Ok, think about it... what if 'A' privatized school refuse to discuss about environmental impaction from pollutions because that privatized school is funded by Shell (Gas/Oil Corporation)?

Yeah...a real Republican approach to schooling....apparently the theory is that lean funding means that competition will Darwinize our school systems into performing better....whatever THAT means!

comic Sans MS

Indigo

I and my family are fighting against one of my school...because some of staff are not follow the law "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND." I n my family are believe in that we will help other kids to get better improving provide education, when we are winning the case..many of mine friends and teachers are on my side...hope so! pray!

depends....

i have a 5 year old austim son... the school did good on him and had resocures and have money to help for his education part of NCLB act.......... so i cant complain...... he is gettin better day by day--- he is Deaf, AUSTIM, and ADHD

VamPyroX said:
What exactly is this "No Child Left Behind" law?

President Bush signed the "No Child left behind" into law and it is about improving teachers, testing programs, report cards details and make it all work but under federal requirements meets. But some states have already met the federal requirements and have not gotten funds.. It's a flaw system. :Ohno:

Back