Kill the cub in the zoo?

IS it wrong to kill the cub?

• Yes

Votes: 51 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
They could simply transfer the cub to another zoo.

It is wrong but the animal rights activist want the bear to be killed not the zookeeper. :pissed:

Oh it break my heart to read this, I am going to post it to my website now!

They could simply transfer the cub to another zoo.

Yes, I certaintly agree with you !

I will be seeing a polar bear and tiger cubs in Pittsburgh Zoo on Friday. YAY ! I can't wait to see those animal babies in the zoo. ;)

I am so glad to hear the zoo will keep Knut around as long as he is alive. His cuteness sure helps! Lots of pictures of him at this web-site.

Oh dear, I've just misread the poll question. I voted no instead of yes because I read it as "Should the polar bear be killed" :Ohno: :Oops:

So, you don't support the "animal rights" organizations?

This was Aimed at Animal lover who was against killing the cub and is for animal rights. I am also for animal rights and I think the poor polar bear has a right to life. After all 2 wrongs don't make a right.

I think the press are making too much of a big deal over this. When my dad first mentioned it I had to do a search on google to see what was being said. I found a lot of newspapers outraged about this. I saw not ONE animal rights website even mentioning it. So it seems to me only a small number want this polar bear to die. As someone genuinely conserned about animal rights, I am not one of them.

I am however, against Zoos as animals don't get enough space and it must stress them out a lot to have people turning up all the time just to stare at them. I think the bear should be taken to an animal sactury in his native climate where he would have more privacy, and hopefully more space.

I am against killing the cub... if you look at polar bears in the wild in general, their numbers are dying out due to global warming and loss of habitat.. ice is melting and that is a huge problem. So if we can save the animals, I'm all for it.

Plus look at all the endangered, threatened animals in this world.. if we don't do something, they'll all die out. And I find that VERY depressing.

my vote says yes because they dont killed the baby cubs must save the baby cubs!

Lovely pictures of Knut, he melt my heart!!

I believe Knut will die quickly if German Government brought him up and then release him to the wild, remember what had happen to the Willy, the Whale - Keiko - in Norway!!!

How to communicate with Knut how to find fishes, in the wild, how to find a best place to shelter, protect yourself in the wild??

Lock him up in the Zoo forever is the only opinion and will cost the German Government a fortune.

Lock him up in the Zoo forever is the only opinion and will cost the German Government a fortune.

I disagree. It would be best if he went to an animal sanctuary where they would help him survive in a more natural environment but he would still get fed and no big crowd of scary looking humans staring at him all the time.
I mean how would you like to be locked in your home and have these strange creatures peering through your window all the time.

big NO!!!!! on killing the cub
sighs

that cub is SSOOO cute melt my heart sighs

Polar Bear Star Knut's Keeper Found Dead

Polar Bear Star Knut's Keeper Found Dead

The zoo keeper who raised Germany's famous polar bear cub Knut by bottle was found dead Monday in his Berlin apartment.

A police spokesman Thomas Doerflein, 44, appeared to have died of natural causes. There was no reason to suspect suicide or foul play,

he said.

Dorflein raised Knut by bottle after the cub and his twin brother were rejected by their mother when they were just days old.

Knut weighed a tiny 810 grams at birth, and there were real fears he would die, as his brother did after just four days.

But the bear, who turns two in December, thrived and went on to become the star attraction of the Berlin Zoo, generating millions of euros in income through merchandizing and admission fees.

Polar Bear Star Knut's Keeper Found Dead | Germany | Deutsche Welle | 22.09.2008

I was shock when I learn from TV news last night... :(

I remember this one long while back. :(

So sad, I'm very sorry to hear about Thomas Doerflein's death and since I do not know him personally but he was Knut's angel who he truly loved and cared for. May he rest in peace, my prayers goes out to his family and friends.

:( Rest in Peace... I hope everything goes well with the bear and the family of his...

As for zoos, I don't support zoos for some reasons. I don't think zoos will help to prevent the extcintion of any species. However I glad that keep took care of Kurt for real. That's matter. :)

Back