it's abt 11 deaf peep who kick out from airplane

LovelyBlkGal

Reaction score
Ok here is read :

PLANE CRUEL

Jan 17 2004

EXCLUSIVE: 11 kicked off jet for being deaf

By Stephen Moyes

ELEVEN friends were ordered to get off a packed holiday flight seconds before take-off - because they were deaf.

The pilot claimed the group was a liability to the safety of the plane.

The humiliated passengers are now seeking compensation from easyJet.

The friends - from a centre for the deaf in Liverpool - had arranged a weekend away in Amsterdam.

But they didn't get further than the tarmac at the city's airport when the captain ruined their plans.

One of the passengers said: "We were in our seats excited about our break when we were suddenly told the flight would not leave with us onboard.

"It was made clear we had to disembark because we were deemed a hazard. The pilot thought that because we were deaf we would not be able to follow emergency instructions.

"We were discriminated against for being disabled. He said we needed carers if we wanted to fly and made us feel like young children.

"It was so, so humiliating. We had to get off the plane while other passengers watched and stared."

The outraged passengers have instructed solicitors Peter Edwards Law to seek compensation.

Mr Edwards said: "It is my understanding this was discriminatory behaviour against disabled people."

The group later flew to Amsterdam on another easyJet flight in October.

Now easyJet bosses have apologised and launched an investigation.

An airline spokeswoman admitted it had made a mistake. She said: "Our captain acted in an over zealous way.

"There was a misunderstanding. He thought wrongly that there were special needs passengers travelling without a care assistant. He was concerned for the safety of the aircraft."

That WRONG to kick them for no REASON shessh!! i find from link

They are going to get so much money, for the few mins of pain, they will never run into that crap on a air plane again as they will be able to buy their own jets for next time :)

Megladon yepper i agree you but it's wrong for them to kick out for no reason.. dang they should sue at plane being KICK OUT from this oh boy

WHAT! WHY in the LIVING NAME of ALL thats scared WOULD do this STUPID inane thing We're not causing plms we're TALKING CRIMINY CRIST!

Jeeze!! When is this ever going to stop? People need to stop treating us like we are criminals we just CANNOT HEAR! Simple as it is!

OH yea i know Cheri what you mean and hope they gonna stop it to treat deaf peep for nothing i hate that

:roll: gawd.. people should ought to learn how to show respect deaf people and treat them equal likewise to other people so :fu2: to stupid pilot who decided to kick them out for no reaosn...

OH yea i know they have show no RESPECT to deaf peep FunnyBebe78 since they have NO RIGHTS TO kick them from plane *Shakin my head*

If that was me, I'd just sit there and not let them kick me off. If they touch me, then I'll sue for physical harrassment! :fu:

That's really stupid, I'm surprised that the pilot was never taught about people who are deaf, in wheelchair, blind and with any kind of disabilities depending on their needs such as communicating in sign language, and etc.

I'm going alittle off topic in this thread, but similar story... I hate when this happened to me once almost two years ago, I was waiting for my flight to NY from Cali at the gate. I arrived at the gate about an hour or half hour before my flight. So, about 20 minutes before my flight, I noticed people got up and went up to the line. I thought, ok it's time to go. I got on the line, handed my ticket into the machine, made it into the plane. I looked for my seat and found out that the guy was sitting on my seat, I thought it was no big deal, sometimes it got messed up so I sat next to him. Then some woman came and said I was sitting in her seat, I moved to other. As we were waiting to depart, it seemed took a while and I saw a couple of securities walked into the plane, looked around. One of flight attendant asked me something I didn't even understand and a security came up to me tried to talk to me, he showed me a ticket with my name on it. I said yeah that's me. They were like get out of the plane, you are on wrong plane. I was like WTF? I didn't even know a plane right before mine departed at so close same times. I hate when they didn't put up a captioned announcement. All airports should have done that so no one would get into trouble like me. Man, I was kinda embarassed when all of passengers and flight crews (even the pilots) were staring at me as I left with the securities. Moments later I just laughed.

DANG! E I uddy u know what i did, I walked up to the gate desk lady, said PLEASE make sure I BOARD first cuz i can't hear and all, So she made alot of gestural movement like a DRAMA thing to make sure MAKE WAY DEAFIE BOARDING i was like uhhhhhh OK whatever and i just told them sorry for that. but then she saw i was sitting in the last part of the plane then said NO NO, UR sitting in the front,Fine with me i wasn't one for aruging, so i sat there minded my own business and had alot of fun i got off first and got my bag first waited a good 30 mins for a bus to arrive then headed home thats when i was in ohau. it was fun :)

e said:
That's really stupid, I'm surprised that the pilot was never taught about people who are deaf, in wheelchair, blind and with any kind of disabilities depending on their needs such as communicating in sign language, and etc.

I'm going alittle off topic in this thread, but similar story... I hate when this happened to me once almost two years ago, I was waiting for my flight to NY from Cali at the gate. I arrived at the gate about an hour or half hour before my flight. So, about 20 minutes before my flight, I noticed people got up and went up to the line. I thought, ok it's time to go. I got on the line, handed my ticket into the machine, made it into the plane. I looked for my seat and found out that the guy was sitting on my seat, I thought it was no big deal, sometimes it got messed up so I sat next to him. Then some woman came and said I was sitting in her seat, I moved to other. As we were waiting to depart, it seemed took a while and I saw a couple of securities walked into the plane, looked around. One of flight attendant asked me something I didn't even understand and a security came up to me tried to talk to me, he showed me a ticket with my name on it. I said yeah that's me. They were like get out of the plane, you are on wrong plane. I was like WTF? I didn't even know a plane right before mine departed at so close same times. I hate when they didn't put up a captioned announcement. All airports should have done that so no one would get into trouble like me. Man, I was kinda embarassed when all of passengers and flight crews (even the pilots) were staring at me as I left with the securities. Moments later I just laughed.
That's awful. It's all to blame on the person who took your ticket. They should have checked your ticket to confirm whether you were getting on the right plane or not.

I almost got into this similar situation before. I had landed at a layover airport. I arrived at the next expected gate two hours before it was expected to depart. There wasn't anyone there so I just sat there fidding around with my PDA and reading my magazines. Nearly two hours later, I looked at the gate and no one showed up. There wasn't even a note or a sign that said that the gate had changed. I got a little suspicious since they usually say that the plane is boarded 20 minutes before departure and it was 10 minutes before departure. I went to check the monitor and realized that they had moved the gate to another location. I ended up running half-way across the terminal... managing to board the plane just in time. Whew!

e said:

Ah, did you check the depart screen of flight numbers before you realize the plane gate has changed?? I do check the flight number every 10 to 20 minutes to be sure the flight gate isn't change my conflict ticket timer. I learn that from my mom, when she being lazy that she want reading her book. She send me to the depart screen and look for the flight numbers. I go back to sit next to my mom in few minutes.. she send me again i was like what?!?!? Mom say, sometime they didn't say anothing until last minutes. I do not want to carry all the bag and run to other gate. I was like okay. because it happen to us one time.

ideafspy said:
Ah, did you check the depart screen of flight numbers before you realize the plane gate has changed?? I do check the flight number every 10 to 20 minutes to be sure the flight gate isn't change my conflict ticket timer. I learn that from my mom, when she being lazy that she want reading her book. She send me to the depart screen and look for the flight numbers. I go back to sit next to my mom in few minutes.. she send me again i was like what?!?!? Mom say, sometime they didn't say anothing until last minutes. I do not want to carry all the bag and run to other gate. I was like okay. because it happen to us one time.
hmmm.. something i learned ideafspy :D i only fly 4 times in my life this july will be my 5th flight...

LovelyBlkGal said:
Ok here is read :

The group later flew to Amsterdam on another easyJet flight in Octobe

They accept it as compliment from the airlines, they cannot sue them in court !

If that situation happened to me and they apologized.. I would say your apologize NOT accept and I'll see you in court for discrimination...

LovelyBlkGal said:
Ok here is read :

PLANE CRUEL

Jan 17 2004

EXCLUSIVE: 11 kicked off jet for being deaf

By Stephen Moyes

ELEVEN friends were ordered to get off a packed holiday flight seconds before take-off - because they were deaf.

The pilot claimed the group was a liability to the safety of the plane.

The humiliated passengers are now seeking compensation from easyJet.

The friends - from a centre for the deaf in Liverpool - had arranged a weekend away in Amsterdam.

But they didn't get further than the tarmac at the city's airport when the captain ruined their plans.

One of the passengers said: "We were in our seats excited about our break when we were suddenly told the flight would not leave with us onboard.

"It was made clear we had to disembark because we were deemed a hazard. The pilot thought that because we were deaf we would not be able to follow emergency instructions.

"We were discriminated against for being disabled. He said we needed carers if we wanted to fly and made us feel like young children.

"It was so, so humiliating. We had to get off the plane while other passengers watched and stared."

The outraged passengers have instructed solicitors Peter Edwards Law to seek compensation.

Mr Edwards said: "It is my understanding this was discriminatory behaviour against disabled people."

The group later flew to Amsterdam on another easyJet flight in October.

Now easyJet bosses have apologised and launched an investigation.

An airline spokeswoman admitted it had made a mistake. She said: "Our captain acted in an over zealous way.

"There was a misunderstanding. He thought wrongly that there were special needs passengers travelling without a care assistant. He was concerned for the safety of the aircraft."

That WRONG to kick them for no REASON shessh!! i find from link

Actually the pilot had a reason, albeit a moronic and discriminatory one...

SmellyFeet said:
Actually the pilot had a reason, albeit a moronic and discriminatory one...

Correct. He supposedly was following regulations. Please keep in mind that the pilot has the last say in what goes on his plane. PERIOD. This is for safety reasons. He does have to follow rules, but the airlines will follow what he says first, right or wrong.
He will have to provide a good reason for his actions later, though. So if he was wrong, the airline will have to pay consequences. But during the flight, nobody can argue with the pilot. If you try to argue on the plane, you WILL get arrested.
Don't argue.. just be a good little boy or girl and follow directions. Then turn around and sue their asses off. ;)
I hope thats what happens in this case.

Back