Name Sign for Obama?

I remember now. I just sign "Washington" for George Washington, and I sign the letter "L" on the forehead for Abraham Lincoln.

Doesn't signing "L" on the forehead also mean "hearing-think?"

I also know the sign for George Washington is "G" on the chin, then sign "Washington" the same as the sign for the state, and Araham Lincoln is "A" then "L" on the forehead, I don't know if Araham Lincoln part was offensive...

AL sign for just AL on your side forehead. Because he wore a black hat. It's not offensive.

I think that's the whole point behind the sign, Pinky. To infer that a Deaf person who "thinks like a hearing person" is a loser.

You're both wayyyy off base; what you two are saying is wrong.

When I was at the TSD homecoming someone cupped his ears to make a signed reference to Obama cause of his big ears.

When making a sign for Lincoln, you have to make only your thumb touch your forehead and the index finger face outside of your head. tap that thumb once or twice slow.

Hard to explain it in words though...but its the best I could explain. That sign was made up because of Lincoln's stovepipe hat.

The sign could be both used for either President Lincoln or the Lincoln car.

Actually, I've seen that sign represent the word "loser."

You have the positioning all wrong. The "loser" sign is with the "L" flat on the middle of the forehead while the "Lincoln sign is the "L" with the thumb tapping the side of the temple twice. On top of that it doesn't even make any sense to attach the "loser" appellation to Lincoln.

You have the positioning all wrong. The "loser" sign is with the "L" flat on the middle of the forehead while the "Lincoln sign is the "L" with the thumb tapping the side of the temple twice. On top of that it doesn't even make any sense to attach the "loser" appellation to Lincoln.

Get off my thread, Tousi. You're really beginning to irritate me tonight. :mad2:

Oh, okay; it's another one of those times, eh? Times that we don't have the luxury of seeing coming. Good night.

Back